Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely agree. I just don't think that alone qualifies for a great performance, or a good performance for that matter. We have so much attacking talent out there and we didn't even try to make use of it. 

Or maybe City just is that much better than us. Not entirely impossible. 

Can't agree - we had some good chances and we did attack in the game. 

I think, if anything, it's testament to how far we've come that you're being a bit critical of us losing away to one of the best sides in the league. 

Just now, lexicon said:

I think, if anything, it's testament to how far we've come that you're being a bit critical of us losing away to one of the best sides in the league. 

They werent spectactular saves from him but we worked Ederson as much as they worked Martinez

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd rather lose 4-0 and look like someone who is out there to play football, than lose 2-0 and look like something managed by BSA. 

But each to their own. It's okay to see things differently. 

One of the things I really like about Deano is that he always sets us up to go for it. He's even spoken about that several times. Today he didn't even try.  Not for me. 

You must enjoy Leeds then. I mean I do too but they are predictable.  Deano has had a team for 3 days that are not going to be firing on all cylinders playing the best team in the league.  You have to go with different tactics in those circumstances.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We had more shots against Man City tonight than any other side has managed against them this season.

I don’t know what game you watched. 

No, that's incorrect. Took me one google search for their fixture list and literally the first match on the screen, which was against Leeds, Leeds had more shots. 

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It happens almost every single game. And the flag always always goes up and no one bats an eye.

It will go up against Watkins if we do this.

just to prove a point, then go back to beating teams fairly like we’ve done all season.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely agree. I just don't think that alone qualifies for a great performance, or a good performance for that matter. We have so much attacking talent out there and we didn't even try to make use of it. 

Or maybe City just is that much better than us. Not entirely impossible. 

City are that much better than pretty much everyone.  Do you watch other games?

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm not critical to us losing. I am just saying it was a poor performance in my eyes. We weren't there to win basically. And that's just a requirement for me. 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No, that's incorrect. Took me one google search for their fixture list and literally the first match on the screen, which was against Leeds, Leeds had more shots. 

Ahhh. OK, second most. 

But yeah, we didn’t attack - right?

(edit: and to clarify, Leeds had one more shot)

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Ahhh. OK, second most. 

But yeah, we didn’t attack - right?

(edit: and to clarify, Leeds had one more shot)

I just pointed out you posted something incorrect. Not really interested in your sarcasm. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not critical to us losing. I am just saying it was a poor performance in my eyes. We weren't there to win basically. And that's just a requirement for me. 

Again, I'll have to disagree - I thought we did well and had it not been for very creative interpretations of the rules we'd have come away with a point there. 

I think that's the best any team has played against City without beating them. Leicester's win was obviously the best, but our performance is right up there. Our tactics were spot on, sat deep and forced them into less threatening positions, and then positioned ourselves expertly in the way of their shots and cut backs. Awesome end to end game, ruined by some poor refs.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They werent spectactular saves from him but we worked Ederson as much as they worked Martinez

Thats down to how well we defended and the poor quality of Citys final ball. We had moments but they had a heck of lot more. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just pointed out you posted something incorrect. Not really interested in your sarcasm. 

And I pointed out you posted something incorrect - nothing sarcastic about it. 

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And I pointed out you posted something incorrect - nothing sarcastic about it. 

And what was that may I ask? I'll be looking in on this tomorrow. Guess you've had made some more stuff up by then, as I clearly didn't say anything incorrect? Seems to be your thing tbf. Fabricating stats and what not. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â