Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

we  give managers time...too much time

look how long we gave Paul Lambert!  Remi Garde should have been put out of his misery after the valentines day massacre. Sherwood should have gone in the summer.

If things don't feel right you give them the boot. I know from personal experience this stalker ex I had asleep in my moms porch. I'd get up in the morning to get the post and the **** would be there snoring. the signs were there that there wouldn't be an impending engagement.

the idiot is obviously flapping he's constantly talking about Brentford and how great they were and that's our future as if that's something to aspire to.

Birmingham city used to beat us all the time in the early 2000's but we didn't turn around and go "you know what, these guys are the future... we should copy their formation, tactics and the PR strategy like where every summer they're linked with Maradonna? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!"

anyway talking about your ex is the beginning of the end. look at David "when I was at Leeds" O'Leary, Martin "Cloughy used to do it like that" O'Neill and Steve "I had four promotions with other clubs" Bruce.   Also Jose "three times a lady" Mouhinio and Gerrard "I had some great times at liverpool" Houllier

You're f**king nuts mate. 

Edited by holteend1982
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Thread is a good read. Straight from the horse's mouth, echoing what people have been saying re: Grealish/Tuanzebe.

That tells me they are not listening to him or carrying out his instructions.

A squad not doing what the manager is asking spells trouble.

I'm more convinced each day the players don't like him or his methods. 

I think Smith is in big trouble.

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah right, glad we've cleared that up.

Shame we've used that as a stick to beat previous Managers with though.

Previous MANAGERS haven't been HEAD COACHES though.

So we are literally going nowhere here. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KHV said:

I also think it is coming to something if our manager/coach/cog-in-the-wheel is saying after a defeat to his old club, *my old club were playing the way I want to but unfortunately I can’t get my new club to do that* 

When you just think about this it is extraordinary that we should have a manager/coach/cog-in-the-wheel saying such things. I wonder if he reflected that in his pre-match team talk?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah right, glad we've cleared that up.

Shame we've used that as a stick to beat previous Managers with though.

I literally say in my post that we moved away from that paradigm, which means that previous managers would have been operating under it and as such, said criticism would have been valid in that context? Smith is the head coach not the manager where the buck ultimately stops with him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I also think it is coming to something if our manager/coach/cog-in-the-wheel is saying after a defeat to his old club, *my old club were playing the way I want to but unfortunately I can’t get my new club to do that* 

When you just think about this it is extraordinary that we should have a manager/coach/cog-in-the-wheel saying such things. I wonder if he reflected that in his pre-match team talk?

He didn't say he can't get them to play the way he wants, just that he needs time to do so. Perhaps try reading his words? Here, I'll quote him for you:

“That team has been three years in the making.

“It’s very hard to all of a sudden turn something into a different way.

“Villa played in a certain way under Steve (Bruce) last season and it was successful.

“We all have different views otherwise it wouldn’t be a good game to watch if everyone plays the same every week.

“Football is about opinions and I’ve got mine on how it should be played. It will take time to do that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KHV said:

We need to back Smith on this one and not the player, they're not good enough.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Too right, players are alwaya getting away with it and managers always pay the price

Would rather short term pain than see some of them here next season

• Like 1

Smith is really taking the pish with the "anyone who watched Brentford play against us knows how I want to play"

they didn't exactly tear us a new one with the one nil drubbing. they spent most of the game going left right then back. they only won the match due to Villa not taking their chances on the counter Hourihan and Abraham fluffing their lines and a mistake let them in in the last minute, switched off. It wasn't exactly an exhibition like Leeds V's southampton in the 70's

the guy is just full of bluster.

most of the players will still be here. they're all on fat contracts. unfortunately this means all the crap ones.

The best players will be gone Grealish McGinn Abraham Mings.

Its crucial we achieve promotion this season before the sky money dries up. the only way to do it is for the board to act now.

30 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If the manager is admitting he had failed to get his current squad playing the way he wants, isn’t it him who is not good enough?

There is little in Smith’s previous managerial record or in his performance so far with us that suggests he is up to the job at Villa.

Don’t  see much reason to back him tbf.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, eholm said:

On the contrary....the majority of this squad will be gone in the Summer and he will get in players who can follow instructions and have the ability to play the way he wants. It is the players that are not listening who are in big trouble....see ya lads!!!

You seem to think we are in for a huge rebuild and have the finances to accomplish this. I think you will be in for a surprise next summer

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They are, and there have been performances that show this. He can't get a tune out of them. Smith is starting to look and sound like Mourinho did towards the end

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

If the manager is admitting he had failed to get his current squad playing the way he wants, isn’t it him who is not good enough?

There is little in Smith’s previous managerial record or in his performance so far with us that suggests he is up to the job at Villa.

Don’t  see much reason to back him tbf.

If only Man City knew that when Pep told them he needed new fullbacks for 10's of millions to start his transformation.

It is as if we are totally ignoring that the abilities of actual players might affect their ability to integrate into systems or play a certain way.

What dafuq?

If he failed to get Newport County playing like Barcelona would it be him who isn;t good enough?

This is nothing mew for a a manager to say or do.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Exactly this. Smith for me is showing he is out of his depth and totally out of ideas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

You seem to think we are in for a huge rebuild and have the finances to accomplish this. I think you will be in for a surprise next summer

Regardless of the money, we'll need to find a way to have a huge rebuild in the summer - a quick look at the back of the programme from the last game suggest we'll be down to thirteen first team players in August - we'll need at least another ten to twelve. Time to scour that Bosman list.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Regardless of the money, we'll need to find a way to have a huge rebuild in the summer - a quick look at the back of the programme from the last game suggest we'll be down to thirteen first team players in August - we'll need at least another ten to twelve. Time to scour that Bosman list.

I think we will be in big trouble next season as most relegated "big" clubs are after failing to get promotion after the parachute money runs out. Forest, Wednesday, Leeds, Man City etc. A further drop down the ladder would not come as a shock to me

Â