Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Well. It’s just opinion. We will have to wait and see what happens. It would not be the first time that I was way off to be fair.

Yeah, time will tell. I just don't see the owners demanding much more right now. I think we've been putting things in place to build something long term and these dips are going to happen on the way. 

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

3rd from bottom and less  points than west brom is acceptable?

If the season started with those 10 games we will would be in a relagation fight again.

Acceptable?

All that matters is after 38 games we're well safe and have improved. 

Absolutely acceptable. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

All we know is that 8 members of the squad had Covid. One of those was Trez who has hardly figured anyway. I am a medical layman but my wife played a significant role in the pandemic. She has not seen a single patient with extreme covid symptoms who is young and fit. Not one.

Saint-Maximin was affected for months after contracting it, and this was discussed extensively at the time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Lol.

Hilarious. Do you realise what you have just written? You managed to destroy your own point with the very next sentence. 

Impressive.

Just take a single sentence out of context. Well played sir! 

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Just take a single sentence out of context. Well played sir! 

I can quote the whole post if you prefer? 

You told the poster that they are not looking at the bigger pictue and then immediately used our current form as a qualifier for your narrative. 

If you can't see how that's clearly contradictory and prefer to make excuses for your illogical reasoning by suggesting I'd misrepresented you then fine. 

But what you said makes no sense. 

Edited by One For The Road

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just 2 more defeats to get through and the season is finally over 

Just two more games to get through, both of which will be very tough and then we can look back on a job well done and look forward to strengthening in the summer.

It's a matter of perspective.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Newcastle have eased Saint Maximin back into things.

Who knows who got covid but I can't believe for a second Ollie got it given he's played every second of every game bar Everton since January and generally looked fit. Targett been excellent so not him or Konsa or Mings and Cash has dipped but more due to the injury he got.

So really from key players only leaves McGinn (any hardly missed a second) and Luiz who may well have been one given he was well off in Feb and March and was actually left out for a few games.

Barkley obvs but he's largely benched warmed in last three months.

It's no good blaming covid....and playing some of those affected for every single minute of every game as we could well have done given we don't rotate anywhere near as much as most other teams above us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just 2 more defeats to get through and the season is finally over 

Just watch Leeds instead mate. Something tells me you'll enjoy it more. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

The exception that proves the rule.

Says the guy whose sample size for information on the subject is his wife. 

There are thousands of examples of long covid affecting young healthy people and they are very easy to research.

I genuinely don’t understand why you can’t provide an informed negative opinion (not fact, just your own observations) of the manager without getting attacked. Surely that’s what the forum is for? Smith is not above criticism and we all see things through our own experience. For me, I have seen enough from him to think that a change is due.  I also will be fully open minded to changing my opinion should the facts change, which of course I hope they do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I can quote the whole list if you prefer? 

You told the poster that they are not looking at the bigger pictue and then immediately used our current form as a qualified for your narrative. 

If you can't see how that contradictory and prefer to make excuses for your illogical reasoning by suggesting I'd misrepresented you then fine. 

But what you said makes no sense. 

I said that he couldn’t just look at the league position to judge our season you also have to take into account all factors. This includes our awful form and performances.

21 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I know what you are saying. But the season didn't start 10 games ago. We need to look at the season as a whole. 

For me the season overall has been acceptable. We had a fantastic start to the season and we've been quite poor recently. DS has built up enough credit to allow him the summer and half of next season before I start to ask questions. Let's see where we are next Christmas. 

I agree herman thats why he is still in a job he would have been aacked if this form was at the start of the season.

Im highlighting my concerns on smith just to show why i feel smith isnt doing good enough.

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

I said that he couldn’t just look at the league position to judge our season you also have to take into account all factors. This includes our awful form and performances.

If you take all things into consideration, you have to also consider our amazing start, our lack of our star player, our recent promotion, our new direction, our fantastic results against some of the top sides and the fact we have finished far higher than last season. 

Form is temporary. We are moving forwards at a quite an impressive rate.

• Like 1

Â