Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm not sure how we're going to convince them otherwise but we really could do with Martinez and Buendia going off. With our injuries and then them pair having to isolate it's really not ideal for the club. 

Ok nevermind we're buggered :lol:

We’ll most likely get battered against Chelsea anyway. If Bailey and Traore are back we’ll be ok missing Buendia. Hope Steer stepping up. 

38 minutes ago, commander said:

Nah, i'm not having this was OK, it was rubbish. 

We've now got 1 point from 2 championship teams

We probably ought to have gone down a couple of years ago with hardly any points, coming up as a Championship team having to play PL sides. Great job, Dean.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Not sure how I feel about this. 

Not too impressed with either player if this is true. 

Not the players fault the UK chose to have such strict restrictions. Villa can fine them but the players have every right to represent their country.  

• Like 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Not the players fault the UK chose to have such strict restrictions. Villa can fine them but the players have every right to represent their country.  

It's also not Villa's fault. It would be nice to put us first. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure how I feel about this. 

Not too impressed with either player if this is true. 

To be honest it’s their chances, especially for Buendia. I can’t fault them, now I’ll stand against them.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It's also not Villa's fault. It would be nice to put us first. 

He's recently gained the number 1 spot for Argentina. I'm sure that he wants to keep that for the World Cup. It's not an easy decision he's had to make.

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

He's recently gained the number 1 spot for Argentina. I'm sure that he wants to keep that for the World Cup. It's not an easy decision he's had to make.

And he got that shirt because we gave him first team football and invested in him. 

I get its difficult but he's punishing the club for things out of their control. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Mings, McGinn and Ramsey start we win that game easily. Whilst not the best in the middle you could see Ashley Young talking Chuk through the game. 

I love having his shithousery in the team. Such a winner.

Dean Smith did well today even if I would have preferred Nakamba and Hause to start but it was a brave selection.

👀👀👀👀 you ok mate?

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We’ll most likely get battered against Chelsea anyway. If Bailey and Traore are back we’ll be ok missing Buendia. Hope Steer stepping up. 

Does not fill me with confidence. We could be missing Konsa, Mings along with Martinez. A central defence of Hause and Alex with Steer in goal vs Chelsea

spacer.png 

Time to earn your corn Smith! 

And he got that shirt because we gave him first team football and invested in him. 

I get its difficult but he's punishing the club for things out of their control. 

He's probably dreamed of playing for Argentina since the first time he touched a football. I understand his decision is all I'm saying.

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

He's probably dreamed of playing for Argentina since the first time he touched a football. I understand his decision is all I'm saying.

I do as well to some extent. 

It's just frustrating for us to suffer. We pay him a large amount of money to play for Aston Villa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's been Villa for 15 months. He has been Argentinian his entire life. I don't like it but I understand. 

I do as well to some extent. 

It's just frustrating for us to suffer. We pay him a large amount of money to play for Aston Villa.

It is frustrating but I think representing your country means a lot to the South Americans. Even Messi plays every single friendly that Argentina have when there is absolutely no need for him to.

27 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I have the sense if Villa had played that match in the final third of last season, missing just Grealish, it would have been a defeat. 

So a point with around 4 or 5 first team players out isn’t too bad, all things considered. 

I won’t pretend I’m not a touch subdued with the four points on the board, bearing in mind the next handful of fixtures, but it’s ok.

GTFO with your reasoned and sensible post!

• Like 1

Ran out of likes, but the previous posts on this page are spot on. 

4 pts isn't ideal but it's not a disaster either. If you put everything into context there's lots of positives going into this international break.

• Like 2

Smith did well today.

Watford and Brentford aren’t “two Championship sides”, they’re two Premier League sides and both have a decent chance of staying up.

If you don’t give Smith benefit of the doubt when half the squad is out (through no fault of anyone’s - just bad luck) then you aren’t arguing in good faith and have a vendetta.

My prediction at start of season was that we would have a shaky start and then go on a run of wins as the team settles. If we can pick up points here and there for next month or so, I can see us ending very strongly. Definitely no reason to doubt Smith’s position.

• Like 2

Â