Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They are sticking to their guns on this one, " Football Insider ". Smoke or Bollox? Claims we aren't actively looking but if this campaign starts off poorly etc.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/mendes-aston-villa-wolves-nuno/

Absolute desperation. Is it one of those "football insider" web pages run from India farming clicks?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They are sticking to their guns on this one, " Football Insider ". Smoke or Bollox? Claims we aren't actively looking but if this campaign starts off poorly etc.

It’s a story about an agent touting his unemployed client. Hardly surprising. It could also be referring to meetings held about players and nothing to do with Nuno. 

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How was Smith integrating youth players into the first team at Walsall and Brentford?

I think he was youth coach at Walsall before he got the job. Henry was one of them, i know Deeney played under him as well at youth level

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

With all the managerial changes going on right now it feels good to have stability and clear direction at Villa for once 

Its just nice to see everyone on the same page at Villa.....I am not ITK but thats what it appears like.

17th longest-serving manager in the entire Football League as things stand. Interesting to note that the last manager we had to last around this length of time was Lambert, and by that point he'd gotten incredibly stale and clearly didn't have that long left. So far Smith has managed to keep things fresh.

• Like 2

Interesting Grealish said he rushed himself back from injury in March and it got worse. I wonder now will the many people be apologising for calling Smith a liar at the time 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Interesting Grealish said he rushed himself back from injury in March and it got worse. I wonder now will the many people be apologising for calling Smith a liar at the time 🤔

Won’t be a whisper from them...

George Clooney Film GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The conspiracies on FB were batshit insane. Was like a QAnon chapter

On 01/06/2021 at 09:19, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

agent trying to get his unemployed client a new job...what a shocker

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Bielsa is a tough act to follow.

but like Ancelloti, is it sustainable?

He is just as likely to leave as Ancelloti has.

He has done a great job, but I am not convinced its for the long haul.

• Like 2

Â