Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Serious questions need to be asked if we put in another insipid performance yet again without Grealish. I know he's world class but our complete inability to create anything without him is shameful.

• Like 1

Dean has had 2 weeks to come up with a plan b should Jack not be available and yet he just picks the same formation/tactics/players that have consistently been awful for weeks. This is why people get sick of him. That is not management, it is madness. Play a diamond, try wing backs, play two up top, go direct up to Davis anything other than do what we did last time. It doesn’t work!

our real weaknesses in recent weeks have been wide forward and centre mid. Play wing backs and get the wide forwards out of the team. Add more steel to midfield. Play a different option up top. Be direct. It is only temporary but we need something to arrest the turgid rubbish of the last few months. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Serious questions need to be asked if we put in another insipid performance yet again without Grealish. I know he's world class but our complete inability to create anything without him is shameful.

I agree. Annoying seeing Newcastle about to get a point off Spurs.

Without Grealish we're competitive at 0-0 but we just give up as soon as we go 1 down. Mind you not like our record with him when we're losing in games is that amazing.

Fulham are decent but they have only won 3 out of their last 20 games. Pretty bad if we can't beat three of the bottom 4 without him.

Yeah fair enough.

However Smith must have absolute faith in the players, he is seeing what they are doing in training and picking the team based on that.

If the players continue to underperform then changes will be made to the playing staff in the Summer transfer window.

Just now, Mister_a said:

I see people are writing us off again before a ball has been kicked.

1 win in about 20 games without Jack over last three seasons in two different divisions so I'm afraid until we prove otherwise and get say 3 wins and a draw in 5 games Jack dosen't play in the moans are well justified I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Fulham are above us in the form guide for the last six and eight games, have the same points as us over the last ten games, and one point less than us over the last twelve games. It's not as if we've been much better than them for a while now. We might win, but it won't be easy.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

1 win in about 20 games without Jack over last three seasons in two different divisions so I'm afraid until we prove otherwise and get say 3 wins and a draw in 5 games Jack dosen't play in the moans are well justified I'm afraid.

I think I’d rather wait and see before criticising that’s all.

For the first time I want smith gone. He has done nothing to try and halt our run. Same formation. Same tactics. Same result. What is he doing to earn his large salary? End of the season he has to go. Totally one dimensional.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

I like Smith as a genuine bloke but he's not a top level manager. 

The fact we got promoted was down to the fact 1. We had Abraham and 2. We have a player who would walk into any team in the world. 

Everytime we've been without the 2nd one, Grealish, Smith hasn't got a clue. He plays the same formation, same players, makes the same subs. There is no plan b without Jack and if I was the owner of any football club, that would be a massive red flag for me. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Seems like we might be coming to a crossroads as a club. Is a bottom half finish good enough after a) such a good start, b) the amount of money we’ve spent since promotion? We keep hearing about how ambitious the owners are. Will they be happy with this? Ultimately we are still a one man team. Would Smith have even got us promoted without Grealish? I think the answer is no. 

Â