Dean Smith

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think that's the best any team has played against City without beating them. Leicester's win was obviously the best, but our performance is right up there. Our tactics were spot on, sat deep and forced them into less threatening positions, and then positioned ourselves expertly in the way of their shots and cut backs. Awesome end to end game, ruined by some poor refs.

Definite positives it's just so frustrating not to get any points from them or United.

Really need to get on a winning streak from now

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I bet Pep fell like the bellend he is.

He went the full Wenger after the game when he didn’t see their first goal. He must have the attention span of my 6 year old daughter. Actually that’s an insult to her!

So happy that Smith had a meltdown and got sent off for that.  He needs to keep talking about the farce in every single interview he does all season until the Premier League pay attention.  

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think that's the best any team has played against City without beating them. Leicester's win was obviously the best, but our performance is right up there. Our tactics were spot on, sat deep and forced them into less threatening positions, and then positioned ourselves expertly in the way of their shots and cut backs. Awesome end to end game, ruined by some poor refs.

Yep, that’s how I saw it.

Excellent tactical display by Dean Smith.

• Like 1

Love the guy.

He's building something special here, every player is improving week by week.

Just shows how farcical that decision was when you've got Dean Smith that furious.

• Like 1

A lot of neutrals think we played well in that game as we gave a good account of ourselves. Given it's a first game back, against a rampant City side, I think we did really well. 

Have to win our next two games at a minimum though.

• Like 1

If we played against them with the normal preparation and everyone fully fit they don't get 28 shots on our goal. We also have more shots against them as we clearly lacked sharpness especially with decision making. 

• Like 1

I love Dean Smith's humour, he was really on form today when he spoke to the ref, inferring that he was a clown by asking him if he'd "got juggling balls for Christmas", hahaha! 😂

And before the match he proudly mentioned that we'd gone 18 days unbeaten. : >

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but the thread below just shows how unlucky we have been with refereeing decisions this year:

It's definitely a sign of our progress under Deano that we're angry about about the officials decision as opposed to our own performances

Edited by Osirus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Michelsen said:

I actually admire his relative composure in the situation. I would very possibly have physically attacked the word removed.

My feelings exactly, even the day after I'm furious. 

That explanation from the Premier League was a joke as well, if you read the FA rules you can clearly see that it fulfills the Law 11 Offside rule re the offside offense portion.  It's not even a question, if you read the rules it's fairly black and white never mind that the rules keep changing, which sometimes makes it difficult but not in this case.

You dont mind getting beat fairly, and to me Man City look the best team in the league this season by some stretch but when you have worked so hard for 79 minutes and get that against you, I wouldve gone ballistic.  Dean did well to keep his relative calm compared to what I was doing.  Stupid thing now is that the ref wont be looked at, VAR wont be looked at, commentators dont care and move on because it hasnt affected a big team and Dean will be fined and get a couple/three game ban I assume. 

One of those cases where when the fine comes in, I would get a bank to give it all to me in pennies, travel to the Premier League Head Office in a van with media in tow and dump the van load of pennies on the doorstep and ask for a receipt while laughing at them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ender4 said:

So happy that Smith had a meltdown and got sent off for that.  He needs to keep talking about the farce in every single interview he does all season until the Premier League pay attention.  

It’s what Fergie did best. Might want to mention these tough decisions before any future game referee’d by Jon Moss. Basically Phil Dowd him.

Â