Dean Smith

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be fair that's why we've not won anything for a while. However this shows that he sees Villa have huge potential to be challenging for the league title.

Because we are celebrating ztaying up? Whats that got to do with anything . Keane is being a knob as always 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Because we are celebrating ztaying up? Whats that got to do with anything . Keane is being a knob as always 

It's a mentality thing. Shrug shoulders go for a meal and move on to next season.

We're Aston Villa. A big club apparently.

3 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

If Dean gets sacked after this then it would be a disgrace.

Took over the club when we were 15th in the Championship. Promotion in his first season, Cup Final and Premier League survival in his second. The dressing room is united and the players all love him.

We‘d be an absolute laughing stock if we sacked him. No manager worth his salt would want to work under that kind of a regime either. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be fair that's why we've not won anything for a while. However this shows that he sees Villa have huge potential to be challenging for the league title.

You think us celebrating staying up on the last day after being odds on (massively) for the drop is the reason why we don't win things? Have you actually seen the **** state of who has been in charge (including Doug) since we last won stuff? Carp on about mentality all you like mate but suggesting that celebrating staying up after coming up through the playoffs, having to replace 17 (SEVENTEEN) players going out of the club and try and stay in the division, is bollocks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well he’s sorted the biggest issue which is the defence.  Add some decent firepower and who knows.

We definitely need a proper goalscorer. Then two wide forwards, two fullbacks too. Keep AEG and Trez as competition for places, and Guilbert and Targett too. Poss DM cover for Luiz and a keeper :D

So that's 7, so at prem prices, a snip at £280m.

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well he’s sorted the biggest issue which is the defence.  Add some decent firepower and who knows.

Not sure about that mate. We havent kept a clean sheet away all season with a -26 GD. I think defence requires more work. Although it could be just training or formation rather than new players. But I think we need an extra quality RB and LB 

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have to remember all Roy Keane coaching credentials like coming over to Tom Cleverley to confront him when both at Villa or spending a bucketload at Sunderland and barely keeping them up. 

Him and Souness utter shit at the top level management and yet both employed to act like moany **** on Sky Sports 

• Like 2

I think no one would have complained if Dean was sacked in January, he was part of the problem. I did lose faith prior to lock down and thought we couldn’t improve under him. 

But I fully back him now as our manager: he dug deep during lock down and emerged with a different approach. He learned he couldn’t attack every match and that was the only way he knew by his own admission. He instilled a discipline and determination in the team that was missing, He organised us as a solid unit and from then on he was no longer part of the problem, he showed he learns and adapts. We lack quality at the sharp end of the team and this is much of what is wrong with this squad. I think Dean deserves next season and will be better for this season’s experience. I hope they buy him some quality to work with, and I hope he continues to learn and adapt.

• Like 3

Â