Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, jim said:

Sorry I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to criticise Smith unless I had a better option lined up. How silly of me.

I criticise what I see and Smith has churned our more dross than good this season that is a fact. We have been awful defensively and failed to close out games.

Sorry I’m not blinded by the fact he’s one of our own. I call it how I see it and he has been shite this season. 

Is nothing to do with this for me. Like I said, I didn't want him here in the first place, but he has 100% earnt my respect and loyalty with the job he has done from day 1.

With the games coming thick and fast you would have thought fresh legs and impetus to try and change the game proactively  we might as well use the 5 subs? Today it was crying out for Trez to come off and maybe push Elmo forward Around 55 mins in. Davis for Samatta. McGinn is getting better but not quick enough sadly & we are carrying him somewhat. Surely Lansbury is worth 10/15mins?... Indiana... Jota... Players who may make a difference replacing tired legs. 

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Some of the posts on here you would think Everton bashed us 5-0 and not stole a late equaliser. I dont even think Reina made a save today.

Just for clarity Everton team today probably cost close to 300 million pounds not some plucky 3rd division team that people are making it out to be

What happens if Bournemouth go there on last day and win and stay up over us by a point?

With his awful display and the fact he did more harm than good he should have bought Trez off at HT. Even a turd wouldn't have stuck to him today he was that poor.

Edited by Sulberto21

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well if your going to criticise everyday you should really have an alternative in mind as to who you want as manager. Its a bit of a cop put to say its not your job to pick the manager 

Why, so he cannot criticise unless he can offer an alternative........that's rubbish man

• Like 2

Just now, mykeyb said:

Why, so he cannot criticise unless he can offer an alternative........that's rubbish man

If you criticise everyday then its a cop on. You can criticise after a game or something thats fine and reasonable, but if seem to have a daily agenda then you should have an alternative in mind

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Is nothing to do with this for me. Like I said, I didn't want him here in the first place, but he has 100% earnt my respect and loyalty with the job he has done from day 1.

no one i believe  on this forum is questioning his loyalty , its simply his inability to coach or manage the team!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Some of the posts on here you would think Everton bashed us 5-0 and not stole a late equaliser. I dont even think Reina made a save today.

Just for clarity Everton team today probably cost close to 300 million pounds not some plucky 3rd division team that people are making it out to be

See this is the crux of the problem. I couldn't care less if we just drew with Barca or Real Madrid who cost over £500million. If on the day we outplay them but then concede in our traditional final 15 minutes then the manager has to be questioned. Fans are bound to get upset and question what happened.

There was a clear shift in the game in the last 12 minutes or so but we'll call it 15. Hourihane who was very good btw lost energy. Players started running off the back of him Elmo also got tired. 

Obviously we don't know if we could have held out but Hourihane wouldn't have been on the pitch like a passenger for the last 15 minutes. Again this isn't a sleight on hourihane because he dominated the game with Luiz and McGinn who was also brilliant. But people get tired. And this run of games is bound to cause some fatigue. 

I said in an earlier post that Smith nearly got it right today but that last change fresh legs to match Everton could have done the job. It doesn't matter how much a team costs if for the 90 minutes you outplay them for large parts of the game. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I think its the culmination of the season that is now fair to say over! The position we are in is down to him full stop! 

Or down to the poor recruitment

Or down to lengthly injuries to key players within a bare-bones squad,

Or none of that matters and it's completely all Dean Smith's fault. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Or none of that matters and it's completely all Dean Smith's fault. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Maybe he is part of the failings of the season along with the overall recruitment. 

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well if your going to criticise everyday you should really have an alternative in mind as to who you want as manager. Its a bit of a cop put to say its not your job to pick the manager 

No it isn’t, don’t talk rubbish. Like I said I’ll criticise what I see and in the main he has been very poor this season.

When we’ve played well I’ve praised him. Shame it’s been few and far between, and that is the problem 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe he is part of the failings of the season along with the overall recruitment. 

Potentially. Though, do you think Smith wanted to go into the season with just Wesley, Kodjia and Davis as strikers?

Do you think he wanted to go into the season with just El-Ghazi and Trez as wingers?

I think the answers to both of those questions is no. But I could be wrong.

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

With his awful display and the fact he did more harm than good he should have bought Trez off at HT. Even a turd wouldn't have stuck to him today he was that poor.

For all his turdiness I would wager he would have scored the AEG chance.

back on subject, I would have had McGinn off for Nakamba, and prob would have gone guilbert not AEG.  The moment the commentator brought up how many we conceded in last 15m and we only had 8 to hold out you could tell it was coming. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

we could debate all night  but he was responsible in part for some recruitment, every one seems to forget him in the stands watching the class act TREZCANTPLAY and the midfield genius who couldnt not trap a bag of sand marvelous Makamba

His the coach he picks the team and plays the team and strategy he wants . Yes i do blame him totally! Not for tonight or last week but for the season..   

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

we could debate all night  but he was responsible in part for some recruitment, every one seems to forget him in the stands watching the class act TREZCANTPLAY and the midfield genius who couldnt not trap a bag of sand marvelous Makamba

His the coach he picks the team and plays the team and strategy he wants . Yes i do blame him totally! Not for tonight or last week but for the season..   

Fair enough. My stance is that we didn't do anywhere near enough in the summer window and ballsed things up again in the January window. I respect your opinion however.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That defence on paper isn't poor though.

It's harsh but the manager is accountable for results on the field- the tiniest of margins at this level count.

He won't get the push because of tonight - it's the results over the season that imo will mean he goes at the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, jim said:

No it isn’t, don’t talk rubbish. Like I said I’ll criticise what I see and in the main he has been very poor this season.

When we’ve played well I’ve praised him. Shame it’s been few and far between, and that is the problem 

Were you here after palace when this thread went onto page 2?

Â