Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I don't know if it's been pointed out yet, or if this is even the right place to say this, but so far this season we've spent 0 minutes in a losing position in the league. That's pretty incredible, considering we had the worst defense in the league for most of last season.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I don't know if it's been pointed out yet, or if this is even the right place to say this, but so far this season we've spent 0 minutes in a losing position in the league. That's pretty incredible, considering we had the worst defense in the league for most of last season.

Wonder what the record is for that... I'd be ecstatic if we can say the same after the Leeds game, whether it results in a win or a draw.

Extremely impressive.

1 hour ago, Danishlad said:

Cascarino

That did make me laugh but that was such a **** hammer blow at the time. Had Herbert Douglas not been such a tight word removed and paid top dollar for a striker to help Olney and maybe another one or two to help out with tired legs then we'd have won the title. He still managed to squander that squad with under investment anyway afterwards the dickhead but still we'd have had another title in the bag!

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

McGinn and Barkley swapped roles at half time in part because Barkley was struggling with a knock all game.

It was happening all game, I know they changed tactics but even when swapping roles they would stick to that role. honestly I think we would have rolled them if we did.

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

If we beat Leeds on Friday he's surely nailed on for October Manager of the Month? 

just seen, how the **** did he not get september manager of the month?!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

just seen, how the **** did he not get september manager of the month?!

Lost in the cup.

Ancelotti won all of his games including the cup.

He should have a great chance winning the October award though.

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Lost in the cup.

Ancelotti won all of his games including the cup.

Only PL games are under consideration. I think Ancelotti got it because he won 4 out of 4 including Spurs compared to Dean's 2 out of 2.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
Was actually 4 not 3

54 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Only the Sheff Utd and Fulham wins would have contributed.

thought liverpool game was in sept for some reason...fair doos. he'll get it for oct surely.

18 hours ago, romavillan said:

That did make me laugh but that was such a **** hammer blow at the time. Had Herbert Douglas not been such a tight word removed and paid top dollar for a striker to help Olney and maybe another one or two to help out with tired legs then we'd have won the title. He still managed to squander that squad with under investment anyway afterwards the dickhead but still we'd have had another title in the bag!

Blimey there's a name from the past remember him well when I first started going down the Villa!

Love that kit too, one of my favourites!

Olney2.jpg.7c0732194edf532a34a6bdc675bc6369.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Blimey there's a name from the past remember him well when I first started going down the Villa!

Love that kit too, one of my favourites!

Olney2.jpg.7c0732194edf532a34a6bdc675bc6369.jpg

Ooo Ian Olney Ooo Ian Olney Ooo Ian Olney Ooo Ian Olney 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, astondalston said:

Good view on the mans approach to organisational culture.

Great talk but shocking audio..... bear with it!

God I love him. And the learning and growing is why we should stick with him. He’s a better coach now than he was a year ago and he’ll be better again in a year.

6 hours ago, astondalston said:

Good view on the mans approach to organisational culture.

Great talk but shocking audio..... bear with it!

Outstanding. I could listen to him for hours. When he talked about calling a player into his office who was dropped I thought of Conor 

Edited by Kiwivillan

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Outstanding. I could listen to him for hours. When he talked about calling a player into his office who was dropped I thought about Conor 

Same - and made me think great, Conor will be fine when we next need him. 

Â