Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, DCJonah said:

Haha el ghazi misses an absolute sitter and they'll turn on the manager again. 

Haha because being in the position of needing to win 3/4 of our last 4 games to stay up is totally not down to anything to do with the manager, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Haha because being in the position of needing to win 3/4 of our last 4 games to stay up is totally not down to anything to do with the manager, right?

Sounds like a relegation battle for a poor squad. Its what we are. 

• Like 1

Played well, El ghazi missed a sitter, scuffed clearance led to the goal... Blame Smith... The only real criticism I have is mcginn getting so many minutes when he's so unfit 

Just now, AshVilla said:

Disgusting considering we've spent over 120 mill.

Relative to where we started, means nothing, Everton had a £50m player on the pitch (who was wank) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Disgusting considering we've spent over 120 mill.

To build a team from scratch in two months.

Anyway, today, subs did come too late. The team that ended this game needs to play on Tuesday.

We also should have brought Nakamba on. Luiz was very tired at the end (I would have taken Hourihane off though and had him give Luiz some help).

Edited by Rolta

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Can't fault Smith. He doesn't have the players.

Much as I like the bloke and we didn't get relegated tonight - but over the course of the season (and indeed last season) we are just not tight enough in defence. In that defence you have Mings  Heaton/Reinna/Target. I don't think under smith we will ever have a drilled defence - and thats a weakness you can not carry. 

Should of threw more men forward and not sat back, we played well but we screwed ourselves by doing the exact thing that's cost us all season.

We need to win Westham and draw at arsenal that's providing the rest mess up.

Let's hope Bournemouth lose rest of theres along with watford and Westham and when they play eachother Westham and watford that one of them beats the other.

I just can't believe that goal against us, just so unlucky after playing like that.

Should never of brought Ghazi on, what were you lot who wanted him on thinking, dont you learn that he makes mess ups in defence.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Mad to think we still had 3 subs left at 1-0 up.

I'd love to know what goes through his head at times at critical moments in the second half.

We've seen countless times at VP when away teams are winning 1-0 and their keepers are taking half an hour to take a goal kick and they're making a sub every minute to slow the game down.

As soon as Calvert Lewin missed Nakamba and Gulibert should've been on surely? 60 seconds later it was 1-1 and we've nearly run out of games now.

He'll never be an established prem manager for us or anywhere else until he learns the art of closing a tight game out with substitutions and time managing/wasting.

Players looked terrified after we scored.

Crawled back into their usual shell. The goal against was inevitable how the last 15 minutes turned out.

Smith just stood there watching. His in game management is truly atrocious and the team mirror him.

Edited by villalad21

Â