Dean Smith

Demitri_C

55 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Excuse me, this post is seemingly measured and reasonable. Are you okay? Or is this a teaser for one of of your more attention demanding pontifications?

In the close season the angle is we aren’t great and shouldn’t expect much, it’s only during the season that dropping points is a disgrace :)

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same with Brighton. Infuriating. 

54 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

1 point against Burnley is the most infuriating.

Sheffield United was the one, 10 men and we couldn't break them down. 

• Like 1

I think he is doing a brilliant job. When people are saying he is out of his depth a couple of months ago just look at what he has done this season. 

There is alot more to come from him i reckon as well. Just like he improves the majority of our players through good coaching i think he himself spends alot of time trying to improve. 

And the great thing is he will not have to improve with one hand tied behind his back. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

When do you think you'll want him sacked next season?

Be careful what you wish for. Raneri won Leicester the Prem and couldn't get them performing the season after.

Certainly not saying this will be Smith, but don't say it as though it could never happen!! 

If we Spend 100 mil and struggle for midtable after this season, who knows.........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

When do you think you'll want him sacked next season?

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Be careful what you wish for. Raneri won Leicester the Prem and couldn't get them performing the season after.

Certainly not saying this will be Smith, but don't say it as though it could never happen!! 

If we Spend 100 mil and struggle for midtable after this season, who knows.........

Could you point out where DCJ is “wishing” for anything in his post?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Excuse me, this post is seemingly measured and reasonable. Are you okay? Or is this a teaser for one of of your more attention demanding pontifications?

In my mind I am always reasonable.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Nothing you've posted here makes any sense what so ever to the post you quoted. 

My enjoyment of Smith's success increases knowing how hard it must be for fans like you to swallow it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You genuinely thought it was reasonable that Dean Smith should have been sacked 2 months after getting the job?

I wanted a bigger name to go along with our multi billionaire owners. Both because it would raise the profile and reputation of the club but also because it would be a great attraction for future transfers.

I still do to be fair but as of now i can't see there being anyone being available who would make a significant upgrade.

Rodgers or Pochettino could become available in the future who knows? Those would both be great appointments, but if Smith keeps progressing the club he could establish a name and reputation for himself but i still feel he has that lower league reputation in the media and public.

Ron Saunders made his name at Villa, if Smith could do the same then great but as we're speaking we're still only a mid table club and Smith will have to do more in order to raise his reputation.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Seen quite a few Villa fans  expecting top 6 next season.

That's a bit much imo.

Top 4 is pretty established and Leicester, Spurs, West Ham are both quite a bit ahead of us in terms of their squads.

WE should look and expect to be in and around Everton and Leeds imo. Don't think either of them have great squads. Ff we are miles off them 2 next season then that's not good enough.

If we finish around 7th-8th next season that would be a very good season.

What the goal is and what you expect is two different things (not saying you said otherwise).

My goal for next season is to see us fight for top 6

Squadwise I can see us compete with anyone bar City, Liverpool og Chelsea (I believe United is performing way above any reason, their squad is so average). I expect us to fight for Europe, thats what owners, players and Smith have said :) 

Lets go next season! Some key signings and we are on our way

2 minutes ago, MentalM said:

What the goal is and what you expect is two different things (not saying you said otherwise).

My goal for next season is to see us fight for top 6

Squadwise I can see us compete with anyone bar City, Liverpool og Chelsea (I believe United is performing way above any reason, their squad is so average). I expect us to fight for Europe, thats what owners, players and Smith have said :) 

Lets go next season! Some key signings and we are on our way

I absolutely agree.

Be in the top 6 chase isn't unreasonable.

We've been in that chase for big parts of this season to be fair but we just don't have good enough squad depth.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Nothing you've posted here makes any sense what so ever to the post you quoted. 

My enjoyment of Smith's success increases knowing how hard it must be for fans like you to swallow it. 

Don't start mate!  Everybody is enjoying the moment and we can all agree Smith and the team have had a ended with great season.

But again just for you, I never wanted Smith to be sacked or the team to ever lose, which is why I got disappointed/frustrated, with the poor run of form we went on. Hopefully next season we can improve on the inconsistences with some new signings, an get into those European places. UTV

• Thanks 1

As much as we didn't get much out of Barnsley Southampton shef utd etc.

I didn't expect us to get anything out of liverpool arsenal x 2...Chelsea spurs and Everton so it kind of balances its self out.

However I will say....theres no point getting those results if we ain't going to take points in games we should be expecting to win. 

That's what will get us higher in the table next season

2 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

I didn't expect us to get anything out of liverpool arsenal x 2...Chelsea spurs and Everton so it kind of balances its self out.

However I will say....theres no point getting those results if we ain't going to take points in games we should be expecting to win. 

Burnley mate😆

3 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Says the fans of every single mid table team. 

• Like 2

Â