Dean Smith

Demitri_C

On Smith again. We’ve conceded 17 times in the last 15. Far to many times this season we haven’t turned up. 

Crying out for a change, McGinn was dead on his feet. 

As he says “My teams mirror me” says all you need to know. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the management side for me. We can say its the players but thats the manager comes in. Why not bring on a sub to rely the lressur eoff them? Waste abit of time?

Its just incredible the same shit happening week after week

While alot were saying bring Ghazi on i were screaming for someone else, I feeel Ghazi is ineffective and Smith keeps relying on him all to much, hes not been a game changer all season. We would of been better bringing someone else on, I thought maybe it's time to unleash Vasilev felt he would of buried that miss from Ghazi.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, jim said:

On Smith again. We’ve conceded 17 times in the last 15. Far to many times this season we haven’t turned up. 

Crying out for a change, McGinn was dead on his feet. 

As he says “My teams mirror me” says all you need to know. 

Wait, has he actually said that? Because that's extremely concerning given how many times we've looked totally abject this season. And even when we don't, we frequently look incredibly fragile.

Edited by Mantis

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I mean that's obviously not true, we were pushing after our goal and should have scored another but for a perplexing miss by El Ghazi.

Look at the possession stats my friend we stopped playing once we scored.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We aren't getting relegated because El Ghazi missed on a chance.

We are getting relegated because of weak mentality and inability to defend.

Both of which could be attributed to injuries, poor playing staff and a dose of bad luck.

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Right or wrong he trusts the team that got us to 1-0 and were battling hard. We've all seen Jota attempt to run, Nakamba dawdle on the ball and Lansbury give away cheap fouls. I want to be angry at Smith for not using subs, I really do, but given the options on the bench I cannot bring myself to blame him.

Don't blame him for tonight especially - but far, far, to often we throw away a lead. I don't see that changing, Smiths teams have never had a tight defence.

If by some miracle we had stayed up - does anyone think next season would be different - and as I keep saying there some quality in that defence. 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Look at the possession stats my friend we stopped playing once we scored.

Players crawled into their shell and Dean is allowing it.

Chris Wilder and Nuno Santo would be hammering his players if they saw that. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Just now, AV82 said:

Funny that, I recall us nearly scoring a second.

Not sure if youve seen a football match before but a team can be playing poorly and nearly score a goal. For the record aswell i dont think that could ever be considered "nearly scoring a goal".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Wait, has he actually said that? Because that's extremely concerning given how many times we've looked totally abject this season. And even when we don't, we frequently look incredibly fragile.

Does it matter if he said it or not. ? - We are incredibly weak at the back considering the players he has at his disposal.

Just now, Cliffy Biro said:

Not sure if youve seen a football match before but a team can be playing poorly and nearly score a goal. For the record aswell i dont think that could ever be considered "nearly scoring a goal".

Exactly. We had once chance big deal. After that we couldnt string two passes together, invited pressure onto ourselves and defended poorly 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Does it matter if he said it or not. ? - We are incredibly weak at the back considering the players he has at his disposal.

No I agree, just saying, with the way his teams often perform, saying something like "my teams mirror me" seems incredibly dumb.

5 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

I was responding to the claim that we 'stopped playing' which is false and another stick to beat Smith with.

• Like 1

Â