Dean Smith

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I would like us after we have the defence sorted is to possibly get another striker in to partner tammy. God help us if Chelsea do recall Tammy were going to need one anyway, I feel that if we're to rely on kodjia, for goal were then just a Tammy recall away from having a very big goal drought, not to mention having a striker goal scoring consistency problem  We need our own Tamny abraham now, who is not our loan, hes ours, our other players offence isnt at Tammys level, we will struggle if we lose Tammy we need a back up of our own for him. We wouldn't need to loan Tammy if we had a scorer on Tammys level, this is why I hope Smith brings one in and that is one less problem we have to worry about if it arises.

Hopefully if the media has it rite, if bruce is appointed at Wednesday,  he will take one of his full-backs, centre-backs and strikers.

What centre backs???

21 hours ago, New_Hope said:

On their budgets and set ups....that's quite an achievement wouldn't you agree?

Brentford finished in the playoffs the season before he took over.

Not suggesting I don't think we've improved massively, and that I 100% believe he's the main to take us forward, but it's still a fact.

7 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I don’t get the certain guarantee that kodjia would have turned a match.  There have been plenty he hasn’t.  

its always easy to claim (and impossible to demonstrate or be certain) that “insert player name here” would have changed the match, when that player did not actually enter.  “I think Revel would have scored of one of out late corners if only he had been on.”  It’s just as valid a claim.   

Kodjia might have done well, he also might have been completely useless or counter productive thriugh selfish play .  We’ve seen him be all three of those.  How can you be so completely confident that the superstar kodjia would have been the one that showed up?

you can’t. 

I agree, I don't think at all Kodjia is a player we can trust who can turn a match for us. I've seen him score late minute winners, only the next game go and compete screw it all up. For me anyhow he's not a striker we should be placing trust in. We need someone new in eventually as none of our strikers are what we need them to be apart from Tammy, it's some big shoes we need a next striker to fill.

33 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Think we are safe as Tammy’s not Sarri kind of player ,  if you see his playing style in Napoli. He favors nimble false 9 type like Pedro/Hazard etc , even their first choice No.9 type like Giroud / Morata hardly features.

Though he did love Higuain and helped him to that record breaking season.

16 hours ago, hippo said:

I rate Abraham very highly - my only concern is how knackered if looks after 70 mins. He would be very difficult to replace should Chelsea recall him

And that 70mins you have noticed mite come down even further if we don't find another striker who is of Tammys quality.  We could bring someone in who is just as good as Tammy, who is much better than the other strikers we have coming on to replace Tammy, but Tammy and many of our stars need rest.

It's must be gruelling at this stage for our first teamers, last few games have shown we need energy. We need as many new players we get to have Mcginn physicality as he can run all day but even he is looking tired the poor guy. You know if John Mcginn is looking tired the work looks tough lol.

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

If Tammy got recalled I bet you Kodjia would easily fill the void, except for last season where he was injured for most of it he has always been very prolific at this level.

Sorry i dont agree Kodjia can fit Tammys void, hes not of Tammys calibre and while both are neither premiere capable, i feel if both did play in the premiere Tammy would have way more goals than Kodjia. I think Kodjia has met his match in the championship, think this is where he belongs, hes struggling to net a good quantity of goals and find form at times. Kodjia is good for bursts but can he score goals pretty much every game like Tammy, well if he could i guess bruce wouldnt of brought Tammy in.

I feel our strikers apart from Tammy and along with our defenders apart from a couple, are part of an era which is gone. I feel that if Bruce comes knocking to buy up some of his talent then sell him them.

Smith will bring in new replacement for many of our current players over time and ritely so. I though can not put blind faith in players that for some time now have not been putting out performances that they should of been. Under bruce we all knew it was bruce why our players were not clicking and performing. Under Smith however, Smith is training them, yet some can't get to grips with the new way of play so it's up to Smith to make that call. If Smith needs to make that call and I'm sure he will on a few players which some fans on here think they still have a place, we will see some players time here at an end. It is a shame for those who will move on, those who we have known for a long time, who tried not only to just fit in the Smith system but really gave it there all and I wish them well in there future because they did put alot of effort in and deserve there next chapter to be a happy one.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Sorry i dont agree Kodjia can fit Tammys void, hes not of Tammys calibre and while both are neither premiere capable, i feel if both did play in the premiere Tammy would have way more goals than Kodjia. I think Kodjia has met his match in the championship, think this is where he belongs, hes struggling to net a good quantity of goals and find form at times. Kodjia is good for bursts but can he score goals pretty much every game like Tammy, well if he could i guess bruce wouldnt of brought Tammy in.

