Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Forgot about Axel, so that's 3. Bjarnason could be playing for Barcelona and he'd still be a dire footballer tbh.

Has Adomah left Forest? 😮 

He was shipped out on loan on deadline day to Cardiff

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you want him out? Personally, I think we should stick with him, no point in chopping and changing manager at this stage of the season

Nahh. I was just trying to be funny whilst working at home, slightly bored. Wasn’t worth it though as I didn’t get a single laughing emoji. 

Next time I come up with comedy gold I’m keeping it to myself. Or will share it with the wife instead. 

Bastards. 🙃

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Think we’ve missed a massive opportunity here to get rid of him and give his replacement time to get his ideas across. 

Replace with whom?

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Think we’ve missed a massive opportunity here to get rid of him and give his replacement time to get his ideas across. 

Is the club even holding regular trainings atm?

Will be months before a ball is kicked in anger and even that is a very optimistic schedule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Great idea........who would be Dean Smiths replacement, and how would he be getting his ideas across? Would it be via Skype or Whattsapp? I assume you realise there is no training as players have been sent home? I’m not sure you’ve really thought this through 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Is the club even holding regular trainings atm?

Will be months before a ball is kicked in anger and even that is a very optimistic schedule.

You are right here.

Changing the manager at this point in time makes zero sense.

Can't even do any training sessions. The transfer window won't be available ( Who knows for how long?)

If the season get's voided i honestly think Smith will be given another chance. See if he's learned from his mistakes.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

You are right here.

Can't even do any training sessions. The transfer window won't be available ( Who knows for how long?)

If the season get's voided i honestly think Smith will be given another chance. See if he's learned from his mistakes.

Yeah it's too many uncertainties atm. We don't know when and if the league will start again. If it will be this season or a new season starting.

Don't know what division, how contracts will work for the players, how price and TV money will be distributed and so on and so on.

If we get a clear message that this season is voided and that next season will start on a certain date with a proper pre season before it and us still in the PL then I'd have nothing against the  club looking at replacing Smith.

Changing manager now would just add expenses to the club with no gain. It would be pointless.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2020 at 09:48, OxfordVillan said:

Great idea........who would be Dean Smiths replacement, and how would he be getting his ideas across? Would it be via Skype or Whattsapp? I assume you realise there is no training as players have been sent home? I’m not sure you’ve really thought this through 

On 27/03/2020 at 10:11, villalad21 said:

You are right here.

On 27/03/2020 at 10:17, sne said:

Yeah it's too many uncertainties atm. We don't know when and if the league will start again. If it will be this season or a new season starting.

Don't know what division, how contracts will work for the players, how price and TV money will be distributed and so on and so on.

If we get a clear message that this season is voided and that next season will start on a certain date with a proper pre season before it and us still in the PL then I'd have nothing against the  club looking at replacing Smith.

Changing manager now would just add expenses to the club with no gain. It would be pointless.

As far as a replacement goes, I don’t know really. But I’d assume the club have a short list they leaked that Smith had Chelsea or bust? 

no trading granted but assembly of a coaching staff so when training resumes its fully focussed 

9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

As far as a replacement goes, I don’t know really. But I’d assume the club have a short list they leaked that Smith had Chelsea or bust? 

no trading granted but assembly of a coaching staff so when training resumes its fully focussed 

Chelsea or bust just sound stupid to me. Either you believe in the man or you don't.

Anything can happen in a one off game. Is he suddenly good enough if he get a result ? If he lose he is out? 

Ridiculous decision making.

On 30/03/2020 at 07:59, villalad21 said:

Chelsea or bust just sound stupid to me. Either you believe in the man or you don't.

Anything can happen in a one off game. Is he suddenly good enough if he get a result ? If he lose he is out? 

Ridiculous decision making.

I totally agree.....never understood that stance.

a managers influence in the main is over a period of time, not one game.

the "hes got so many games" is poor decision making, its like its the results that matter, not what the man does to get those results.

Alex Ferguson was once in the Dark room for results, but the hierarchy knew what he was doing behind the scenes.....that is the crucial bit.

I can't honestly make a judgment on what Dean is doing behind the scenes....I can only make supposition.

On 31/03/2020 at 18:19, ozvilla28 said:

No point changing him during this period can't even train.Should have gone week's before this issue he was on his last legs against the Chelsea game we reacted to slow for me.

I have a suspicion, he is a number 2

we need a manager, not a head coach.

On 04/04/2020 at 13:34, TRO said:

I have a suspicion, he is a number 2

we need a manager, not a head coach.

No way we'll be going back to the manager model under the current owners, would be a backwards step. We have a director of football and a head coach working with Purslow. If we got a manager then we have to can the director of football and completely start again. 

14 hours ago, romavillan said:

No way we'll be going back to the manager model under the current owners, would be a backwards step. We have a director of football and a head coach working with Purslow. If we got a manager then we have to can the director of football and completely start again. 

So be it.

The successful managers create the role by definition......They create their own power base, who is going to overule Klopp or Pep on football matters?......even Chris Wilder, now.

Its all a matter of opinion, but I think the role we have is retrograde, despite it being popular on the continent.

Of course it does beg the question of the relationship between the head coach and the DOF on transfers.....If and I say If, the DOF has the upper hand in transfers, it won't work....Thats assuming the head coach has it right too.

Edited by TRO

17 hours ago, Rolta said:

TRO are you just keeping this thread going in conversation with yourself?

Well it kills the monotony of self isolation.....I just missed that bit off.

somebody has to keep this site going......It might be a killer disease, but it won't kill my passion for Villa.

Ps At least you can't get in to a row, answering your own posts.....now doubt some will think I can😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Â