Dean Smith

Demitri_C

No need for overreactions, stupid to overlook how disrupted we have been. Many were expecting a (heavy) defeat today… nothing of the sort…

Just need to get our best players and strongest side out there ASAP, we haven’t had the best of luck and need to catch a break. 

I would love another signing or two though… would help us out. Looks like it’s going to be a disruptive season, due to a number of factors.

Under the circumstances, we did well and did not flounder or fall apart like Villa teams of old… encouraging… plenty of fight and character in this squad. Credit goes to Dean…

He always says it like it is, he knows we need to improve. No excuse making, just facts: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No need for overreactions, stupid to overlook how disrupted we have been. Many were expecting a (heavy) defeat today… nothing of the sort…

Just need to get our best players and strongest side out there ASAP, we haven’t had the best of luck and need to catch a break. 

I would love another signing or two though… would help us out. Looks like it’s going to be a disruptive season, due to a number of factors.

Under the circumstances, we did well and did not flounder or fall apart like Villa teams of old… encouraging… plenty of fight and character in this squad. Credit goes to Dean…

He always says it like it is, he knows we need to improve. No excuse making, just facts: 

For me this is the sign of our continued progress. To handle the disruptions and move people around and still play reasonably well and get a point is fine with me right now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, commander said:

Nah, i'm not having this was OK, it was rubbish. 

We've now got 1 point from 2 championship teams. It's pathetic. Our aim is europe, and in this context the two resutls are a shambles. we've spent £300m so no this was a far from ok result. 

You're somehow talking about the context of a situation whilst simultaneously removing all context from it to support your point.

*mind blown gif*

• Like 1

Considering the team, I thought the performance was fairly good. I'm not sure what the stats look like but for me today we looked comfortable and can't really remember Brentford troubling us after their goal. 

It's a shame injuries and other problems have hit us so hard in this opening set of fixtures so for me 4 points isn't too bad. Unfortunate our fixtures turn so harsh now so it's probably going to be a slow run until Christmas but I'm certain when everyone is back and the squad is fit we'll start clicking, there's brief signs already. 

Wouldn't be fair to criticize Dean for result today, squad was decimated and considering what team we had then can't really complain with the point. We'll improve when some of the players get back to full fitness. I see hope and quietly confident things will be fine 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Considering the team, I thought the performance was fairly good. I'm not sure what the stats look like but for me today we looked comfortable and can't really remember Brentford troubling us after their goal. 

It's a shame injuries and other problems have hit us so hard in this opening set of fixtures so for me 4 points isn't too bad. Unfortunate our fixtures turn so harsh now so it's probably going to be a slow run until Christmas but I'm certain when everyone is back and the squad is fit we'll start clicking, there's brief signs already. 

I think we'll probably spend a lot of time in the bottom half before surging up the league later on. As long as injuries don't disrupt us too much

• Like 1

Mings, McGinn and Ramsey start we win that game easily. Whilst not the best in the middle you could see Ashley Young talking Chuk through the game. 

I love having his shithousery in the team. Such a winner.

Dean Smith did well today even if I would have preferred Nakamba and Hause to start but it was a brave selection.

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

Moving towards the Dean out camp.

1 point out of Watford and Brentford at home is shocking.

What we going to do when the fixtures get harder?

Put some context on to it and it's not 

Same as last season it'll no doubt balance out with an unexpected 3 points further down the line too

Lost to Watford but we could go on to beat utd at home for the first time since colour TV and everyone will still only go on about the watford result 

• Like 1

I have the sense if Villa had played that match in the final third of last season, missing just Grealish, it would have been a defeat. 

So a point with around 4 or 5 first team players out isn’t too bad, all things considered. 

I won’t pretend I’m not a touch subdued with the four points on the board, bearing in mind the next handful of fixtures, but it’s ok.

• Like 1

I have been very critical of Dean lately. I am also unconvinced about his suitability at this level but he did the best he could today considering all of the disruptions he faced. A draw is not a terrible result particularly as we went behind so early. Hopefully we now have time to get more players match fit. If things don’t improve then, he will start to come under serious pressure.

I'm not sure how we're going to convince them otherwise but we really could do with Martinez and Buendia going off. With our injuries and then them pair having to isolate it's really not ideal for the club. 

Ok nevermind we're buggered :lol:

Edited by Farlz

I’ve been criticizing DS, questioning him a lot. But today he’s done great. I thought we’d lose, probably battered again because of the formation. I liked that he had the courage to start Cairney, he even kept Buendia on the wing (which I was worried he’d get him back to the midfield). Finally a good result and formation against a good team, with a lot of players unavailable.

• Like 1

Â