Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I wouldn't say Bruce and Allardyce are equally good coaches.

Allardyce have a much better track record in the prem.

And if these kinds of managers are outdated why did we reach the play off final last season and why are Boro 5th?

Boro are playing a pretty good line up tonight and have had 1 shot on target with over 25 million worth of strikers on the pitch vs mighty Newport

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I wouldn't say Bruce and Allardyce are equally good coaches.

Allardyce have a much better track record in the prem.

And if these kinds of managers are outdated why did we reach the play off final last season and why are Boro 5th?

The difference is marginal. Even as stop gap solutions, they're not worth the lasting damage they'll do to the wage bill/squad.

Did either team get promoted? Look at the teams at the top of the table right now and their managers. Allardyce and co are thankfully a dying breed. 

• Like 1

Warnock is considered a dinosaur but he managed to get a Cardiff team that cost about the same as mccormack promoted ahead of us......

Whoever is in charge of us has got a massive rebuild to do. Half our squad is out of contract soon and we play most games with 5/6 players that actually belong to us

Edited by LakotaDakota

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Boro are playing a pretty good line up tonight and have had 1 shot on target with over 25 million worth of strikers on the pitch vs mighty Newport

That sounds like Villa, sure you didnt mean Villa??? :)

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

That sounds like Villa, sure you didnt mean Villa??? :)

Haha. I just watched the whole of the Boro game, and they reminded me so much of Villa. Going to lower league teams and allowing them dictate, offering very little. Then Gestede came on a stumbled around for the last ten minutes.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Depends on how you luck at it. Smith may see it as 2 wins in last 8 league games and only 1 defeat. Some of the draws we should have won. Not good enough but hardly enough to completely change things.  He feels there has been improvement in the last 3 games from early Jan so why should he change it? You can see the players know what they have to do. They just aren’t executing it well. 

Then again he could mix it up every game so the players look clueless. 

You’d have a field day with that. 

The last 3 games,

vs Hull we were awful got a undeserved goal just before half time we then improved slightly to get a 2nd but unlike most teams who have come from 2 down there was no relentless pressure to get the winner. 

Vs Ipswich we won but had Ipswich not been so woeful we wouldn't have won because we were that great we were just less shit than Ipswich (who should have had a pen and hit the woodwork) 

Vs Reading we were bad in the 1st half improved in the 2nd but hardly troubled their goalkeeper. 

The last 3 games haven't been good have they. I don't think they are anything to shout about tbh

Can't believe how sad some fans are at times with the lack of support you ha e for our coach. I don't know what is wrong with you, the ones who are doing it need to wake up abit and stop it. It was one thing to do it with bruce but to do it to Smith when he's had much less time at the helm is complete irresponsible.

Let's put it like this, the level of pressure to get the job right is one thing but then you lot who turn so quick and for pretty much norhing add to that pressure immensely. Smith has been in charge for not even a season and your down his throat, we were kind of lucky to get him a d this is the way we repay him, we could of ended up with Henry and we could be well and truly fighting relegation.

So bruce this season got the sack because the same squad in question is going on a run of not winning. Excusing certain players because they are new, some Injured or a few are actually playing good, Smith deserves more from us than this pitiful level of supporting. It's obvious what it is that's causing the unstableness and it's not Smith that's for sure, it's those players that have struggled ever since they have come here.

