Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Even if it’s all too late to stay up I’d rather we went down fighting and see it make a difference in mentality going into the summer. 

Yes of course, I do not want to see them give up and if they fight till the end then I guess they have a hope in the championship together. Till today and this win it was looking slim that they could even work as a team together in the championship I think.

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We need to sack him because we kept a clean sheet in a win?

No we need to sack him because we are capable of playing well enough to have been out of the mess we are currently in. Good result today but too little too late. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

No we need to sack him because we are capable of playing well enough to have been out of the mess we are currently in. Good result today but too little too late. 

Exactly. We've all seen in patches this team can really play. Twice against Newcastle we've seen it. Against Liverpool. Watford at home. Norwich away.

For whatever reason Smith has failed to get the most out of them most of the season.

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Not sure how beating a poor palace in woeful form proves that. 

But somehow I knew a victory today would be used against him.

We played well today, can see Palace are on the beach but it was extremely easy for us. Haven't felt that chilled out and confident watching a game in ages. 

I personally don't think today changes much at all but I'm glad to see we've shown some fight.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure how beating a poor palace in woeful form proves that. 

But somehow I knew a victory today would be used against him.

Don't be a fool. Nothing's been used against him. He's had a good result today as we all have. It's the previous 30 odd games that have formed an opinion not just todays result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Don't be a fool. Nothing's been used against him. He's had a good result today as we all have. It's the previous 30 odd games that have formed an opinion not just todays result.

The previous 30 odd games shows we have one of the worst squads in the league, yet people continually claim we should be doing so much better. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

The previous 30 odd games shows we have one of the worst squads in the league, yet people continually claim we should be doing so much better. 

Whatever you say. Nobody is using today's result against him though are they. It's like saying because we've won one we should keep him on. jeez. 

I think the Hause injury helped us as Trez had a lot more scope to cut inside and Elmo was brilliant on the overlap.

I think he’ll stay whether we go up or down and it’s good in a way we have decided as a club to commit to someone and a vision but the jury is definitely still out on him.

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Couldn’t I say the same statement but replace “squads” with “manager”?  

It’s done no such thing. We’ve had plenty of periods of games where the players have shown what they are capable of. Look at what Sheffield United and Burnley have accomplished and their squads on paper, as I’ve said before we aren’t a plucky Huddersfield or Blackpool who have come up through the play offs this constant assertion we are lucky to be in the league and it’s insane to expect a little better than our position is wearing thin.

Edited by penguin

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Couldn’t I say the same statement but replace “squads” with “manager”?  

You could. But there's not a lot of evidence that these players are capable of so much more than we've seen. 

People keep saying it though.

• Like 1

Good result today and much improved - well done to players and all staff today , Everton will be a huge game - whatever happens from here smith will get the next 3 games , let’s hope we deliver 

good game for us by all accounts, just a shame that the previous 34 games have caused me to lose a helluva lot of interest and I drank far too much before the game started and spent half of the match flicking onto the F1 to see what was happening there, I saw the goals but that was about it.

Â