Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Absolutely - but to say he can't coach or get good results from this bunch of players (or that those players are not good enough to get these results) is stupid.

Maybe less stupid to wonder if the can turn things round when form is on the slide?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's simply a case of moaning brummies. You just can't accept we're on the right path for once. Whoever we have as a manager, you will hound out unless he wins us back to back PL titles, and then our football is probably dull or something. And that's not a post aimed and you spesifically M. It's aimed at all of you miserable bastards. Just accept we're moving in the right direction and our path will be like the graph of an stock market index. Some months we will struggle, others we will look splendid.

My cousin was saying the other day it will all go downhill at home when fans return because of how much we moan! Obviously taking the piss but I have to admit as a fan base we sure to love a good moan at the ground.  Wonder if all fans are the same? 

58 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

So by the same dint he coached them for this very poor end to the season. If he gets credit for the good he takes responsibility for the bad. (Not that I see this rule applied very much in this thread.)

This a joke?  Smith gets slaughtered on here!

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My cousin was saying the other day it will all go downhill at home when fans return because of how much we moan! Obviously taking the piss but I have to admit as a fan base we sure to love a good moan at the ground.  Wonder if all fans are the same? 

I think that must be the case (or at least I hope so). My local team and first love even before Villa are St Patrick's Athletic, I was watching us play the other day and after about an hour the co-commentator - a former player of ours and our current DOF - said "it's almost a good thing in games like this that there's no fans here as you could imagine the crowd being filled with moans and groans"...we were 1-0 up and currently top of the league after many seasons of mid-table mediocrity! Either I've managed to surround myself with the moodiest two sets of fans on the planet or it really is the case there's no club without it's sizable chunk of vocal pessimists. Gotta love it all the same, spice of life and all that.

• Like 1

whatever you think of this season and Dean, we have to find a way of picking up more points without Grealish.

Not saying there should be an expectation to be as good as we would be with our best player in the team, but we have to be more competitive and less reliant tactically.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Won more games

Got more points

Scored more goals

Conceded less goals

Finished higher in the league. 

Yeah, I wonder if Den Smith can coach improvements in our squad. 

Very black and white without much context. 

You can't just ignore our horrible 3 months just because we had a great first half of the season. 

Ignoring our form and us showing relegation form without Grealish  doesn't make the problem go away. 

What if Grealish gets a long term injury at the start of next season? What do we do then? 

Resting on past laurels is the worst thing you can do in sport. 

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Very black and white without much context. 

You can't just ignore our horrible 3 months just because we had a great first half of the season. 

Ignoring our form and us showing relegation form without Grealish  doesn't make the problem go away. 

What if Grealish gets a long term injury at the start of next season? What do we do then? 

Resting on past laurels is the worst thing you can do in sport. 

Well we've progressed every season and improved every season so I'm confident we will again. 

Crazy thinking I know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

What point are you trying to make? 

I think you know, you tinker.

The engine room...so much of their stuff comes through him....thats why they miss him, like we miss Jack....except they play in different positions.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Won more games

Got more points

Scored more goals

Conceded less goals

Finished higher in the league. 

Yeah, I wonder if Den Smith can coach improvements in our squad. 

Is he bringing his brother in?

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well we haven’t had to wait for the fans to return for that to happen, have we?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

whatever you think of this season and Dean, we have to find a way of picking up more points without Grealish.

Not saying there should be an expectation to be as good as we would be with our best player in the team, but we have to be more competitive and less reliant tactically.

This is fair

Â