Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It might be hypotheticals but Leeds are defensively sound. Norwich and us were not last season, Sheffield United were. Look where the respective clubs are on the table.

Yes lets look........Villa - Premiership team, Leeds - Championship team.

and before you say anything Villa arent relegated at the moment and Leeds arent promoted at the moment. 

You've argued about Bielsa who Smith beat to promotion, a week or so ago you argued about Pearson who the final six games before lockdown had the same record as Smith, for you it's anybody but Smith.  The stats arent very good for Smith I agree but you arent exactly picking good comparisons.  Wilder is an outlier and it'll be interesting if he can do the same next season or like so many is a one season wonder but what he's achieved so far this season is great.  Others have already argued how the other big teams around Sheff U have done poorly this season compared to usual, which has allowed Sheff U to look better than they are but I'll give it to Wilder that he can only do what he does.  I will be interested if he can repeat next season.

But Bielsa and Pearson....please!

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It might be hypotheticals but Leeds are defensively sound. Norwich and us were not last season, Sheffield United were. Look where the respective clubs are on the table.

Dean chatting with the players is all well and good but will that fix our defensive woes? No, that has to happen on the training pitch. But let's see where we are when the season kicks off.

i should know better and not respond but you do realise that all dean Smith can do is talk to the players as they cant train together yet! 

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yes lets look........Villa - Premiership team, Leeds - Championship team.

and before you say anything Villa arent relegated at the moment and Leeds arent promoted at the moment. 

You've argued about Bielsa who Smith beat to promotion, a week or so ago you argued about Pearson who the final six games before lockdown had the same record as Smith, for you it's anybody but Smith.  The stats arent very good for Smith I agree but you arent exactly picking good comparisons.  Wilder is an outlier and it'll be interesting if he can do the same next season or like so many is a one season wonder but what he's achieved so far this season is great.  Others have already argued how the other big teams around Sheff U have done poorly this season compared to usual, which has allowed Sheff U to look better than they are but I'll give it to Wilder that he can only do what he does.  I will be interested if he can repeat next season.

But Bielsa and Pearson....please!

So you want to give time to a man who has proved to be inept at this level? I guess we'll never be a Premiership team then.

His tactics are flawed. Doesn't even need further explaining. The stats proves it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

So you want to give time to a man who has proved to be inept at this level? I guess we'll never be a Premiership team then.

His tactics are flawed. Doesn't even need further explaining. The stats proves it.

Confused Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Villa and Norwich are in Premier League, Leeds arent. Not sure which part you dont understand 

Bielsa bottled promotion twice last season while Smith actually got promoted 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Villa and Norwich are in Premier League, Leeds arent. Not sure which part you dont understand 

Bielsa bottled promotion twice last season while Smith actually got promoted 

What good is it to be promoted if you get relegated the following season and losing your best players?

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What good is it to be promoted if you get relegated the following season and losing your best players?

We haven't been relegated for the 100th time

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But look at Leeds, solid defence under Bielsa. Look at Albion, solid defence under Bilic. Even Brentford have a great defence under that chap that isn’t Smith. 

We’re never going to be a premier league team while Smith is in charge!!  :(

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even Brentford have a great defence under that chap that isn’t Smith. 

Well they finished 5th before Smith arrived. Never made the play offs under him. And now they are back in the play off spots with him gone.

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Well they finished 5th before Smith arrived. Never made the play offs under him. And now they are back in the play off spots with him gone.

Again that's not true, was a manager between Warburton and Smith. They ripped up Warburton squad when he left

But keep it up with the lies 🤥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

What? We're not? I mean it's the 24th of May and we're in 19th place. I mean every other season that would see you relegated. What's so different this year then?

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You don’t rate Smith and want him gone. Everyone on VT knows this now as we’ve had page after page of you telling us this.  You don’t have to keep repeating it or reminding us how much you don’t rate him. We all know! We won’t forget. You have hammered it home. We get it. 

Having said all that, whether you like it or not he will have until the end of the season.

So it’s just tough shit mate. 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Again that's not true, was a manager between Warburton and Smith. They ripped up Warburton squad when he left

But keep it up with the lies 🤥

Oh yes of course.

And the reason they are in the top 6 now has nothing to do with the new manager it has everything to do with the 30 mill spent :) 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

You don’t rate Smith and want him gone. Everyone on VT knows this now as we’ve had page after page of you telling us this.  You don’t have to keep repeating it or reminding us how much you don’t rate him. We all know! We won’t forget. You have hammered it home. We get it. 

Having said all that, whether you like it or not he will have until the end of the season.

Then don't reply to me if you don't like my posts.

And had you read all my posts you would know i'm not even in for sacking him. It's all dependent on who we can bring in.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's page after page because people don't put him on ignore.  A troll or someone on the spectrum isn't going to stop when he keeps getting attention.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's page after page because people don't put him on ignore.  A troll or someone on the spectrum isn't going to stop when he keeps getting attention.

I have specifically said on numerous occasions don't reply to my posts if you don't like them but they keep coming back.

It really shouldn't be that difficult.

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Then don't reply to me if you don't like my posts.

And had you read all my posts you would know i'm not even in for sacking him. It's all dependent on who we can bring in.

You are right. I shouldn’t reply. I just can’t help myself! 

If you don’t want him sacked why are you so adamant on making sure everyone knows what a poor job he is apparently doing? What’s you angle mister?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You are right. I shouldn’t reply. I just can’t help myself! 

If you don’t want him sacked why are you so adamant on making sure everyone knows what a poor job he is apparently doing? What’s you angle mister?

I don't want another average manager in. We've had enough of those over the years.

If there is no better alternative i'd rather stick with Smith. I'm not in for sacking someone just for the sake of it.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't want another average manager in. We've had enough of those over the years.

If there is no better alternative i'd rather stick with Smith. I'm not in for sacking someone just for the sake of it.

This is why the constant Smith bashing makes no sense.   You give the impression you just want him gone no matter what. 

Â