Bjarnason, Hourihane, Adomah, ghazi, bree, Hutton, Elmo, kodjia, jedinak, Richards, De laet, taylor, tshibola, whelan, mcormack, Hogan and prob a few more I may not of mentioned. Those players I mentioned have either done to much in the way of screw ups or not enough in trying to aid there careers at villa. The players mentioned have not in my eyes been the sparks they could of, some due to injury and others who ha e just been chosen to be forgotton and collect wages. either way that is an awful mess of a squad which baffles me as to why some on this forum seem to think it's the best squad in the championship, more like most laughable. many of those players have been carried or made out to look good when good performances have come in because stars like Tammy, Mcginn, Grealish, Tuanzebe have worked extra hard and nailed it on the day. if I had the choice I'd sell Those players I mentioned and if I couldn't sell I would trade and if I couldnt trade I'd say times up and cut my losses. There times coming, there maybe one or a few who end up with extensions and that's only to bide time to find replacements and then they will be gone in the summer and after. The moment we move on from that bunch of players the better because as a team they have under performed and as individuals they have clearly not rose and delivered what was expected from them. The fact that we have around 16 players who I see are taking up the space of someone who could come in and pmay there heart out for our club, makes me feel sick in a way. Those players look uninterested when they play that I would in fact take them out and play the Youth instead if they continue to do it, that maybe the one mistake I see Smith making. The fact were chasing a promotion means that while ever we are it makes decisions tougher for Smith to make in choosing Youth, if he chooses youth at this moment in time and we lose then fans would rip into him even more. 

All I have left to say is roll on next season and we say goodbye to some more of our space wasters. I hope we learn good and hard from this and we start to get us back to the task at hand and making a championship winning side. I knew we wouldn't be ready this season so I'm prepared for that, I think if we do get play offs, that we will get beat anyway unless Smith can of course work wonders eith the defence out of our latest signings.

So if we do not get to go to the premiere, we should surely take a step back and slow it down even more and relax. We will be there for another season so let's support Smith for as long as it takes. It has been said many a time that if Smith hadn't of come here that brentford under Smith would of well and truly been up there contending with Norwich and Leedsthis season and I agree, I think he was getting there. That tells me that all Smith needs is the time and the support to get the job done right and then we should see the hard work pay off.

Quick, rash decision making will only see us fall even worse I think, I trust in our owners and our staff. We've come along way and restored ourselves to a fully functioning club again, lets give it the time needed to restore the squad to a fully functioning team that is capable of winning this league. That is when i think we will deserve to go up and be apart of the premiere again when we win most our games. When we can take on other teams and capitalise on opposition errors and remain 80-85% in charge of the league winning 30+ games a season and losing only a small amount wlike wolves did will be something of an achievement. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Can't believe how sad some fans are at times with the lack of support you ha e for our coach. I don't know what is wrong with you, the ones who are doing it need to wake up abit and stop it. It was one thing to do it with bruce but to do it to Smith when he's had much less time at the helm is complete irresponsible.

Let's put it like this, the level of pressure to get the job right is one thing but then you lot who turn so quick and for pretty much norhing add to that pressure immensely. Smith has been in charge for not even a season and your down his throat, we were kind of lucky to get him a d this is the way we repay him, we could of ended up with Henry and we could be well and truly fighting relegation.

So bruce this season got the sack because the same squad in question is going on a run of not winning. Excusing certain players because they are new, some Injured or a few are actually playing good, Smith deserves more from us than this pitiful level of supporting. It's obvious what it is that's causing the unstableness and it's not Smith that's for sure, it's those players that have struggled ever since they have come here.

Bjarnason, Hourihane, Adomah, ghazi, bree, Hutton, Elmo, kodjia, jedinak, Richards, De laet, taylor, tshibola, whelan, mcormack, Hogan and prob a few more I may not of mentioned. Those players I mentioned have either done to much in the way of screw ups or not enough in trying to aid there careers at villa. The players mentioned have not in my eyes been the sparks they could of, some due to injury and others who ha e just been chosen to be forgotton and collect wages. either way that is an awful mess of a squad which baffles me as to why some on this forum seem to think it's the best squad in the championship, more like most laughable. many of those players have been carried or made out to look good when good performances have come in because stars like Tammy, Mcginn, Grealish, Tuanzebe have worked extra hard and nailed it on the day. if I had the choice I'd sell Those players I mentioned and if I couldn't sell I would trade and if I couldnt trade I'd say times up and cut my losses. There times coming, there maybe one or a few who end up with extensions and that's only to bide time to find replacements and then they will be gone in the summer and after. The moment we move on from that bunch of players the better because as a team they have under performed and as individuals they have clearly not rose and delivered what was expected from them. The fact that we have around 16 players who I see are taking up the space of someone who could come in and pmay there heart out for our club, makes me feel sick in a way. Those players look uninterested when they play that I would in fact take them out and play the Youth instead if they continue to do it, that maybe the one mistake I see Smith making. The fact were chasing a promotion means that while ever we are it makes decisions tougher for Smith to make in choosing Youth, if he chooses youth at this moment in time and we lose then fans would rip into him even more. 

