Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

I have a funny feeling that this page might be quite busy soon.....

You have to question him after that, the goals papered over the fact we were getting outnumbered in the middle of the field and he takes midfielder like for like

That’s completely on smith, terrible terrible reading of the game, bar young for cash (which looked like injury) the other subs  were wrong, but not just that, he doesn’t react to what’s going on in game, we never change from what we set out as even when other teams do.

Think most who watched it could see it coming a mile off

• Like 2

Just now, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

That’s completely on smith, terrible terrible reading of the game, bar young for cash (which looked like injury) the other subs  were wrong, but not just that, he doesn’t react to what’s going on in game, we never change from what we set out as even when other teams do.

Think most who watched it could see it coming a mile off

Not sure how Nakamba for Luiz was wrong, Doug was never lasing 90 minutes today and Nakamba as 20 minute sub to protect a lead has worked in a few other games.

Probably Buendia should've stayed on, easily his best game for us and a ball carrier to get us up the pitch.

Hause should've come on instead of Young and well the terrible defending kind of suggests that so he had that defensive sub option available and chose not to do it.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm definitely not in the Smith out camp yet but I think two things can be true at the same time: he's done a phenomenal job to get us where we are now but that he also may not be the man to take us any further.

This is exactly how I feel. I love the guy but I can’t see any progress on last season and this wasn’t a cheaply assembled team. This game has totally reversed my feelings on Smith. Pretty fickle but today was as bad as I’ve seen since the dark era. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

Ok Ings scored a good goal but I fear hes adapted his tactics to accomodate both him and Watkins. He needs to go back to what he knows best a 4-3-3 and leave out one of Watkins or Ings.  The three at the back isnt working. We're still conceding goals and Cash and Targett really dont have the requesite skills at the top end of the pitch like Bailey or Traore. Throwing a two goal lead away was on him because he tried to defend a lead by taking off two the better players today. 

• Like 2

Â