Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, Tayls said:

We can’t keep being ‘robbed’ or ‘unlucky’... that doesn’t get us points and keep us in the league. We actually need to win some matches, and not make mistakes which leads to goals. 

Have we not done that? We are 10th with a 9 pt gap over 17th. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Dean has to be accountable both when we win and play well and when we play well and ship comedy goals which is the pattern recently. Unless he sorts out our sloppy defending we will slide back down the table.

Can you really blame Dean for the result tonight? I give you the defending part but we did enough to draw or more likely win.  We have issues that need to be fixed in the defensive side of our game I agree but despite that it’s hard to argue that it’s Deans fault we lost that game.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

4 losses out of 5 is relegation scrap form. I don’t think it’ll come to that as we have more about us than that.

I think after watching west brom vs Sheffield utd and then our last 2 games if anyone thinks that we're playing at a similar level to them then they're deluded 

Newcastle, baggies and Palace in december, bite your nails after we lose all 3 not before 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Was you saying there was no progress when we was winning at the start. Teams do have bad nights you know.

I have to say that we have to accept that we as a team who were nearly relegated last season to be where we are at the moment I'll take to think where I expected us to be, which is on less points.

Weve had a massive player been ripped out from us which is Barkley who we ckearly needed tonight which tells you of another story in black of squad depth. I for one knew it looked at subd and seen Ghazi played that Smith is back to having to rely on him which we had forgotten after lockdown last season and did better without. Squad depth is going to stretch us because we dont have anyone to come on and make a difference. Which brings me to wonder what the hell we are doing not at least giving Ramsey the Nod for Conor when Conor was subbed off.

I bet Ramsey is clearly saying after tonight: 

gordon ramsay chef GIF

At not being bought on..

We are talking about the here and now though.

We have the players in defence - they just aren't organised 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I think its fairly obvious there was progress at the start of the season from last season and I think its been very obvious in recent weeks there has been regression. What I'm seeing at the moment is regression not progress.

When was the last time we dominated premier league teams like we've done the last two? 

We've made two soft errors, which were punished. But there are so many other things we do much much better than last year. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Eh ? - I though we drew 1-1 last season to stay up ? 

My bad, I was thinking we lost the 0-0 we were dreadful in and it was away. 

I still think we played far better than in either game against West hame last year. 

Question for you - would you feel we'd got worse if we'd scored 2 of the 5 sitters we missed? 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I think its fairly obvious there was progress at the start of the season from last season and I think its been very obvious in recent weeks there has been regression. What I'm seeing at the moment is regression not progress.

I understand the frustration after losing this game, but surely you're joking?  We were bad against Brighton (and still should've got something) but have been by far the better side (IMO) against all of Southampton, Arsenal and tonight against West Ham.  We're controlling games - when did we last do this?!

We're absolutely moving forward - I really don't get how we're going backwards at all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think after watching west brom vs Sheffield utd and then our last 2 games if anyone thinks that we're playing at a similar level to them then they're deluded 

Newcastle, baggies and Palace in december, bite your nails after we lose all 3 not before 

Yeah complete agree. Beat Newcastle on Friday and we’re better off than drawing both games.

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Dominated possession and did what exactly?

Let's be clear, nobody is calling for Dean's head but we are entitled to point out issues we see game after game.

As I said in the match thread we concede in the first minute and he still waits until 70 minutes to make a change.

Did El ghazi even touch the ball? 

Traore cut back inside and squared it a few times

Out bench is horrific, not sure what he can do with it bar blood traore in quicker which the injury and international break didn't help

Just now, DCJonah said:

Have we not done that? We are 10th with a 9 pt gap over 17th. 

Yea, at the start of the season. Now almost 10 games in and we have lost almost half of those in succession. Everyone says the first few matches aren’t necessarily a reflection of how we will perform throughout the entire season... we’re doing a good job of looking awful. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yes, it is. The mandate this season is to not be in a relegation battle and show signs of progression, IMO. It's not fair to move the goalposts.

Fair enough. Im not calling for his head or anything. - But we have some very, very,  good players now - not just the odd one here and there. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Yea, at the start of the season. Now almost 10 games in and we have lost almost half of those in succession. Everyone says the first few matches aren’t necessarily a reflection of how we will perform throughout the entire season... we’re doing a good job of looking awful. 

How were we awful?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

We look awful?

You must be watching a different game. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Did what? Created enough to win the game. Win it quite easily. 

Scored a deflected goal and......................

Dean can and will improve, I say yet again nobody is seriously asking for his head but I doubt he will another season if we finish in the bottom six again.

Just now, mykeyb said:

Scored a deflected goal and......................

Dean can and will improve, I say yet again nobody is seriously asking for his head but I doubt he will another season if we finish in the bottom six again.

We missed a pen and trez missed an absolute sitter and then had VAR screw us. 

• Like 1

Â