Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've seen some posts here about first choices falling through, and "third choice Dean".

But Rui Faria was seemingly never approached even though he said he wasn't interested, Brendan Rodgers said he was never approached, and the Belgian FA said Henry was never approached.

Perhaps the board and CEO had a vision for success, and a structure to get there?

Perhaps they identified people to suit that structure?

Perhaps they've got their first choice targets for all of those roles?

Perhaps the delay was just getting compensation agreed for Smith?

Surely the media and the bookies weren't just blagging it all along?!

or waiting a couple of days to wrap it all up and do this triple announcement thing

i doubt all 3 of them were agreed and signed today

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've seen some posts here about first choices falling through, and "third choice Dean".

But Rui Faria was seemingly never approached even though he said he wasn't interested, Brendan Rodgers said he was never approached, and the Belgian FA said Henry was never approached.

Perhaps the board and CEO had a vision for success, and a structure to get there?

I thought it was on here but someone posted a random tweet from before Faria appeared on the market that he'd created some travel itinerary to suggest Faria meeting with owners just to prove gullible media would latch onto anything and then he appeared 25/1 from nowhere and rumour snowballed

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

All this sounds very reasonable. With all negotiations that comes along with this appointment, with Terry and Jesus, it's hard to beleive Henry and Faria were asked and rejected yesterday evening and today respectively and then we could just take Dean Smith & co out of the hat. I've said enough on Henry, but he and Faria felt very much like poster boys that the media liked to write stories about. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought it was on here but someone posted a random tweet from before Faria appeared on the market that he'd created some travel itinerary to suggest Faria meeting with owners just to prove gullible media would latch onto anything and then he appeared 25/1 from nowhere and rumour snowballed

And exactly the same thing was created for Moyes with the same effect.

For those who followed the new manager thread, you’ll see I called this down to the day of the announcement - lumped on at 12-1 so very happy right now! If only I’d have lumped on at 100-1 a couple of days ago!

#ITK (for once!)

• Like 2

Interesting that it’s “head coach” & “assistant coach”. I think it suggests others will be put in place and won’t be expected to leave should the manager, I sense a real infastructure being put in place here. 

Its been badly needed at Villa for so long

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Like 1

Â