I feel our strikers apart from Tammy and along with our defenders apart from a couple, are part of an era which is gone. I feel that if Bruce comes knocking to buy up some of his talent then sell him them.

Smith will bring in new replacement for many of our current players over time and ritely so. I though can not put blind faith in players that for some time now have not been putting out performances that they should of been. Under bruce we all knew it was bruce why our players were not clicking and performing. Under Smith however, Smith is training them, yet some can't get to grips with the new way of play so it's up to Smith to make that call. If Smith needs to make that call and I'm sure he will on a few players which some fans on here think they still have a place, we will see some players time here at an end. It is a shame for those who will move on, those who we have known for a long time, who tried not only to just fit in the Smith system but really gave it there all and I wish them well in there future because they did put alot of effort in and deserve there next chapter to be a happy one.

Must admit I was surprised TA didn't do that well in the Prem - although he was on loan to struggling Swansea I suppose.

I rate TA over JK if I am honest, that said I think Kjodia wouldn't be a bad replacement for championship football. 

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I think last season has clouded your judgement of Kodjia, at Bristol and his first season here he was banging them in for fun, honestly think it would be a tough call to say who would perform better in the premier league.

• Like 1

Kodj has never shown any inclination to work to a system or for the team.

He’s great at this level if you just let him do his thing and absolve him of any wider team responsibility.

In the premiership you just wouldn’t survive with a player like that as he would get 5-10 goals max. 

It’s clear Smith doesn’t see him as a Long term player so Id sell him if we had a ten/twelve million plus bid (come on Wednesday) and use the funds with the existing budget - to seriously upgrade our defense, midfield and grealish alternative.

We’d be much stronger for it and would still have Davis and Hogan as Tammy alternatives. Admittedly a huge gamble on Tammy staying fit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Think we are safe as Tammy’s not Sarri kind of player ,  if you see his playing style in Napoli. He favors nimble false 9 type like Pedro/Hazard etc , even their first choice No.9 type like Giroud / Morata hardly features.

I disagree.  Sarri has tried both of them in the starting lineup for months, but neither has produced anything of note.  Recently, he's started to play Pedro/Hazard as a false 9, BECAUSE Giroud/Morata have been so shit this season.  He would have continued to play a striker up top, if they were actually producing.  

8 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Proper nimble this guy... 

Gonzalo_Higuain_SSC_Napoli_v_Galatasaray_Pre_-C7eO3gAZbKl.jpg

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I disagree.  Sarri has tried both of them in the starting lineup for months, but neither has produced anything of note.  Recently, he's started to play Pedro/Hazard as a false 9, BECAUSE Giroud/Morata have been so shit this season.  He would have continued to play a striker up top, if they were actually producing.  

So you reckon Sarri would recall him ?Tammy is a proper no 9 so should back up Morata nicely since Giroud supposedly injured & Morata is not performing.

Just don’t think any of the top 4-5 teams play with no 9 regularly anymore . Also , if report is true they just signed a US striker Pulisic, which is another false 9 in the Pedro mold. So Tammy should be with us till end of season. 

Just now, Digavilla said:

So you reckon Sarri would recall him ?Tammy is a proper no 9 so should back up Morata nicely since Giroud supposedly injured & Morata is not performing.

Just don’t think any of the top 4-5 teams play with no 9 regularly anymore . Also , if report is true they just signed a US striker Pulisic, which is another false 9 in the Pedro mold. So Tammy should be with us till end of season. 

i dont see them recalling Tammy to play for them at all, he is decent for this level, but nowhere near good enough for a team like Chelsea currently imo.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

If Chelsea are signing more strikers, not recalling Tammy, I think it stands to say that they are open to offers of Tammy.

I think either way him being at Villa is a win win for Chelsea, if he is with us while were promoted we could buy him, if not and we don't buy him or don't go up. There will be plenty of premiere clubs wanting him next season with the goals he's scored for us.

If Chelsea's have signed another player in front of Tammy, Tammy doesn't have a future there anymore which i like the sound of that because hopefully Smith and club can get a deal done for him.

Edited by Dave-R

23 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

I'm an American...  Pulisic isn't a Number 9 at all, he's a winger/inside forward that can play as a 10 if needed.  He is Chelsea's replacement for Hazard in the Summer.

I don't see Chelsea recalling Tammy this January, unless Giroud/Morata pick up a long term injury this month.  Pretty sure Tammy is loving playing for us right now and won't ask Chelsea to recall him to find a struggling Premier League side to play for.  The only way he'll go back is if he is going to get some game time for the Chelsea 1st team.

Â