Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Are you high or have you just watched last week's game and this one?

We beat the champions of this league 7-2 to name one example off the top of my head. If that's not doing a job on the opposition tactically then I don't know what is.

There have also been a lot of other examples.

Don't forget a club record 10 game winning run in the championship. 

Must have all been luck. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

The first time I think Smith has ever done a job on the opposition tactically. We pressed high and didn't let Leeds play through us. I haven't seen a team limit Leeds as much as we did today.

I thought he did it with Liverpool earlier in the season.  It ended being a freak result but Smith saw Liverpool constantly playing a high line and i thought played slightly different to take advantage.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yet another ugly shithousery win straight out of Sean Dyche's book.

#MakeVillaprettyagain!

I've been more supportive of you lately, but these kind of posts make my job really difficult 🤦🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Deano against Bielsa is all I see today.

Master v Student.

One day Bielsa will come up with a plan B. Absolutely schooled.

You must be over the moon!

The great season continues.

On 23/02/2021 at 22:15, useless said:

I made an illuminating post in the Leeds thread that has surprisingly gone unhailed, pointing out that usually after a good win this season Leeds have gone on to suffer an heavy defeat in their next game, not saying we will do the same to them, but not sure why so many are convinced that they will beat us, it seems that on the one hand people complain about them being overrated, but then on the other insist that they're going to beat us as if they're one of the very best teams in the league, they're below us in the table having played two games more, their current form isn't any better than ours, they might beat us, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we beat them.

Life imitates art, well done to Dean Smith. For all the talk of our recent bad form, we're now sixth in the form table.

Edited by useless
Not saying my post is 'art', just that it came true.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did you not get the joke?

Was this prematch tomfoolery too?

How though? How are we gonna stop them in what they do?

We don't have the personnel.

I've never been as sure this season that we'll lose a game as i am before this one. Leeds and Bielsa just represents everything we struggle against.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Are you high or have you just watched last week's game and this one?

We beat the champions of this league 7-2 to name one example off the top of my head. If that's not doing a job on the opposition tactically then I don't know what is.

There have also been a lot of other examples.

OK fair enough you are correct. What I should have said was it's not often that Smith beats an opponent tactically and today was one of only a few occasions (that I can remember). :)

My mistake!

Bang on from Deano tonight. Correct changes and tactically superb. 

Leeds can have the ball all they like but they really didn't create anything clear cut or seriously have me worried. Brilliant result and a first without Grealish which I'm sure he'll be extra pleased with. 

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yet another ugly shithousery win straight out of Sean Dyche's book.

#MakeVillaprettyagain!

Nah - Burnley are talentless thugs with no guile. We were smart today and tidy where we needed to be.

• Like 1

Â