Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Mantis said:

If we polled Smith's approval ratings on here, surely it'd be close to 100%? Which is pretty amazing for a manager who has been in the job for over two years, as usually by that point there is at the very least a significant minority against.

I think his ability to improve just about every player in the club, is amazing and so reassuring.....then blend them in to a fine well oiled machine, is heart warming.......that bit really reminds me of the Saunders & Taylor MK1 era's

I never thought he would do this....it just seems everyone is singing off the same Hymn sheet, the harmony is great for the fans.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there comes a time where even though you may not agree with a managers decisions, you have seen more than enough to trust he knows what he is doing.  I think we are definitely at that stage with Smith. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This game right here is when my man crush for Dean developed. Brentford destroyed us 3-0 and that was after we took Hogan off of them.  Brentford looked so good, well coached and organized. 

Didn't even know he was a Villa fan til we signed him. That sealed it right there. I was riding with Dean hell or high water. 

Side note, has Dean ever lost to Bruce?  I went back as far as 2016 and it's nothing but wins and draws. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2021 at 06:43, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just started thinking about our style of play.

It's not JUST Counter Attacking

It's not JUST Brentford esque  Tiki Taka

It's not JUST direct

It's almost a hybrid of all 3 plus.

We are truly ( Finally ) developing our own style, combining elements of all the best Villa teams I can remember with a modern twist!

I can't quite put my finger on what to call this style, but I have to say it's one of the most entertaining styles of football I've watched. Every game is a joy to watch.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think there comes a time where even though you may not agreed with a managers decisions, you have seen more than enough to trust he knows what he is doing.  I think we are definitely at that stage with Smith. 

I was unsure, to start with, I'll admit that........its the incremental progess that is the tell tale sign for me and the fact that every player looks more competent that when they came to us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can't quite put my finger on what to call this style, but I have to say it's one of the most entertaining styles of football I've watched. Every game is a joy to watch.

Winning style?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not just villa fans that have mentioned they enjoy watching us play. Quite a few pundits have said it too. A few of my mates that don’t support Villa have said the same thing. We’re gaining a lot of admirers. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can't quite put my finger on what to call this style, but I have to say it's one of the most entertaining styles of football I've watched. Every game is a joy to watch.

Impressive? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

This game right here is when my man crush for Dean developed. Brentford destroyed us 3-0 and that was after we took Hogan off of them.  Brentford looked so good, well coached and organized. 

Didn't even know he was a Villa fan til we signed him. That sealed it right there. I was riding with Dean hell or high water. 

Side note, has Dean ever lost to Bruce?  I went back as far as 2016 and it's nothing but wins and draws. 

Funny Bruce comments there, the wally. Also only giving Grealish 20 mins as he did a lot in his first season.

Deano was always going to be ten times the manager for us.

On 24/10/2018 at 21:46, Tomaszk said:

Loads to improve on going forward I think.

Personnel is there, but clearing the Bruce skidmarks from the system will take time.

Once we start moving the ball round more comfortably, Grealish will get more space instead of having 4 men on top of him waiting to foul him.

 

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mantis said:

If we polled Smith's approval ratings on here, surely it'd be close to 100%? Which is pretty amazing for a manager who has been in the job for over two years, as usually by that point there is at the very least a significant minority against.

What would the options be?  A binary, yes/no do you approve?   or a more graded version? Lets do it.  

I can think of at least one poster who is probably raging inside at how well Dean Smith is doing... so maybe 99.9% approval rather than 100%.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s not just villa fans that have mentioned they enjoy watching us play. Quite a few pundits have said it too. A few of my mates that don’t support Villa have said the same thing. We’re gaining a lot of admirers. 

Yep, it’s happening!

With my mates it’s nothing but banter and piss taking but even they’re starting to admit they enjoy watching us play now.

Pundits are all over us, Carragher seems to want to let everyone know how much he likes us at every given opportunity.

Such a stark contrast to the previous decade or so. Everything about us is so ‘feel-good’ at the minute, even in a 4-1 defeat to Liverpool all anyone spoke about was Louie Barry and that goal (which by the way, is our goal of the season for me, irrespective of what’s scored between now and the end of the season).

Long may it continue hopefully.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

This game right here is when my man crush for Dean developed. Brentford destroyed us 3-0 and that was after we took Hogan off of them.  Brentford looked so good, well coached and organized. 

Didn't even know he was a Villa fan til we signed him. That sealed it right there. I was riding with Dean hell or high water. 

Side note, has Dean ever lost to Bruce?  I went back as far as 2016 and it's nothing but wins and draws. 

I was there that night standing behind the goal. The Villa fans spent the whole game singing "Dean Smith is a Villa fan" until Jota scored his second and Brentfords third and then it turned to "What the f***ing hell was that" as Bruce had to walk across the pitch past them at full time. Brentford and Jota in particular were brilliant that night. It seemed a long journey home!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

I was there that night standing behind the goal. The Villa fans spent the whole game singing "Dean Smith is a Villa fan" until Jota scored his second and Brentfords third and then it turned to "What the f***ing hell was that" as Bruce had to walk across the pitch past them at full time. Brentford and Jota in particular were brilliant that night. It seemed a long journey home!!

It seems Jota made the 3rd goal Vibe scored it My bad!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Are you mad? Clearly he should be making more/less substitutions and doing so far earlier/later. He should also be bringing on the younger/older players instead of what he has been doing in order to give us more energy/guile.

Also tactically we're too offensive/defensive and this has resulted in too many high/low scoring games.

I can only conclude, from sitting on my sofa and randomly picking opinions out of my arse, that he's taken us as far as he can/lost the dressing room and he needs to walk/get the sack immediately.

It's funny because it's true. Also incredibly frustrating for the same reason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I can't quite put my finger on what to call this style, but I have to say it's one of the most entertaining styles of football I've watched. Every game is a joy to watch.

The Villa Engine?? 👀 🤔

I'll get my coat...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TalkSport meant to be talking about whether we can break top 4 today. Not sure if it’s already been covered.  Be interesting to hear whether Adrian Durham is trolling our villa.
 

FWIW I don’t think we are ready to break top 4, I think we’ll finish around 8th. But who knows what could happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2021 at 15:14, Zatman said:

It will be modelled and studied for generations by clubs all over the world, it will be called Villaball 

Well it's much better than BruceBall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, villa_shere said:

The two things which stick out to me are our finishing. Which costs us probably 5/6 points this season and would be interested to see what our passing accuracy/completion is like compared to top four teams. 
 

I don’t doubt we’ll improve on the items above. 
 

Fun times ahead! UTV!

To answer my own question. We are currently 14th in the league for passing accuracy. 
 

Improving on passing and shooting accuracy could shoot us into European spots without sacrificing the way we play. 
 

I imagine the items above are more due to personnel and will improve with the quality of players we bring into the club

4963CE20-E024-4FAC-8AB4-2E8402ACB39F.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, villa_shere said:

To answer my own question. We are currently 14th in the league for passing accuracy. 
 

Improving on passing and shooting accuracy could shoot us into European spots without sacrificing the way we play. 
 

I imagine the items above are more due to personnel and will improve with the quality of players we bring into the club

4963CE20-E024-4FAC-8AB4-2E8402ACB39F.png

How are Arsenal that high up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â