All I have left to say is roll on next season and we say goodbye to some more of our space wasters. I hope we learn good and hard from this and we start to get us back to the task at hand and making a championship winning side. I knew we wouldn't be ready this season so I'm prepared for that, I think if we do get play offs, that we will get beat anyway unless Smith can of course work wonders eith the defence out of our latest signings.

So if we do not get to go to the premiere, we should surely take a step back and slow it down even more and relax. We will be there for another season so let's support Smith for as long as it takes. It has been said many a time that if Smith hadn't of come here that brentford under Smith would of well and truly been up there contending with Norwich and Leedsthis season and I agree, I think he was getting there. That tells me that all Smith needs is the time and the support to get the job done right and then we should see the hard work pay off.

Quick, rash decision making will only see us fall even worse I think, I trust in our owners and our staff. We've come along way and restored ourselves to a fully functioning club again, lets give it the time needed to restore the squad to a fully functioning team that is capable of winning this league. That is when i think we will deserve to go up and be apart of the premiere again when we win most our games. When we can take on other teams and capitalise on opposition errors and remain 80-85% in charge of the league winning 30+ games a season and losing only a small amount wlike wolves did will be something of an achievement. 

Contender for cliche overload post of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Let the fickle and non DS supporters bicker amongst themselves in this thread.

They will come around once we are in some form again.. as fickle fans normally do.

Yeah we shouldn't question a manager that has managed 1 win in 10 and those 10 were meant to be out easy games. 

Pissed of by the likes of Wigan, beat Ipswich who are the worst side in this league and we only just about scraped past them, vs Reading 0:0 and ended up hanging on for that draw because of the subs Smith made. But of course use the Fickle word because Smith is not allowed to be questioned is he, potentially after the West Brom it could be 1 win in 13 are we allowed to question him then? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Yeah we shouldn't question a manager that has managed 1 win in 10 and those 10 were meant to be out easy games. 

That 10 included Leeds, Baggies, 2 other recently relegated teams plus Hull who are the in form team in the division. Qpr also were in good form when played them

Only easy game was Ipswich and Reading

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That 10 included Leeds, Baggies, 2 other recently relegated teams plus Hull who are the in form team in the division. Qpr also were in good form when played them

Only easy game was Ipswich and Reading

That's a cop out. We should have had more than one win in January. On that basis then we should lose all our next few as they are all better than the sides we played this month. 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That's a cop out. We should have had more than one win in January. On that basis then we should lose all our next few as they are all better than the sides we played this month. 

How is that a cop out if thats who we have played in the last 10 games🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Let the fickle and non DS supporters bicker amongst themselves in this thread.

They will come around once we are in some form again.. as fickle fans normally do.

Totally agree - When DS wins a decent quota games I will come round - but then I admit to being fickle. If managers wins games I like him - if he doesn't I won't.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How is that a cop out if thats who we have played in the last 10 games🙄

The cop out is saying "inform" QPR and Hull. We should not be dropping points against these sides at home if you want top two. That's excuses. Smith should be doing better. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The cop out is saying "inform" QPR and Hull. We should not be dropping points against these sides at home if you want top two. That's excuses. Smith should be doing better. 

The truth is somewhere in between. Form matters for us as much as other teams. It would be nice to be getting more points though too.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We were never getting top 2 and nobody has said that except people a bit deluded that think we have a great squad 

Smith remit was play offs and these were teams above us when we played them

Â