Dean Smith

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I really can't abide this 'It's just my opinion, I don't care about facts' way of thinking - It's just incredibly arrogant. But then we do live in the 'we're fed up of experts' time, so what can you honestly expect these days? 

Villa are shit at the moment, fact! An if we lose to West Brom, some fans will lose there shit, others will try and excuse it, fact!

Happy?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Villa are shit at the moment, fact! An if we lose to West Brom, some fans will lose there shit, others will try and excuse it, fact!

Happy?

Some lose their shit. Others won't.

It won't be because people are 'making excuses.'

Speaking for myself, and I've read the last few thousand pages, I'm pleased that Smith has had us improving year on year. Grealish is part of his squad as he would be for any Villa manager while he's still a player here.

There seems to be an odd weight to the hypothetical 'if we lose to West Brom' almost as if we already have. But **** it, we are capable of losing to West Brom. Results like that happen, and we do have injuries/suspensions that make a difference. But we might win too. Losing to West Brom, just like beating West Brom, is not the be all and end all. How is that more important than three years of constant improvement, easily quantified by looking at the table?

Things aren't completely perfect now but so what. What do we expect? We don't have a right to anything.

• Like 4

I am not happy with our form and the players, but I have no idea what is causing the bulk of our problems.

Injuries, fitness, confidence, as many have said there are is a toxic mix of factors that have derailed us and no clear formula to get us back on track.

Some of the blame has to lie with the manager and coaching staff, but the players also need to take a huge slice of responsibility.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Happy?

" We are not entitled to beat any team in this league, we barely survived last season, and some fans expect us to be getting results against an in form, West Brom side, which just put 5 past Chelsea, like pathetic , spoilt children, i despair, i really do! "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I am not happy with our form and the players, but I have no idea what is causing the bulk of our problems.

Injuries, fitness, confidence, as many have said there are is a toxic mix of factors that have derailed us and no clear formula to get us back on track.

Some of the blame has to lie with the manager and coaching staff, but the players also need to take a huge slice of responsibility.

For me, just end this season, re-assess the squad, new blood in, shift some deadwood, get jack fit and fighting, then begin our title charge

• Like 4

11 hours ago, nick76 said:

A ratio is calculated for whatever you want to calculate, I was just referring to the PL that’s all.  On a side note, doing a ratio using various leagues/levels is nonsensical because you aren’t comparing apples with apples, it’s floored before you start.  Your second paragraph trying to justify doesn’t work either as you still aren’t comparing apples with apples full stop.  Ratios are also not good over long periods because circumstances are different each season and your goals are different especially in growing clubs.  Anyway we could debate that for a long time I bet, my point was that a 40% rate generally gets you a comfortable top ten 10, which is great season for us this season whereas you were pointing out Deans 40% win rate wasn’t all that.  That’s a my point was... I don’t care about the rest and I didn’t say you wanted Dean replaced re the other post.

We will agree, to disagree.

Except, no I don't want Dean replaced.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

We will agree, to disagree.

Except, no I don't want Dean replaced.

No probs.

I dont think I've ever referred to you as wanting Dean replaced, I know there is only a few of them about

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I really can't abide this 'It's just my opinion, I don't care about facts' way of thinking - It's just incredibly arrogant. But then we do live in the 'we're fed up of experts' time, so what can you honestly expect these days? 

Pot.......kettle.....black😜

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No one has said they want him replaced!!! 

Literally somebody said yesterday, if I get back on my desktop later I will find it rather than be on my iPad as I am now.

Somebody also said roughly two weeks ago that if he doesn’t play the kids before season end he should be replaced and we checked if he was joking and he wasn’t.

I know there is only a few but there are some around, I don’t need to make this up.

Also seem to be a small click of people who want to keep Smith but also change everything about him like mannerisms, personality, style of play and type of players he likes.

So pretty much like your average girlfriend. :D

Misogynistic, yes I know.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

Maybe I’m naive or totally blind but I don’t at all see any problems. I, like most of the players I suspect, have pretty much finished with this season. We are staying up and that’s all I wanted. It’s a weird time for football and sport but we’ve achieved our goal and we can build on that for when things go back to normality.

I think you all need to chill a bit. This is now a nothing finish to a premier league season. When was the last time we had that???? I’d have broken both of your arms and legs off if you offered me that at the start. 

edit: one of these days I’m going to read my posts for typos before I post them rather than after the fact...

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Maybe I’m naive or totally blind but I don’t at all see any problems. I, like most of the players I suspect, have pretty much finished with this season. We are staying up and that’s all I wanted. It’s a weird time for football and sport but we’ve achieved our goal and we can build on that for when things go back to normality.

I think you all need to chill a bit. This is now a nothing finish to a premier league season. When was the last time we had that???? I’d have broken both of your arms and legs off if you offered me that at the start. 

edit: one of these days I’m going to read my posts for typos before I post them rather than after the fact...

You said it!

I'd rather play like Burnley. The board will just blame it on Smith.

Â