Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That it?

You wrote a page of praise on the Leeds thread a couple of weeks ago. You predicted Dean would be taught a lesson today. 

And this is it, after a great win. 

It’s a better reaction than a lot of Leeds fans will have :)

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hes one of the few managers who seems to learn from his defeats and actually enacts gameplans to rectify them. Bielsa's Leeds slapped us around 3 games in a row, and he made sure that didn't happen again. Same thing against Southampton who also seemed to have our number.

Yep.

Genuinely seems to be learning on the job and whilst he will stick with underperforming players/tactics for a while to give them/it a chance to rectify he has proven he can and will change it up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That it?

You wrote a page of praise on the Leeds thread a couple of weeks ago. You predicted Dean would be taught a lesson today. 

And this is it, after a great win. 

I'd rather people kept it consistent at least. Some of the disrespect Deano has gotten in the last couple of weeks is insane ("if I'm allowed to say that" 😉), if anything it'd be more embarrassing if we went from "tactically inept", "clueless muppet" etc to doing a 180 based on one victory. 

8th after 24 games with games in hand over most around us, I'm happy to be one of the happy ones myself.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

so he has now beaten Bielsa and won a game without Jack, after the other shit thrown at him what will be next he will have to tick off.

Win a Champions League or something

If these two years have shown anything, it is that there will be always be something for the usual crowd to moan about. 

I've no idea how you can be so negative about this bloke. 

2 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

The first time I think Smith has ever done a job on the opposition tactically. We pressed high and didn't let Leeds play through us. I haven't seen a team limit Leeds as much as we did today.

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think he made the exact changes I would have made today, with the only exception I would have made the Trez one 4-5 mins earlier. 

Normally I'd be screaming at how long he took to make them second half but genuinely we were far more comfortable than say at Southampton where we made just one in injury time IIRC.

I was intently watching it, looked at the clock when play was stopped and it was already up to 70th minute so it really flew by which never happens when we're 1 up and we were never under siege at any stage.

Sanson is pretty decent to come on in that type of situation when you're holding onto a lead, neat and tidy. I like him.

Barkley and Doug unused subs aswell so big message to them to really up their game next time they get on the pitch and that's how you continue to improve standards at the club.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yet another ugly shithousery win straight out of Sean Dyche's book.

#MakeVillaprettyagain!

Was your TV broke first 20 minutes, that was one of the best spells we've had all season. Electric start that completely threw Leeds with AEG at heart of everything.

Yes we couldn't get much going second half but neither could Leeds and you'll always have away games over a season where the objective is just to scrap out a 1-0 win.

Â