Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1 goal in 3 games without Grealish.

2 wins out of 13 games without him in the Championship

We're the most one man team in the world. Completely clueless without him

The bold part is true but the goals had dried up before he got injured. 

The second part is also true but just ridiculous to even bring up as it was a completely different team.  

The third part is typical attention seeking trolling.   The most ‘one man team in the world’ wouldn’t have got 4 points without him. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

What on earth did he say to them at half time or what switched in our players heads to come back out and play like that?

Obviously easier to give them a kick up the ass and get some fire in the belly than it is to say keep doing what you're doing without complacency setting in 

Some of the things we did 2nd half and the extent of the drop off is nothing to do with a team talk it's the quality of the players 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1 goal in 3 games without Grealish.

2 wins out of 13 games without him in the Championship

We're the most one man team in the world. Completely clueless without him

Who did we score that 1 goal against i forgot. Thought we hadn't score for ages

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There's more than one team in a game of football, Wolves always play poorly first half and then dominate in the second half. They aren't actually in bad form of late, before today's game only Leicester, Chelsea, and Man City had taken more points than them from the last six. Today's result isn't the worst, but it feels worse because of the Sheffield United game, if we'd have won that and drawn today It wouldn't have been so bad. Best thing to do is to take this result in isolation and hope we beat Newcastle, then four points from today and that game will be a good springboard going into the final ten games.

• Like 3

Wolves generally reserve themselves for the second half so I'm not surprised that they dominated it really.  Dean made the right calls with the XI and with a bit more luck would have paid dividends.  By full time we just looked a load of spare parts thrown together really.  Until the summer that's going to be hard to remedy but if Cash and Jack are both training then I suspect our level will improve over the next month or two.

Next season we have to target controlling more of the game in both halves. We're better I think when we have around 45-55% possession. The second half today was too bitty. We kept lumping it forwards.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

4 goals in 7 dean

Poor and not good enough. Need to fix this issue dean you have enough quality ...

If we are fair, not that I agree, as Wolves are far from the team they were last season, that was an expected result. Losing to Sheffield United when they had 10 men was very poor, even with the injuries, we should have won that one fairly confidently.  We just always seem to struggle to break teams down, an always losing when we concede first, is a very worrying stat.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Still he isnt above criticism 

Of course. No one is. But why do you and others feel the desperate need to give it? 

If Jack has a bad game, I don't feel the need to come and moan about him. If Ollie doesn't score, I don't feel the need to come and moan at him. It happens. 

Ever since he's got here, he's either over achieved or met the target for the season. While that's happening I don't get the desire to just let him have it when things aren't always perfect. 

• Like 4

Just now, DCJonah said:

Of course. No one is. But why do you and others feel the desperate need to give it? 

If Jack has a bad game, I don't feel the need to come and moan about him. If Ollie doesn't score, I don't feel the need to come and moan at him. It happens. 

Ever since he's got here, he's either over achieved or met the target for the season. While that's happening I don't get the desire to just let him have it when things aren't always perfect. 

4 goals in 7 is poor. Thats not "giving it" that's highlighing a worrying stat that needs to be improved

• Like 2

Â