Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

We've every right to walk away from that with the moral high-ground there - it was a very good performance from us and if it weren't for some extremely controversial decisions, we'd have at least got a draw. 

Completely disagree there. We have played some fantastic football this season, but today we were poor methinks. We worked hard. Had a few great counters, but on another day City would be 5-6 up.

I am not sure whether we didn’t try to play football or City just outclassed us today.

We did little on the ball. Lots of hoofing. Key players contributed little. Grealish not on it. Barkley poor. McGinn misplacing passes all over the place.

Heroic defending and blocking at times, but that's about it.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aston Villa manager Dean Smith to BT Sport: "In terms of effort, it was heroic. We only had three days' training and played a very good team. They had lots of chances but they've missed them and they've been given two goals at the end.

"Are we just going to leave players behind the line then? It's farcical. He was 10 yards offside and come back and tackled our player, it's a pathetic law and a pathetic decision.

"I said to the fourth official David Coote 'did you get juggling balls for Christmas?' I don't think any other manager would get sent off for that.

"Matty Cash is a yard away for the handball, he can't jump without his arms up. He didn't even look at it, it flabbergasts me. It was a poor performance from the officials and that's cost us."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/55324724?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=60088e6554a69202e80dd2ce%26'Did you get juggling balls for Christmas%3F'%262021-01-20T20%3A12%3A02.648Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:1dd41f3a-eed5-4c27-9f23-5153c92cc4c6&pinned_post_asset_id=60088e6554a69202e80dd2ce&pinned_post_type=share

I love how Deano tells it just like us - a real fan not hiding his thoughts and feelings. Well done Deano. I'm sure you called him by his real name Teewat. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 17:56, Follyfoot said:

He constantly brings a smile to my face

Absolutely. Love the man. Loved how he made sure he got the red. That was the worst call I have seen in some time. 

https://twitter.com/villareport/status/1351988938236428290?s=19

They didn't even look. Now I'm pissed all over again. 

SmartSelect_20210120-153434_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Rightdm00

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely disagree there. We have played some fantastic football this season, but today we were poor methinks. We worked hard. Had a few great counters, but on another day City would be 5-6 up.

I am not sure whether we didn’t try to play football or City just outclassed us today.

We did little on the ball. Lots of hoofing. Key players contributed little. Grealish not on it. Barkley poor. McGinn misplacing passes all over the place.

Heroic defending and blocking at times, but that's about it.

Completely disagree

We weren't our usual attacking selves but we certainly weren't poor

What we did was set ourselves up to defend, we played incredibly deep, we let city have the ball in positions where they couldn't hurt us and then defended excellently in areas that they could

Its a tactic, its one that we don't use often and one that we've played badly before, tonight we chose to play a certain way and we played it well, the shame is that going forward we looked like a team who hadn't played for 3 weeks due to corona 

We didn't go toe to toe with city because we knew we couldn't 

• Like 2

The interesting thing in his interview isn't the clown comment its the accusation that he's being treated differently to other managers

Expect the FA to want an explanation 

And I hope villa give them a very well thought out comprehensive one detailing how shit they all are 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Completely disagree

We weren't our usual attacking selves but we certainly weren't poor

What we did was set ourselves up to defend, we played incredibly deep, we let city have the ball in positions where they couldn't hurt us and then defended excellently in areas that they could

Its a tactic, its one that we don't use often and one that we've played badly before, tonight we chose to play a certain way and we played it well, the shame is that going forward we looked like a team who hadn't played for 3 weeks due to corona 

We didn't go toe to toe with city because we knew we couldn't 

Half of them are literally recovering from coronavirus ffs. 

• Like 1

A precedent has been set then. Plan for Watkins when we come up a defence who likes to bring the ball down - tell him to lurk behind the line and wait for the defender to take a ‘deliberate touch’ then tackle him from behind or they’ll have to clear it.

Â