Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Nah it wasn't a shitshow. Not compared to what we've seen the last 10 years.

First half we were below par, second half very poor. We still had all the ball despite doing FA with it.

I don't think I'd have said we played well but Smith is so middle of the road 99% of the time I'm not surprised he's said it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We won the game.

Didn't play well.

Have not seen us play well since the first half against Burnley.

We played reasonably well. Took the lead early and defended competently without any problems.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

and defended competently without any problems.

That's your definition of playing well?

Sounds like a Steve Bruce team to me.

I want us to dominate the ball and create chances.

Edited by villalad21

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's your definition of playing well?

Sounds like a Steve Bruce team to me.

I want us to dominate the ball and create chances.

The performance was decent enough and we executed a game plan and won. I'm sure you spent the majority of last season complaining Smith isn't capable of getting us to defend, now he has you're complaining were not expansive enough. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

The performance was decent enough and we executed a game plan and won. I'm sure you spent the majority of last season complaining Smith isn't capable of getting us to defend, now he has you're complaining were not expansive enough. 

Bruce would be hounded for a performance like that.

Nick an early goal and sit in. That as much of a Bruce performance as you get

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bruce would be hounded for a performance like that.

Nick an early goal and sit in. That as much of a Bruce performance as you get

Bruce would get roasted for a performance like that because that's his only play. We beat the champions 7-2, beat a team having only ten men 3-0 and you are complaining that we WON a game 1-0 missing our best player. Come off it. 

Should have been clear of wolves by the end of the first half, was a poor second half but I can't blame Smith, we have trez playing on the wing, Elmo at right back and no one really to bring of the bench and inject something new into the game. 

Edited by holteend1982
  • Like 1

That was a bizarre game, flip the two halves around and we're probably taking some encouragement from it but the drop off from first half to second was absolutely puzzling. Have to take advantage of our momentum when we have it though, we let it pass and gave them to opportunity to grow back into it.

Still and all though, that first half is the best we've played in ages. All going well fitness wise that looks like the most balanced midfield we can put out, and if you add Jack and Cash hopefully returning to it soon then we'll be in good shape to finish the season strongly after this rough patch. Speaks to how the league is this season that people are so down on us at the moment yet we're in 9th still. Nobody in this area of the table wants to put a run together, if we can get a good one going first then it could be huge.

Edited by Indigo

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Your posts are a sad sight. Go and troll and another team. 

1 goal in 3 games without Grealish.

2 wins out of 13 games without him in the Championship

We're the most one man team in the world. Completely clueless without him

What on earth did he say to them at half time or what switched in our players heads to come back out and play like that?

The difference from the first 45 to the second was ridiculous. I feel like it's 2 points dropped but at the same time with how the second half went relieved that we've held onto the 0-0. 

Frustrating night. 

Just now, Farlz said:

What on earth did he say to them at half time or what switched in our players heads to come back out and play like that?

The difference from the first 45 to the second was ridiculous. I feel like it's 2 points dropped but at the same time with how the second half went relieved that we've held onto the 0-0. 

Frustrating night. 

Classic Wolves.

Starting slow and eventually growing into the game.

Sanson picking up a knock certainly did not help us though. And bringing on Barkley was a terrible call.

Â