Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I just feel sorry for him at this point to be honest. How many times can individual errors cost us?

Individual errors comes from players turning passive. Inviting pressure.

Dean stand on the sideline and does nothing to address it.

People claiming he is learning. F*** no he isn't learning.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I just feel sorry for him at this point to be honest. How many times can individual errors cost us?

He’s the head coach it’s on him. No sympathy whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

We didn't stop playing, which is what I was referring to.

We didn’t stop playing, just invited pressure on us as we always do and paid the price. 

• Like 2

Just now, jim said:

He’s the head coach it’s on him. No sympathy whatsoever. 

I fail to see what he can do about El Ghazi finding the only place on his body to touch that ball which does not result in a two nil lead and 3 points.

• Like 2

Yes El Ghazi missed a sitter but then in fairness so did DCL. 

17 goals conceded in the last 15 minutes is absolutely criminal and their goal just felt like an inevitability. 

Edited by penguin

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I fail to see what he can do about El Ghazi finding the only place on his body to touch that ball which does not result in a two nil lead and 3 points.

This is such papering over the cracks it's unbelievable.

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

What about the game management after that miss. We are still 1-0 up and we sat back and allowed the pressure which resulted in a goal.

Failure to close out games is on the manager. Especially as it’s happened so often this season, he still hasn’t learnt. Time to go.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Individual errors comes from players turning passive. Inviting pressure.

Dean stand on the sideline and does nothing to address it.

People claiming he is learning. F*** no he isn't learning.

I’m not really sure what he can do which is why I feel sorry for him. He can bring on Nakamba, Jota or whoever and they all have regular mistakes in them.

I just genuinely don’t see how many stupid mistakes players can make before some people realise that this squad just doesn’t have the capability to stay in this league.

If it’s not Hourihane making mistakes in the middle, it’s Nakamba or Douglas Luiz earlier in the season. If it’s not Targett making mistakes at the back it’s Mings or Hause or Engels.

If it’s not El Ghazi missing sitters it’s Wesley, Samatta, Trezeguet or Davis.

The players have regular individual mistakes in every position on the pitch. How can you win games of football when that’s the case every single game? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I was responding to the claim that we 'stopped playing' which is false and another stick to beat Smith with.

The evidence suggests that we do give up late in games or after we take the lead, there's empirical evidence to back that up. there doesn't need to be any more sticks to beat him with there's already a mountain of them.

People seem to be criticising him or defending him based on emotions or their personal feelings towards him, i think he's done a poor job based on the evidence, nothing more.

• Haha 1

I’m not really sure what he can do which is why I feel sorry for him. He can bring on Nakamba, Jota or whoever and they all have regular mistakes in them.

I just genuinely don’t see how many stupid mistakes players can make before some people realise that this squad just doesn’t have the capability to stay in this league.

If it’s not Hourihane making mistakes in the middle, it’s Nakamba or Douglas Luiz earlier in the season. If it’s not Targett making mistakes at the back it’s Mings or Hause or Engels.

If it’s not El Ghazi missing sitters it’s Wesley, Samatta, Trezeguet or Davis.

The players have regular individual mistakes in every position on the pitch. How can you win games of football when that’s the case every single game? 

WHAT HE CAN DO? How about doing something? Anything. Shout at his players to get at them. Not allowing them into the game. Sub off an exhausted McGinn.

He just stands there doing nothing.

Edited by villalad21

10 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I was responding to the claim that we 'stopped playing' which is false and another stick to beat Smith with.

We did stop playing. We shit ourselves as we always do and never looked like we believed we can hold on.

Dean smiths villa have done this on various occasions this season. This is a stick we can beat smith with because it happens time and time again

WHAT HE CAN DO? How about doing something? Anything. Shout at his players to get at them. Not allowing them into the game. Sub off an exhausted McGinn.

He just stands there doing nothing.

I’m not sure shouting at players that are clearly mentally weak would have the desired response.

Equally I’m not sure an exhausted Mcginn isn’t better than the alternatives of Lansbury or Nakamba.

We’re crap and for me the fact that we actually compete in the number of games we have is more surprising than the fact that we lose more often than not.

1 minute ago, jim said:

We didn’t stop playing, just invited pressure on us as we always do and paid the price. 

The MF where out on their legs magnified when Everton freshened that area up.He did nothing again 

I’m not sure shouting at players that are clearly mentally weak would have the desired response.

Equally I’m not sure an exhausted Mcginn isn’t better than the alternatives of Lansbury or Nakamba.

We’re crap and for me the fact that we actually compete in the number of games we have is more surprising than the fact that we lose more often than not.

Bringing on a lesser player is a better option than keeping on an exhausted player barely being able to move around.

His in game management is shocking. Been all season. Costed us 6-7 pts

Edited by villalad21

Bringing on a lesser players is a better option than keeping on an exhausted player barely being able to move around.

His in game management is shocking. Been all season. Costed us 6-7 pts

If Smith had brought on Nakamba or Lansbury and we’d concedes you’d be the first to blame him for that.

If El Ghazi had scored from a yard out we’re 2-0 up and the game is won.

If Targett doesn’t get caught under the ball we see out the game and win 1-0.

I’m not sure how either of those are things which Smith has any control over.

He’s made mistakes this season but today is not on him at all.

• Like 2

I've only skimmed this thread and haven't been in here much recently, but I'm guessing I'm in the minority that would keep him. I think in the same way a manager like Bruce is good at keeping teams up by levelling the playing field, Smith is good at battering teams when we have better players. Even with a few key players gone well be one of the strong teams in the championship next season. Keep Smith, he'll get us up. 

Then sack him when we get promotion and appoint Bruce.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blunther said:

I've only skimmed this thread and haven't been in here much recently, but I'm guessing I'm in the minority that would keep him. I think in the same way a manager like Bruce is good at keeping teams up by levelling the playing field, Smith is good at battering teams when we have better players. Even with a few key players gone well be one of the strong teams in the championship next season. Keep Smith, he'll get us up. 

Then sack him when we get promotion and appoint Bruce.

And yet we frequently got battered ourselves last season under Smith when Grealish was out, despite still having better players.

Â