Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Have we lost 6-1 at home and a 4-0 away or 3-0 to a relegation battling team

We lost to ten man Sheffield United you dont get worse than that

Absolutely humiliating result

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We lost to ten man Sheffield United you dont get worse than that

Absolutely humiliating result

Its probably not even in the top 10 worst Villa Premier League results of the last decade

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When you say depth issues what do you mean exactly? We have a big squad in fact a massive squad with ine injury.

Who chose to send guilbert on loan? For me elmo should have been the one to go. But even with that he could ahve given kesler a opportunity.

We have aeg traore and trez. Also JPB could be used if need be.

Up top wes has been injured for a while so cant use that as a excuse. He has barry and traore who can play up front. Furthermore he didnt think a striker was needed in jan to help ollie.

Look at cm options we have mcginn sanson barkely luiz nakamba Ramsey and thats excluding the injured grealish 

Have you seen JPG or Kesler play?

Imagine this forum if we started JPG, Kesler and Barry vs Fulham and get slaughtered. Its like learned nothing from throwing Clark and Baker into the first team without preparation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I will be very happy if we finish mid table; that will be progress.

Am I happy with recent performances; no, unacceptable; and the manager agrees, he has said so.

But he seems not to be able to do anything about it, considering it is now quite a lengthy poor run of performances. I get the feeling he is waiting for Grealish to return to make it all right.

To be fair, in his post match interview, he was actually a bit annoyed to the contrary.

He said something along the lines of:

" Everybody keeps talking about when Jack is back, we aren't supposed to be waiting for Jack to be back, this has been an opportunity for some to step up, and recently they haven't done so, it's almost as if the players themselves are waiting for Jack to be back "

So it indicates that the players are letting him down as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Look I have said we don't have massive options in the squad but I would like to see Dean try it, like I say what do we have to lose.

The game we play next. 

Look, I dont know the answer. 

I believe Davis on the pitch makes us weaker as a team. 

I get some people think he's got potential and some people want him on the pitch starting next game. 

Also some people dont care about him but would like to see something different and maybe that's him on the pitch...I think I'm starting to fall into that category.  Yes I know our other players have been poor.  It's just that when I see Davis in the starting XI I just see a weaker team, like when I see Taylor starting or Elmo starting.  Is it something different? Yes of course....could it work? Yes...but just like starting Taylor or Elmo, starting Davis just makes our starting XI weaker in quality. 

Look, it changes the formation somewhat, it's something different so it might work but it could also have the opposite effect. In that I mean that Traore could've done something against Fulham to win the game whereas Davis didnt....we'll never know either way though.  Just for me, starting with a weaker team on paper doesnt fill me with confidence but I do understand the desire from fans to change it up to see if it works.

I hope he keeps the same team with Sanson in the middle with mcGinn and Luiz and then Jack and Traore on the wings with Ollie upfront.  It's our current best first XI and I'm hoping Jack gives the lift back to the team and we beat Fulham.  We have the defence and with Jack back, fresh...he might spark the attack again like pre-covid

Who knows...I dont think Smith will change anything though

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When you say depth issues what do you mean exactly? We have a big squad in fact a massive squad with ine injury.

Who chose to send guilbert on loan? For me elmo should have been the one to go. But even with that he could ahve given kesler a opportunity.

Up top wes has been injured for a while so cant use that as a excuse. He has barry and traore who can play up front. Furthermore he didnt think a striker was needed in jan to help ollie.

Look at cm options we have mcginn sanson barkely luiz nakamba Ramsey and thats excluding the injured grealish 

You haven't really answered my question. Would those players get regular games for any team above us? 

You're talking about using U23 kids. Surely that shows how bad things are. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

14th in the table is close to relegation form .mate

13th actually and we are 5 points above relegation and 2 points from 10th place, yet we are on an incredibly poor run but still way above relegation and closer to top ten 10 than relegation

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

mate, you are definitely trolling this last day! I dont honestly believe you believe what you are writing and you arent normally writing naive posts like you have over the last day, so you have to be trolling.  I know you are angry as well, I get that.

47 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Don’t know what is amusing, he’s spot on.

Haha how? It's just hypothetical negative scenarios. 

Worried about attracting players. We finished 17th and look at the signings we made. Spurs were interested in Watkins but wouldn't pay the price, Sheff U wanted Cash and there's no way I believe Barkley and Martinez, didn't have interest from teams that finished higher than us. 

The prize money thing is fairly small in the long term picture and certainly won't have a major impact on us. 

And the worry about Jack is hardly spot on. He will stay if we finish top half and leave if we don't? We've been worried about Jack leaving for years. He's one of the best players in the league, the idea he's future will be determined by finishing 8th or 13th is highly unlikely. He's signed a massive contract, we're hardly going to sell him on the cheap because we finished 13th. 

There was nothing but doom and gloom for the sake of a moan. 

Finishing 8th or 13th will have no major impact on this club.

Edited by DCJonah

Just now, DCJonah said:

You haven't really answered my question. Would those players get regular games for any team above us? 

You're talking about using U23 kids. Surely that shows how bad things are. 

I dont really understand the question? Smith bought them in so he feels they are good enough 

Im not saying flood the team with kids but giving one or two a go is not the end of the world.

And really who has pit us in this situation?! Smith

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont really understand the question? Smith bought them in so he feels they are good enough 

Im not saying flood the team with kids but giving one or two a go is not the end of the world.

And really who has pit us in this situation?! Smith

Wait...what?

The question is simple, would these players we rely on, get multiple games or even get on the bench for the teams above us? 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

mate, you are definitely trolling this last day! I dont honestly believe you believe what you are writing and you arent normally writing naive posts like you have over the last day, so you have to be trolling.  I know you are angry as well, I get that.

Nick i really dont get how this is trolling. 

And yes i am annoyed not just yesterday but recent results.  I mean we showed more fight against a better spurs last season at VP than yesterday 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Wait...what?

The question is simple, would these players we rely on, get multiple games or even get on the bench for the teams above us? 

Are you seriously asking me if trez and aeg is good enough to get in the city Chelsea and united squads 😂

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have you seen JPG or Kesler play?

Imagine this forum if we started JPG, Kesler and Barry vs Fulham and get slaughtered. Its like learned nothing from throwing Clark and Baker into the first team without preparation

Did you see grealish play before he was given a opportunity? How about gabby before he scored on his debut?

I saw kelser play very well against mane so i think he deserves a chance 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Nick i really dont get how this is trolling. 

And yes i am annoyed not just yesterday but recent results.  I mean we showed more fight against a better spurs last season at VP than yesterday 

Ok, I apologise for saying you are trolling.  I understand you are angry because so am I.  I dont understand your suggestions especially around bringing the kids in. There are so many reasons why you dont bring the kids in now so I am confused by your suggestions but if that's your opinions on all those topics and it isnt trolling, then again I apologise, I just am coming from this in a different angle I guess and I will shut up against you on this topic for today.

• Like 1

Â