Dean Smith

Demitri_C

It is so refreshing to have a manager who is brave enough to be honest. I used to hate listening to Bruce talk total BS about a game that we had all seen. Having Taylor, Elphick and Kalinic available will help. Glad we are also looking at midfield because after Jack and McGinn the rest are all bang average.

• Like 2

On 24/12/2018 at 14:33, OutByEaster? said:

I get where you're coming from and after January, I'd like it to be true, but right now, and certainly yesterday I don't think we've got the personnel to do that.

Trying to manage games, or protect the lead isn't something we have players for. If we'd tried it yesterday, I think the end result would have been the same. Our best chance of winning the game was a third goal, not trying to keep Leeds to two.

We've got four fit defenders in the squad - three of them are most natural at right back. Revan is nowhere near ready for this team - for me, I'm not sure he should be starting for the reserves. He's behind Bedeau and Bazeley-Grahame in that side for me - and I don't think either of those two are ready yet either. We could have bought Bjarnason on I guess and taken off Bolasie but there are so few options on our bench other than wingers and forwards that it would be hard to make an effective shape. I genuinely feel that with the players we've got, our ONLY chance of winning games is scoring three or more goals.

I think as a team you have to try to do what you're good at, and on top of that you have to do as little of what you're not good at as you can. Us trying to defend a game is like Hutton taking all our set pieces - it'd be awkward and ineffective.  

I think you're absolutely bang on with a full squad - but we haven't got one. We're light three defenders and a central midfielder - even with the injured players back.

I know where Mark is coming from, and see his point, but I agree with you, we simply haven't got the personnel.

for me, we haven't got enough capable players in the squad to contain....Whelan is too slow and laboured, we need energy and effervescence.

I am hoping we sign the right types to compliment the squad.....but I fear 2/3 won't be enough.

Edited by TRO

27 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It is so refreshing to have a manager who is brave enough to be honest. I used to hate listening to Bruce talk total BS about a game that we had all seen. Having Taylor, Elphick and Kalinic available will help. Glad we are also looking at midfield because after Jack and McGinn the rest are all bang average.

With the defence taking all the headlines for replacements......so am I, Midfield needs better quality and more energy.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Met Dave Smith today massive Villa fan and goes every game and Deans older brother through my mate Clitt as he’s going out with cliffs sister. Proper sound guy he said he’ll have word with Dean re my scouting and see what he can do as heard about me from Cliff lol Nothing will get sorted but nice of him to offer. UTV

Dean Smith's brother is Wilson Fisk? Oh dear...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What's happend to Davis I wonder??  

Forgot about that bloke.

How much did we end up giving him a week, in a mad panic after he scored his  3 goals? What a terrible bit of business.

Edited by Davkaus

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Hopefully we can do a Fulham and go into the play offs with momentum and be the best team out of the 4 this time.  We've got every chance of doing that and it looks like we aren't hanging around when the transfer window opens.

I can definitely see us doing excactly that. I think we’ll be a bit of a juggernaut this second half of the season, with players back and new players in to fit our style of play. It’ll be fun, and hopefully not too late to make it a succesful season.

Edited by Michelsen

I am surprised he said he was going to rotate the team and then didn't but I am sure he has his reasons.

But 3 games now and the same players are under performing and need rotating badly, whether that is possible who knows.

I presume by the QPR match there will be changes.

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Whats the answer to Elghazi over Kjodia then ? from our honest manager then ?

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Met Dave Smith today massive Villa fan and goes every game and Deans older brother through my mate Clitt as he’s going out with cliffs sister. Proper sound guy he said he’ll have word with Dean re my scouting and see what he can do as heard about me from Cliff lol Nothing will get sorted but nice of him to offer. UTV

Stuart-Bingham.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Saying to my mate at game earlier (not including loans or Kalinic) the only two players currently that should keep in Premiership if we get there is McGinn and Grealish the rest are nowhere good enough to be top half team in that league!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Whats the answer to Elghazi over Kjodia then ? from our honest manager then ?

El Ghazi fits the system better, we keep the ball better with him in the side, he's better defensively and more consistent - I think that one makes some sense as a selection. 

What Kodjia brings is unpredictability and the chance of him doing something on his own - he'd have been perfect off the bench today - that one confuses me a little and I wonder if he was 100%.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Saying to my mate at game earlier (not including loans or Kalinic) the only two players currently that should keep in Premiership if we get there is McGinn and Grealish the rest are nowhere good enough to be top half team in that league!

Bang on the money and it's where I am also at with our squad.

Â