Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, screwdriver said:

This huddle is soooooooooo for the camera's!

It reminds me of Phil Brown when he did the same routine at half time once for hull. Why not say that stuff in the dressing room?

I'm not buying it.

We show flashes of what we're capable of yesturday. Anwar El Gazi incredible wing play....in drips though!   he can beat his man and deliver and win headers . So why do we only see once or twice a game? he is the key to staying up. We all know Grealish will sweat blood for the jersey but the other players need to step up. especially Gazi we all know he's capable of these moments.

The other thing when we started getting phsical with them they didn't like it. I cheered louder for Nkamba's "munch" on Silva I think it was than for the goal. but it must have been 70mins in. An aggressive start to the game would have had the city players thinking about self preservation ahead of the madrid game.

We were close to taking it to pens. a post away. Which is the only way we could win.

A decent effort. but not a great effort.

U OK, hun? 

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Any full back with el ghazi ahead of him is in trouble as el ghazi far too often fails to track back leaving our full back exposed - neither el ghazi or trez should be starters - the midfield needs bolstering with the extra man - wingers are fine if effective but ours are too inconsistent 

He never tracked back yesterday but, had he done so, he could many have got to Foden to stop him knocking the ball back to Aguero. AEG is lazy! 

On 01/03/2020 at 19:12, R.Bear said:

What positives were there exactly?

The only positive today was how well taken the goal was. We defended set pieces poorly. Hoofed the ball aimlessly everytime we got it. Didn't seem to have any game plan whatsoever and were sinking without trace until Stones **** up.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not laying into the team but the praise the performance and indeed Smith is getting is utterly baffling.

I think the positive was.....many of us thought we was going to get mullered......again....so it was a bit of a relief to be a one goal deficit.....also shows the result a Villa Park, was probably more down to us than them, which I suspected anyway.

look your observations are not wrong.....we have a long way to go to improve......but They wanted the final whistle more then we did.

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

No, I’m recognising that we’re an awful defensive unit and whether we like it or not, we need to start conceding less to have any chance of staying up. 

Like I say, it’s an unpopular opinion but you can’t be 20th in nearly every defensive stat and hope to stay up. 

We have to go back to basics, defend better and then hope Jack, Samatta and McGinn to produce a moment of magic to win a game. 

Its been said time and time and time again, its so stone blind obvious, its sad that we feel a need to repeat it.

13 hours ago, Indigo said:

Given the circumstances you couldn't have really expected much more from us yesterday, we were always going to have to ride our luck and make the best of any that came our way given how much of a better side City are, just a shame we didn't get much of the latter. Unfortunately I'm finding it hard to take the positives I should be out of it because it's just another example of us being a nearly team this season against one of the top sides, when we failed to get results/build on almost getting them vs Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool etc it gives me less confidence that we can turned yesterdays performance into results going forward.

Hopefully we can though and McGinn's return can spring some more life into us also. We need to get on it quick given the disastrous results around us in the league at the weekend.

Man city, is probably not a good example, because its ok to come close.....but generally speaking that is the biggest worry some of us have during this season.....losing can become a habit.

5 hours ago, av1 said:

Agreed. If they provide nothing then there is no point playing with them. And extra midfielder or Davis would offer more imo. 

I would rather us drop the Wingers and play Davis, he runs his ass off compared to AEG and Trez. 

If we survive then a serious upgrade to our Wingers is desperately needed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

(I know our wingers aren't that great, but even so they do provide fairly regular goals and assists).  

I can not remember the last time AEG scored, Trez has been more recent than him but even that's been a while I think, not consistent enough.

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I can not remember the last time AEG scored, Trez has been more recent than him but even that's been a while I think, not consistent enough.

AEG 3rd most goals behind Jack and Wesley and 2nd most assists behind Jack. Trez is a joke of a footballer 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I would rather us drop the Wingers and play Davis, he runs his ass off compared to AEG and Trez. 

If we survive then a serious upgrade to our Wingers is desperately needed.

Trez runs his ass off too. He's just a shit footballer.

23 minutes ago, baldivisvilla said:

All i see is focusing on the positives. I get that, i really do.

But why are we ignoring the goals we conceded? They were piss poor goals to concede.

1st goal we were ball watching yet again. 2nd goal is a bloody corner, failing to track the obvious target. It's schoolboy stuff.

If they are together, great. But if we keep defending like that how are we supposed to stay up? This isn't just me being negative it's a genuine question? Will our defensive woes every be sorted?

I know you all think i'm just being negative all the time but i am concerned. I want us to improve and we can't keep doing basic errors every game. I really can't address this enough.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

All i see is focusing on the positives. I get that, i really do.

But why are we ignoring the goals we conceded? They were piss poor goals to concede.

1st goal we were ball watching yet again. 2nd goal is a bloody corner, failing to track the obvious target. It's schoolboy stuff.

Don’t know why I bother, but they mention the shite defending in literally the second sentence.

• Haha 1

I can't bear to read anymore articles on the cup final.

All I'm reading is fans saying "I'm proud," we will stay up because of the huddle absolute bollocks.

1)losing should be embarrasment, nothing to be proud about. even more so when you have a "proud" history of filling trophy cabinets.

b) the huddle. a lame PR stunt. Phil brown did it and got pelters. Gerrard did it "we must not let it slip lads" what happened? he slipped against chelsea and then lost.

3) the pressure is really on Smith now. It's just press and guess all season. go to sheffield and try and park the bus lose. talk about going toe to toe all the time....lose. rotating the team lose. still doesn't know his best 11. still doesn't know his best formation.

e) Not one big scalp all season. Smith has even admitted it he doesn't think we can get anything out of the big teams. This is waving the white flag. What would have happened at wembley if we were playing manchester united? another proud defeat?

7)the corner that wasn't a corner. why wasn't the whole team surrounding the linesman with temple veins bulging like Keane Stamn, Beckham etc surrounded D'urso? screaming obcentities in his face till he was forced to get VAR to look at it. instead like good little boys they all jogged back to the half way line. to take their beating like a good victims.

4) question marks over mings. this guy is getting away with poor performances with the old mythical "he's a good leader" possibly this could be the causing the divisons in the squad? This guy getting so much praise and england call ups when he can't do his job properly. His tackling stats are shocking. This would cause massive resentment on site let alone a boot room full of massive ego's. not to mention his off the pitch "projects" he's constantly involved in on twitter.

To stay up you have to fight hard and fight dirty. not be like tony mowbary make friends with open football and go down and never be seen again. the huddle should have happened after tottenham and arsenal. look at Rhodri's yellow card blatent foul to stop a breakaway. Why isn't luiz doing that at wolves away? shove him back in the under 23's and let his work permit expire. he's a deadarse.

When wolves and sheffield united hit the ground running in their first seaons back in the prem and we make such a pig ear out of it and 90% is all our own doing.........well it makes me sick to my japs eye

• Haha 2

Â