Dean Smith

Demitri_C

It was interesting Listening to Dean reacting to questions about Ross Barkley....in his pre match interview.

Dean said " He put in the hard yards against Leicester, in fact he put in more than any other player on either side"

That seems to be in contrast, to what most of the comments on here, seem to reflect? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was interesting Listening to Dean reacting to questions about Ross Barkley....in his pre match interview.

Dean said " He put in the hard yards against Leicester, in fact he put in more than any other player on either side"

That seems to be in contrast, to what most of the comments on here, seem to reflect? 

If thats true then it’s running for the sake of running because we all saw there wasn’t much a contribution.  It’s shame we haven’t got access to those kind of stats. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If thats true then it’s running for the sake of running because we all saw there wasn’t much a contribution.  It’s shame we haven’t got access to those kind of stats. 

I actually agree with you.....I am always sceptical of what I call "Idle Running"....and I am not always, impressed by it.

I do get the idea of covering ground, but it can sometimes lack substance too.

It seems he has convinced Dean.

If he plays, lets just hope he makes an impact.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

If thats true then maybe its a sad reflection on the rest of the players. 

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

Smoke and mirrors regarding he has a play if fit clause in the contract in my humble

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

I actually agree with you.....I am always sceptical of what I call "Idle Running"....and I am not always, impressed by it.

I do get the idea of covering ground, but it can sometimes lack substance too.

It seems he has convinced Dean.

If he plays, lets just hope he makes an impact.

I like how you wrote ‘actually’ :)

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Apparently the full quote is " If he had stayed on the pitch " as well. How is that quantified? XR, like expected running? ( Ala XG? ). In the same vein they should probably create a " running Vs effect " 🤷🏽‍♂️

14 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

so Dean is just doubling down on his own stubborness and refusal to drop Ross or rest any of the midfield?

or a cunning double bluff?

Barkley will play no doubt. 

And Leeds will suffocate us out of the game again. 

If you play luxury players against Leeds you got no chance 

• Haha 1

Yep workhorses like Salah, Aubameyang both got hat tricks vs Leeds, Bruno Fernandes got 2, Gylfi Sigurdsson scored as well and Grealish should have scored 2.

But yeah these luxury players do nothing vs Leeds

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

In what way? 

Starting strategy is obvious for me in that their intensity and formation is more or less on a plate for us to see, can see Deano taking it to them but I feel they will just bypass our midfield. So if Deano plays with a tighter midfield, players with the legs to cope, then I think we are so solid at the back that we stop them scoring but an open mid will put too much strain on them with Cash out. 

We are pretty much out of form offensively as the chances created/shots are down, so I think we need to go and contain/counter.

So I'm of the opinion that we need a different approach, I feel Deano will pick our usual line up less Jack and Cash and just try score more then they do which I fear wont work.

I guess I'm saying that Deano should make difficult decisions that go against his usual approach today. 

• Like 1

It's never been Smith's strategy to bawl out players in public. I genuinely don't understand why people are surprised that he is defending Barkley.

This idea that hes stubborn etc is weird. We saw last year with our summer 2019 signings, it takes time to bed in.

Does anyone genuinely believe that hes going to start ramsey, (1 start), Samson (no starts) and nakamba (1 good game), against Leeds.

Tge problem is the lack of a genuine quality DM. We dont have 1. 

I would rest Barkeley for Sanson, but having said that I'd play 442 today!!!

Â