Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I wouldn’t have started them personally.

Maybe not - but I certainly would have brought our 2nd best goal getter (Kjodia) on at some point  - Had the BB chance fallen to JK I am sure he would have buried it.

Edited by hippo

Just now, jim said:

Going backwards, sort it out Deano.

His Brentford side last season dropped more points from winning positions than any other in the championship. - Sure we need reinforcements - but don't hold your breath. Would rip your arm off for top six right now.  - esp as the gap is now 5 points.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

With jack out is it worth trying 2 strikers upfront? It doesn't seem to be working trying to play the same system without Grealish. 

It just never works. Never understood the desire for it. Every time we try playing 2 at the top we look awful. 

Edited by PieFacE

29 minutes ago, jim said:

Going backwards, sort it out Deano.

It's a bit premature  to make those kind of statements. We have 3 right backs playing in a back 4 and a keeper who couldn't catch a cold. Grealish is out and his natural replacement, o'hare is injured.

Evidently the balance of the first 11 is not right and won't be until we can get the injured players back and bring in a few new players in January. 

Since he's taken over his record has been great. The problem he has is the shambles of a squad the cabbage left behind him. Can't blame him for picking shite like Hutton, Elmo and Whelan when they are the only choice. 

• Like 1

Today is probably the first time I’ve not agreed with his decisions in a game, and the first time I’ve felt deflated by his team’s performance. Still, I feel very confident of getting into the play offs under his leadership, and I certainly haven’t given up hope of promotion. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Today is probably the first time I’ve not agreed with his decisions in a game, and the first time I’ve felt deflated by his team’s performance. Still, I feel very confident of getting into the play offs under his leadership, and I certainly haven’t given up hope of promotion. 

Hopefully we can do a Fulham and go into the play offs with momentum and be the best team out of the 4 this time.  We've got every chance of doing that and it looks like we aren't hanging around when the transfer window opens.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This graphic that someone else posted earlier (Bruce fixtures in red and smith fixtures in green) really does hammer home the good job that Smith has done, and perhaps I hadn’t given him enough credit. 

7FECDA40-87BB-47DC-BDAA-5EFFA648B527.jpeg

It's a brilliant graphic and fills me with confidence.

The fact that automatic promotion is gone isn't down to Smith, a play-off spot would be a good return and I'm still confident we will get there. 

I would be more worried if Smith was lying and saying we were playing well when we aren't.

He knows it's not good enough.

The only weakness with him for me so far is he takes his time making subs when we need changes on the pitch. I don't think he trusts quite a few of the players which is maybe why he leaves it so long when the team is struggling. 

Hope he gets reinforcements to work with in Jan.

I think Kalinić and Elphick will both start new years day.

Seems a fair appraisal from Dean Smith and consistent with what  the majority were saying in the match threads.

At least he is watching the same game as us and isn't in some dream land about our performances, what is right and what is wrong.

With the correct signings in the transfer window and a few coming back from injury there is no reason we can't get in those play off places.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Â