Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

and neither do we on this website because he's had differing performances in the positions he's played and there has been a lot of discussion about his influence in various positions.  From playing in midfield, we asked that he moved more forward and he was put at left forward and then he wasnt in the game enough, then moved back into midfield and that wasnt quite working.  People all have their views on this website but I think none of us know his best/most influential position.  Jack is still learning his craft at this level as well, gets found out a lot, has wonderful moments and games but then disappears some games.  A lot of this is the quality around him as well but I still think Jack has a lot to develop like many quality players until they find their niche and until then managers struggle to find the place for these enigmatic players.  Dean has a lot to answer for but Jack's positioning is way way way down the list.

I think alot of that comes down to Jack having so many different manager's in his career and some of them terrible ones.Can imagine if we went city under Pep he would improve massively 

3 hours ago, jim said:

Who’s job is it to instill that professionalism? 

They're professional footballers.

I'm a professional in my job. I dont need a manager to tell me how to do my job to a good level. 

To support your point, perhaps it's some of the analysis etc foner points which is Smith's fault.

I'm not a Smith in or out tbh. But I do worry that by blaming him for all our woes, we will ignore other issues like recruitment etc.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I think alot of that comes down to Jack having so many different manager's in his career and some of them terrible ones.Can imagine if we went city under Pep he would improve massively 

maybe but some great talents take time to find themselves at the top levels and yes that is partly down to great coaching and then it just clicks and they go onto having great careers.  Without doubt Pep would improve him massively but I wonder where he fits in at Man City with all their talent from B.Silva, Foden, De Bruyne and then Mahrez and Sterling in the forward wing areas.  Maybe with Sane and D.Silva leaving he's got a chance, and maybe Jack will settle for part player.

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I'm a professional in my job. I dont need a manager to tell me how to do my job to a good level. 

To support your point, perhaps it's some of the analysis etc foner points which is Smith's fault.

I'm not a Smith in or out tbh. But I do worry that by blaming him for all our woes, we will ignore other issues like recruitment etc.   

There are many employees if they are not managed or kept an eye on, they don't do there job to the best of there ability. Everyone needs a kick up the arse now and again, maybe your the exception. 

You can see Sheffield united, Burnley are well drilled. Watch us tonight, then comment on the difference.

6 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Most football clubs do have a manager though.

It was always going to be tough to keep us up - none the less that was the task set. With the investment in players I think the villa board would have expected to survive. Usually when boardroom expectations aren't met the manager carries the can - harsh but that's how it is.

18 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Stuff that lets get Pep down here. He’s had time to develop at Barcelona and Citeh. Now he deserves a chance at a big club. Come on Pep, grow a pair and get yourself to BMH. 

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There are many employees if they are not managed or kept an eye on, they don't do there job to the best of there ability. Everyone needs a kick up the arse now and again, maybe your the exception. 

You can see Sheffield united, Burnley are well drilled. Watch us tonight, then comment on the difference.

I dont disagree. What happens if the employees cant do their job, skill wise, mentally etc, but you cant replace them because you're not allowed to employ anyone else. 

You're working on the principle that with good management these players would do well. I'm arguing that nakamba trez samatta etc are really poor, but theres no one else to play. 

11 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I dont disagree. What happens if the employees cant do their job, skill wise, mentally etc, but you cant replace them because you're not allowed to employ anyone else. 

You're working on the principle that with good management these players would do well. I'm arguing that nakamba trez samatta etc are really poor, but theres no one else to play. 

Your forgot the other players, you only named three there, you just forgot about 92% of our squad have been poor all season.

I will say after my silliness that it was a much deserved win.

I couldn't fault any of them today and not going to slate anyone because I feel it was for once a collective victory.  

I feel that today we fought for our win, I just hope that this isnt all to late.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I will say after my silliness that it was a much deserved win.

I couldn't fault any of them today and not going to slate anyone because I feel it was for once a collective victory.  

I feel that today we fought for our win, I just hope that this isnt all to late.

Even if it’s all too late to stay up I’d rather we went down fighting and see it make a difference in mentality going into the summer. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Still defensively very suspect.

This is why we still need to sack him after the season.

But attacking wise it was great to watch us today.

We need to sack him because we kept a clean sheet in a win?

• Like 2

Â