Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
59 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Great article. It really is Roy of the Rovers stuff. Every Villa fans dream! If Dean takes us back to the Premiership he could become an almost instant legend. 

IF we get promoted it will be tough initially and maybe for several years, but with Dean and the new owners we may have a chance of returning to former glories. The club has great momentum at the moment. 

Obviously very different times but it feels a bit like 1975 when Ron Saunders took us back to the old division 1. I would love to relive the period 1975 - 1981. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate you said yourself you remember names of our managers from over 50 years ago.

I didn’t even have to try, 

Christ alive man, I guess you really don't have anything better to do eh? 

If you bother to read things (that aren't in the tabloid press) you'll see i quite specifically referenced 'in my lifetime'.

I am 36, people from 100 years ago are not in my lifetime - does this compute?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Christ alive man, I guess you really don't have anything better to do eh? 

If you bother to read things (that aren't in the tabloid press) you'll see i quite specifically referenced 'in my lifetime'.

I am 36, people from 100 years ago are not in my lifetime - does this compute?

As you won’t be replying again I could pretty much say anything in this post. Then again maybe that comment only refers to the other thread and not this one.  :)

Anyway  as you seem a little irritated and it’s the Dean Smith thread I will just say I think he is doing a sterling job just like all the tabloids said he would. 

UTV

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Way too early to start talking about Deano as being the best Villa manager ever, he's won nothing - yet. 

But for me, he's getting very close to being my favourite Villa manager - he's already ahead of Graham Taylor, John Gregory and Ron Atkinson, now neck and neck with Brian Little, and just behind Ron Saunders. 

Way too early is right, this winning run is amazing, before it some people wanted him gone and myself and others argued for at least the summer and him being here next season to have a proper go. Even IF we do manage to go up, this should be viewed as a longer term project, rebuilding down here or rebuilding to stay up is still going to be a massive job in the summer. I'd like to have his influence around the club for a long time, the fact he's managed to turn it around this season so spectacularly is phenomenal. With the right backing, which hopefully we can give in terms of DoF and the new board, then the sky really is the limit. We have a huge following and if we continue to do things the right way then in 5 years time we should be established in the Prem again and looking to push on from there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he’s  a breath of fresh air after the last manager.  Many on here cried out for a young modern forward thinking manager and to be honest I used to wonder what that would even look like.  Once the club recruited Smith I didn’t think we would see what his approach would bring until next season. 

Smith is starting to show us the value of a top manager earlier than we could have hoped. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed on football focus they started the feature on Dean Smith with the music from what a waster by the libertines.

I wonder what subliminal message the government propaganda channel was trying to program into the viewers brains this time?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I noticed on football focus they started the feature on Dean Smith with the music from what a waster by the libertines.

I wonder what subliminal message the government propaganda channel was trying to program into the viewers brains this time?

Mind your bleedin' own you two bob...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Great article. It really is Roy of the Rovers stuff. Every Villa fans dream! If Dean takes us back to the Premiership he could become an almost instant legend. 

IF we get promoted it will be tough initially and maybe for several years, but with Dean and the new owners we may have a chance of returning to former glories. The club has great momentum at the moment. 

Obviously very different times but it feels a bit like 1975 when Ron Saunders took us back to the old division 1. I would love to relive the period 1975 - 1981. 

 

One thing you had to admire about the great Ron Saunders, stubbornness aside, was his sheer pride in being the manager of the most important club, historically, in the World. 

You certainly get that same sense of pride with Smith.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dean Smith was furious and rightly so in the end, he did good to keep calm throughout the game, don't blame him losing it in the end, only so much you can take. I bet beilsa has been crucified for his actions on giving the goal, yet I think he only did it to save face because of his lack of sportsmanship. The Leeds players should be ashamed by there performance and if we play them at any point in play offs, I would do to them what they did to us and teach them a lesson if the opportunity arises.

In all my years of seeing football I've never witnessed such a display from a team that would leave me speechless all for the wrong reasons. I thought the whinging from the players was bad enough, then Girls a got yellow carded and rightly so. After that I just didn't think Leeds could go one worse, but they did with that un-sportsman like behaviour.

I have no sympathy for them at all and tbey deserve punishment alone just for being in the officials face so much as they were.

I honestly thought Hourihane was going to lose it and wouldn't of blamed our players if they'd of walked off the pitch.

The EFL needs to stamp down on this stupidity, Leeds have shown who they are, should be thrown out of the playoffs for such a display.

I feel like they were more than a match for us today and mainly because Leeds antics. We really need to be careful they were catching us off guard way to much, hope we can improve on this and shut them out next time..

I feel sorry for many of our players having to put up with what happened today, this will be talk about alot over the coming weeks.

Edited by Dave-R
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â