Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just a note that #1 and #2 in PL goal of the month were Ings and Ward-Prowse v us.

Hopefully we don't concede two wonder strikes in the same game again this season.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Just a note that #1 and #2 in PL goal of the month were Ings and Ward-Prowse v us.

Hopefully we don't concede two wonder strikes in the same game again this season.

Bamford scored two of the best strikes he’ll ever do too.  Add Solly March hitting a freakishly good one too and we’ve been unlucky to concede so many unstoppable strikes.  Emi has hardly made a save lately through no fault of his own.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Actually thought the first JWP FK was slightly better as it was further out and more top corner. Better visually but I guess they selected the second on how tougher it is to score from closer range.

Didn't think there was much between Ings and Bamford goal when he drilled it top corner from just outside the box either.

We have been unlucky in recent weeks with some of the strikes.

I imagine TRO was tutting just watching Spurs let Arsenal endlessly shoot from 25 yards yesterday (😉) but of course with the state they're in Partey and Lacazette were hopelessly slicing them miles wide which is where vast majority of shots outside the box end up.

Edited by VillaChris

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually thought the first JWP FK was slightly better as it was further out and more top corner. Better visually but I guess they selected the second on how tougher it is to score from closer range.

Didn't think there was much between Ings and Bamford goal when he drilled it top corner from just outside the box either.

I imagine TRO was tutting just watching Spurs let Arsenal endlessly shoot from 25 yards yesterday (😉) but of course with the state they're in Partey and Lacazette were hopelessly slicing them miles wide which is where vast majority of shots outside the box end up.

Top 30 Analyze This GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Haha 1

Fun fact, Southampton had 9 shots in total v us. Spurs let Arsenal have 11 shots yesterday. One team barely looked like scoring while the other hit 3 goal of the months in half an hour. You get those freak games sometimes.

Of course the previous week Leeds had 27 shots in total v us and that's not o.k so that's more a game to look at as big improvement needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Fun fact, Southampton had 9 shots in total v us. Spurs let Arsenal have 11 shots yesterday. One team barely looked like scoring while the other hit 3 goal of the months in half an hour. You get those freak games sometimes.

Of course the previous week Leeds had 27 shots in total v us and that's not o.k so that's more a game to look at as big improvement needed.

Leeds game seems to be the anomaly right now. In all the other games we've conceded much less chances and created much more ourselves.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2020 at 20:35, mikeyp102 said:

I think we’re going to batter someone again soon. 

Codentry in the cup....plaice your bets.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I was too busy watching and admiring  the clinical organisation of Spurs defensive lines, to bother about where Arsenal's shots ended up.....That's their fault, if they can't get shots on target, its part of the game, part of playing well or not playing well.

Arsenal for me, are a very interesting case study.....I still think they are in a false position in the league and will sort things out, to a degree.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This is it! Those shots will not go in every week!

Solly March was also in it for his goal v us.

Less screamers going in against us and a slight improvement in our capacity to miss sitters will see a big swing in points return!

another lucky goal for them eh!

they are all lucky if you let them be.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I was too busy watching and admiring  the clinical organisation of Spurs defensive lines, to bother about where Arsenal's shots ended up.....That's their fault, if they can't get shots on target, its part of the game, part of playing well or not playing well.

Arsenal for me, are a very interesting case study.....I still think they are in a false position in the league and will sort things out, to a degree.

To-nights game will be interesting.....Brighton v Southampton......both teams having beaten us at Home recently.

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

if you let them be.

Exactly.

If talking about the Southampton game, the reason Southampton got those freekicks in dangerous areas in the first place is because we allowed them to dominate the first 25 minutes of the game.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

another lucky goal for them eh!

they are all lucky if you let them be.

The unlucky part isn't the goal itself, it was well struck. Those types of goals are statistically much rarer (which is why you'd rather have teams shoot from outside the box), and we've been unlucky that we've conceded so many, in a row I might add. 

Conceding a worldie once every few games isn't unlucky. But 6 in a row in 3 consecutive games definitely is. The chances of it happening are very low, and yet it did.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The unlucky part isn't the goal itself, it was well struck. Those types of goals are statistically much rarer (which is why you'd rather have teams shoot from outside the box), and we've been unlucky that we've conceded so many, in a row I might add. 

Conceding a worldie once every few games isn't unlucky. But 6 in a row in 3 consecutive games definitely is. The chances of it happening are very low, and yet it did.

are you watching the Brighton v Southampton game?

They are closing each other down, quite a nullifying physical endeavour....Southampton relying on the Laursen look alike Vestergard to power in a header.

There is no danger of the Worldies folk talked about why?......because both side ares not allowing each other to do it.

Ward-Prowse is being carefully chaperoned, which is taking that sting away.....Walcott is isolated and starved of the ball.

Interesting game from 2 teams who beat us.....I really don't see any danger from either of them, when you see it like this.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This is it! Those shots will not go in every week!

Solly March was also in it for his goal v us.

Less screamers going in against us and a slight improvement in our capacity to miss sitters will see a big swing in points return!

er, they will if we carry on defending like we are.

Â