Dean Smith

Demitri_C

On 28/04/2021 at 17:08, DCJonah said:

Just read a quote from Dean I hadn't seen before. 

Hopefully this might put some of those concerns to ease about subs and changing things. Especially with purslow also saying it would take 3 years of being a premier league team to have a strong squad. 

I have no doubt, the stronger squad depth the more we will see Dean adapt and change more. 

He said something similar after the Chelsea game. Which we could and should have won in hindsight. I felt like we respected them too much once we realized we can cause problems we started to create chance after chance in the second half.

On 28/04/2021 at 18:23, villalad21 said:

Proof is in the pudding.

We are showing relegation form without Jack and Emi is being overworked.

In my view Dean isn't getting enough out of his players. 

People won't like to hear it but we are a bottom 5 team without Grealish. You cannot hide behind it.

But then again before the covid outbreak we should have been top based on the performances of every game. Up until the covid stuff I believe we only gave up the last 30 minutes against Leeds and about 25 minutes against Southampton at home. Other than that we were fantastic and we comfortably outplayed everyone we came up against.

On 28/04/2021 at 18:23, villalad21 said:

Proof is in the pudding.

We are showing relegation form without Jack and Emi is being overworked.

In my view Dean isn't getting enough out of his players. 

People won't like to hear it but we are a bottom 5 team without Grealish. You cannot hide behind it.

If our strongest 11 played Barca without Messi we win. Barca are dogshit without the great man. In a season or two we'll have players who can mitigate losing our great man for a few games a season. Grealish is world class obviously we're going to vastly weaker without him. 

• Haha 1

Next season is about rectifying the mistakes of this season. I don't think it'll take much. We need to limit how many chances we give away. We were brilliant at this before the covid breakout. 

Like it or not covid has effed us more than most.

Another is taking our chances. Before our slump we were very wasteful.

I'd also like to see us gain a nastier edge to our play. "How dare you tackle me" "move out the way" -  I'd like to think we'd win more games if our players were collectively less nice and a little more arrogant on the pitch. 

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah 1-0, not so good when they beat us 3-0 at VP . Or can we not mention the negatives?

You can mention whatever you want you little ray of sunshine.

Was so good that 1-0 win over Leeds. No Grealish as well of course.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah 1-0, not so good when they beat us 3-0 at VP . Or can we not mention the negatives?

well i thought we were only allowed talk about the recent games as some people dont like mentioning the 7-2 as it was in the past

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well i thought we were only allowed talk about the recent games as some people dont like mentioning the 7-2 as it was in the past

You can ofcourse mention the 7-2, but don't start moaning when others ask where that quality football we used to play has gone.

• Like 1

Page 1979 and it feels like Villa are in 1979 in terms of development. A couple of decent mid table finished whilst we build the team. In a couple of years I fully expect us to be challenging for top 4 and Cups.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly 👏

In all fairness though has anyone moaned if that question has been asked? 

I've seen lots of answers given with various reasons: Jack's injury, covid, Barkley's lack of form and fitness, fixture congestion, lack of squad depth, poor decision making. 

I mean the question has been answered numerous times with no moaning. 

What I think the original poster meant to say, was don't moan when we blame it on Dean Smith. Which is of course completely different.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

In all fairness though has anyone moaned if that question has been asked? 

I've seen lots of answers given with various reasons: Jack's injury, covid, Barkley's lack of form and fitness, fixture congestion, lack of squad depth, poor decision making. 

I mean the question has been answered numerous times with no moaning. 

What I think the original poster meant to say, was don't moan when we blame it on Dean Smith. Which is of course completely different.

Morning DC

Only the poster knows what he meant. 

As you have correctly highlighted there has been various reasons in this thread why posters are blaming the current slump.

But its the way certain points are dismissed when i think they have an element of truth when criticising smith.

Im hoping for 3 points against Everton but i recognise will be a tough game. I would have liked kesler or chuk to be given some game time last week. Didnt see what benefit having elmo start when he is leaving next month?

The only youngster he has given game time to is ramsey who i think hasnt really impressed yet. I think a loan move would do him good in summer

Â