Jump to content

Demitri_C
 Share

Recommended Posts

After all the other names we were linked to in the past 48 hours, I’m not going to lie, I was a bit deflated to hear the news that it’s Smith. I’ve only ever heard things about him that were posted here on VT, so my perceptions are a bit skewed.  That said, I logged on to a Brentford forum to see what they’re saying about the news and they sound like we all did when Milner left. 90% of the posts were overwhelmingly positive, talking about how he was one of their best ever managers, knew this was bound to happen eventually, and wishing him the best. The other 10% called him a c***, don’t understand why he joined us because we “have no money”, and hope Villa are relegated as retribution. I’ve heard over and over again by VTers that Brentford fans couldn’t be bothered by Smith and don’t think he’s the reason why they’ve been successful recently. That doesn’t appear to be the case at all over on their forums. 

Anyway, welcome and good luck, mate!  Not a flashy foreign name, but he’s one of us!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter

Ultimately I’m happy we have a people in position well in advance of the next game. 

I won’t pretend I’m over the moon ecstatic, but that’s mainly because apart from the times we’ve failed to beat Brentford, I’ve not seen a Dean Smith side play.

If people on here are saying he’s more or less the polar opposite of Bruce in terms of playing style, then overall I’m caustiously pleased.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And that, that right there is what we need and have needed since we got relegated.

For it to be a success it will take much more than just Smith, we need to embed a philosophy throughout the club as the man says himself.

Fantastic to hear.

100 %.. "we adapt to who we are playing but ALWAYS with a an attacking mind set"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


He has some bloody exciting attacking players to work with.

Hogan he knows about but he has kodjia and Tammy also. None of this defensive inviting pressure on us garbage that we had under bruce.

It's going to take time but this could be a real exciting management team.

Bet grealish is delighted jt is back

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Ultimately I’m pleased we have a people in position well in advance of the next game. 

I won’t pretend I’m over the moon ecstatic, but that’s mainly because apart from the times we’ve failed to beat Brentford, I’ve not seen a Dean Smith side play.

If people on here are saying he’s more or less the polar opposite of Bruce in terms of playing style, then overall I’m caustiously pleased.

Rest assured he is nothing like Bruce. Players will be encouraged to play, expected to play, and coached to play.

The only cause for any concern in my view is whether he is up to the size of the task ( which he may well be). If you add in the return of JT ( worth his weight in gold in my view) I’d say you are right to be pleased.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â