Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Finished with more points than 10/11. It's a remarkable feat for only his second full season in the league. Onwards and upwards.

Yeah shows what an abnormal points total was needed for top 10 that we finished with 7 points more than 10/11 yet finsihed two places lower! Even beating Sheffield United 40-0 wouldn't have got us 10th in the end.

Only 5 points off what we got in 07/08 and we finished 6th then.

No need to panic, just keep building and with how strong we're looking in many areas we will finish top half next season. How high depends on how good the signings are and not losing key men to 3 month injuries next year.

Only thing that can derail us at this point is Jack leaving so hopefully that's not happening. He's seen enough progress this year to keep us sweet.

• Like 2

Just now, Farlz said:

In classic Villa fashion we miss out on top half with 55 points. I've only bothered checking the last 10 years but 55 would've got us top half every other time 😅

I very much doubt a points total in premier league era has ever not been good enough for top 10.

Indeed in 92/93 Chelsea finished 11th with 56 points and there was 42 games in those times.

We do tend to be really unlucky with those sort of things such as missing out on direct euro qualification twice finishing 6th when random teams made the FA cup final and won the league cup.

Brighton home, West ham away, Burnley home n away, Sheffield United, Newcastle away, man United away, these are games I felt we should have won but we missed too many easy chances that's on the players. 

Dean Smith has improved himself and the players from last season. Next season we tighten up on the conceding of shots and start being more ruthless in front of goal we'll have another great season.

Fantastic end to a great season. 

If Jack has been fit all year I reckon we wouldn't have been far off West Ham and Leicester in the league. Fantastic progress. 

Looking forward to seeing who we purchase in the summer. 

• Like 1

Well done Deano, great to reflect back now and say Deano has done a great job, hope things continue in the same way, best thing about Deano, he seems to learn and improve. Summer should be really good and exciting. Bring on next year!!

New contract this summer please. If the players deserve to be rewarded for their incredible improvements, so does Deano. We are lucky to have him, he's lucky to have us. It's a wonderful combination, currently. 

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

New contract this summer please. If the players deserve to be rewarded for their incredible improvements, so does Deano. We are lucky to have him, he's lucky to have us. It's a wonderful combination, currently. 

I genuinely think he'll get one. 

• Like 1

Â