Jump to content
Demitri_C

Dean Smith

Recommended Posts

Bruced it. Fell on a winning team through injury and luck. Just highlights how wrong he got it in these must win games.

Got to go. Got to.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NIVillan said:

I studied and lived for a while in Leicester and yes their expectations and how the view themselves has gone to their heads

but there are a couple of buts.  Firstly they are still paranoid about Villa.  Have to put Villa down anytime they can.  They mention 1982 to me more than any Villa fan saying we are always going on about it.  Pretty funny.

Secondly they are not the club they were before winning the League.  Look at their signings.  Our record signing is around 24/25 million, they ar elooking this summer at a 50 million striker to partner Vardy.  Signed other 30/40 million players.  Fairly New Stadium which they are rightly proud of (Had a dinner function their once with friends never seen a match their though).  A brand new state of art Training facility is being built or has just been finished.  They are setup for success and are setup really how Villa should have kicked on mid 90s with Little/Gregory bringing top 6/7 stability.

With the money being spent etc they rightly expect Rodgers to back up all his guff on how wonderful he is and take them into the top 4.

Wolves are moving in the same direction.

I think we have the owners and admin in place to move back up and challenge but there might be setbacks like this season on the way. 

In the main Liverpool, Arsenal, MC, MU, Chelsea and Spurs will fight out CL places over the coming years

Leicester have a small fan base and are totally dependent on Vardy - once he’s done so will they be. Rodgers is a legend in his own mind but got worse at Liverpool and will do the same at Leicester. 

Hate them (and Wolves) and will look forward to when they fall flat on their faces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Even Grealish had the balls to say that the Palace goal was not handball. 

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing but if Mings was a penalty against Arsenal then so was Palace's not a goal.  They hit the same part of the body part so should be treated the same.  As many critics have said there is still some confusion around what is handball and what isn't.  My point though goes back to the Mings vs Palace incidents which use the same part of the body.

If you push me, I'd say it was handball because that part of the body has been the precedent this season.  Should it be handball in the rules, then I say no but you cant change through the season.  Doesnt matter what Grealish says it's about consistency.  VAR has no consistency anyway but in this moment it was because it was the same as the Mings Arsenal incident.

Plus, how many times has VAR gone against us and this, at least, debatable decision goes our way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Only as good as your last game. Dean Smith What a manager 

You just need to say that after 3 more games 😀

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

“Had the balls?” What on earth are you on about! I’ve never heard so many ridiculous reasons to hate on Smith. 

I don’t hate Smith. I don’t hate anyone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NIVillan said:

I studied and lived for a while in Leicester and yes their expectations and how the view themselves has gone to their heads

but there are a couple of buts.  Firstly they are still paranoid about Villa.  Have to put Villa down anytime they can.  They mention 1982 to me more than any Villa fan saying we are always going on about it.  Pretty funny.

Secondly they are not the club they were before winning the League.  Look at their signings.  Our record signing is around 24/25 million, they ar elooking this summer at a 50 million striker to partner Vardy.  Signed other 30/40 million players.  Fairly New Stadium which they are rightly proud of (Had a dinner function their once with friends never seen a match their though).  A brand new state of art Training facility is being built or has just been finished.  They are setup for success and are setup really how Villa should have kicked on mid 90s with Little/Gregory bringing top 6/7 stability.

With the money being spent etc they rightly expect Rodgers to back up all his guff on how wonderful he is and take them into the top 4.

Wolves are moving in the same direction.

I think we have the owners and admin in place to move back up and challenge but there might be setbacks like this season on the way. 

The walkers crisp bowl is just a boring identikit turn of the millenium plastic stadium. If you change the seat colour it would just like Southampton, Cardiff,  or Derby.

I would hate it if Villa ever left Villa Park to a stadium like that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

This seems not to fit in with any of the facts. Except maybe Elmo playing. And to be fair to Konsa, he could have had a few assists in the last few games if our strikers could header at the goal.

Facts aren't important when you've got serious criticising to do.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The walkers crisp bowl is just a boring identikit turn of the millenium plastic stadium. If you change the seat colour it would just like Southampton, Cardiff,  or Derby.

I would hate it if Villa ever left Villa Park to a stadium like that.

I was comparing it to Filbert Street, not a patch on Villa Park of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win a game and this thread bumps to page 2 as the 87 same negative posts an hour disappear 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Win a game and this thread bumps to page 2 as the 87 same negative posts an hour disappear 🤔

I thought exactly the same.

No praise, no well done. No talk of how well we fought. No talk of how we looked good, particularly after going in front and the confidence boost that came along with it. No talk of the clear team spirit. No talk of a team that shows no signs of not playing for the manager. 

A really positive result and nothing. 

Now, I know it's 1 result. I know it's 1 game

But the signs were there in the Liverpool game. The first half hour of man utd before that awful penalty. For me anyway. Since restart we have looked decent in my opinion, no mention of that either. 

I'm sure if we lose Thursday, the vultures will be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm sure if we lose Thursday, the vultures will be back.

diverse angry mob with weapons torches pitchforks" : wtfstockphotos

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I thought exactly the same.

No praise, no well done. No talk of how well we fought. No talk of how we looked good, particularly after going in front and the confidence boost that came along with it. No talk of the clear team spirit. No talk of a team that shows no signs of not playing for the manager. 

A really positive result and nothing. 

Now, I know it's 1 result. I know it's 1 game

But the signs were there in the Liverpool game. The first half hour of man utd before that awful penalty. For me anyway. Since restart we have looked decent in my opinion, no mention of that either. 

I'm sure if we lose Thursday, the vultures will be back.

That one game was part of his objective not a goal.

im not getting carried away until after a victory from this game and a Watford lost.

Lets see what happens.

p.s the players did turn out for him on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I thought exactly the same.

No praise, no well done. No talk of how well we fought. No talk of how we looked good, particularly after going in front and the confidence boost that came along with it. No talk of the clear team spirit. No talk of a team that shows no signs of not playing for the manager. 

A really positive result and nothing. 

Now, I know it's 1 result. I know it's 1 game

But the signs were there in the Liverpool game. The first half hour of man utd before that awful penalty. For me anyway. Since restart we have looked decent in my opinion, no mention of that either. 

I'm sure if we lose Thursday, the vultures will be back.

One swallow, doesn't make a summer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TRO said:

One swallow, doesn't make a summer.

I know, I've even said so in the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I know, I've even said so in the post. 

Perhaps the second paragraph contradicted it......just reminding you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be a bit ironical, if we go down and Brentford go up.

there will be a few raised eyebrows there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

Perhaps the second paragraph contradicted it......just reminding you.

Would you have said the same with Bruce? I highly doubt it. 

Just reminding you...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Would you have said the same with Bruce? I highly doubt it. 

Just reminding you...

What would you do without Bruce?😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â