Dean Smith

Demitri_C

What is the plan for next season then. Grealish leaves this summer. Without him we have seen what we are. And that's pretty bad. 

So what does Smith do without Grealish there to bail us out time after time. It's going to be interesting. And potentially very worrying!

Just need to be patient, still time left yet.

Edit: I have to confess when I wrote this I wasn't confident, good to get the result though, seems a while since the first team have had something to cheer.

Edited by useless

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

For the first time I want smith gone. He has done nothing to try and halt our run. Same formation. Same tactics. Same result. What is he doing to earn his large salary? End of the season he has to go. Totally one dimensional.

Funny old game :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So will he stick with that formation next game?

Stick with the hungry / angry players

Trez is shit but at least looked like a man playing for something

You can blame Smith all you want but we have a shocking number of passengers

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

Ha ha. Agreed. The point still stands though. It’s only when we switched formation and went direct that things started to happen. I bet in the next match he reverts to type and we get the same result.

Anyway the result certainly feels better than it looked for most of the match. Will happily take it.

It really doesn't stand. You wanted a manager sacked for being 11th in the league. 

• Haha 1

73 minutes of pure dog shit.  It was awful stuff.

But his subs changed the game so credit where is due to him fir that. But we cannot afford another pre 75 mins performance against a better side. We woumd get thumped 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

It really doesn't stand. You wanted a manager sacked for being 11th in the league. 

No. I, for the first time wanted him sacked for not learning from his many lessons. When he switched to what I wanted from the start, things started to happen. He needs to be more flexible. Anyway I will enjoy the win.

Smith pulled a rabbit out the hat in last what 15-20 mins.

Sticking two right wingers on and adding more attack certainly have us something we have not seen since Covid.

Our first eleven look flat as pancakes and I must admit bringing the usual culprits on I expected nothing but the results in a system change and player change were surprisingly shocking.

I'd say well done players and Smith for turning round a game I were angry at, for pulling some goals out when I expected none and for making a game that appeared less and less likely we were going to draw a win in the end.

That was a tough fought for victory and I may of slated some of the players saying that some were championship material in the match day thread, but really it seems when fans are at the most pissed off, Smith, co and players seem to magic something up for us.

What's topsy turvy rollercoaster today was and we needed it because it's been looking apart from Leeds that we were a Grealish win team but today is another reason to say we are not.

Brilliant win.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

👏

Exactly the 'i told you so posts' and yet hiding the fact we were dreadful for 70 minutes.

We were dreadful for 70 plus but you know what he did enough to change it and make a win happen and there's not many a manager that could do that with this squad aftera dire first half and half a second half.

Smith did ace I think after he made the choices to change the system and tweak it, it was clear something had to be done.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Stick with the hungry / angry players

Trez is shit but at least looked like a man playing for something

You can blame Smith all you want but we have a shocking number of passengers

Who he keeps picking and won't change the formation to include these angry players as you say

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

73 minutes of pure dog shit.  It was awful stuff.

But his subs changed the game so credit where is due to him fir that. But we cannot afford another pre 75 mins performance against a better side. We woumd get thumped 

That was lulling them into a false sense of security and then we explode with three goals for the win.  It was always the tactic of Smith for this

veronica mars wink GIF

• Haha 3

He is still learning at this level. Some could say at our expense but he is improving also.

Facts were we looked poor for most of the game and the manager made a tactical change that influenced the game.

I hope that he learns from this game and season and I hope that he has a few things lined up in the summer.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

We were dreadful for 70 plus but you know what he did enough to change it and make a win happen and there's not many a manager that could do that with this squad aftera dire first half and half a second half.

Smith did ace I think after he made the choices to change the system and tweak it, it was clear something had to be done.

The thing is dave people saying this squad isnt good enough - well they showed they are good enough as they won the match.

Also this is smiths team no one elses. If its not good enough its on smith

Â