Dean Smith

Demitri_C

One thing that pleases me with Smith is he coaches youngsters to get better. Basically the opposite of bruce. Bruce idea of developing youngsters was to ship then out to other clubs and let them develop them. Then if they impress he would maybe give them a go.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce idea of developing youngsters was to ship then out to other clubs and let them develop them. Then if they impress he would maybe give them a go.

When did Bruce EVER do this at Villa? :D 

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One thing that pleases me with Smith is he coaches youngsters to get better. Basically the opposite of bruce. Bruce idea of developing youngsters was to ship then out to other clubs and let them develop them. Then if they impress he would maybe give them a go.

Wouldn’t have been so bad an approach if he did this part.

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Considering both Wallsall and Brentford played in Smith's style before Frank arrived I wouldn't concern yourself with thoughts that he was the key man. 

Obviously he played a role over the last 2 seasons however, he was one of the coaches. 

Hi mate. Welcome back, hope you’re well. 

Remember our bet about Wyness? £50 donation to acorns was it? :)

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Bruces idea of playing the youngsters was getting them in from Man U, Spurs & Chelsea rather than try to develop anyone himself 

Yep.  Even davis he dropped him towards end of season and he didn't get a look in. I expect smith will be totally different.

He would rather give a 34 year old dm a go than a youngster that sums him up.

come on here to see what everyone's saying about our new man and it's a page of moaning about bruce! something tells me he's going to dominate every forum of VT for a good while yet

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

come on here to see what everyone's saying about our new man and it's a page of moaning about bruce! something tells me he's going to dominate every forum of VT for a good while yet

Well, he did a lot of damage that is going to take time to recover from, so hardly unexpected. 

Other previous managers, MON, Garde, McLeish, Houllier, Budda Handsome etc also get mentioned in threads. Funny how we might talk about things that are part of our past (in Bruce's case very recent past). 

Personally though, I am excited for the future. I hope that Smith is given at least the same amount of time that (unmentionable previous manager) was. I really think that he can build something great here.

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep.  Even davis he dropped him towards end of season and he didn't get a look in. I expect smith will be totally different.

He would rather give a 34 year old dm a go than a youngster that sums him up.

Tbf, Davis needed to be dropped. He wasn't playing too well at that point.

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Yeah that's what we have been doing :rolleyes: the funny thing is about posts like this yoir moaning about other posters without actually reading what the original point is.

It was about how great it is to have a manager who will develop youngsters unlike what bruce did.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah that's what we have been doing :rolleyes: the funny thing is about posts like this yoir moaning about other posters without actually reading what the original point is.

It was about how great it is to have a manager who will develop youngsters unlike what bruce did.

OMG!!11!  It's happening again!1!

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Isn't it likely the media is full of shit in regards to that quote. Why would he state something that he knows is a lie and knows will be fact checked by everyone with a smart phone? It doesn't make sense. 

ah who can honestly say they havent embellished a cv or told a wee white lie in an interview? My current boss still thinks i'm fluent in Spanish. Cant speak a word of it!!

34 minutes ago, Dick said:

Tbf, Davis needed to be dropped. He wasn't playing too well at that point.

Get with the script man, it's revisionism time.

SB literally did nothing of any form of good and is to blame for every single one of our troubles.

Thankfully we now have the messiah Dean Smith who is 'definitely' the right man to turn us into one of the top 3 teams in Europe.

Or that's what seems to be the general tone to me anyway.

Can't wait for 6 months from now when we're talking about needing a new Manager again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Get with the script man, it's revisionism time.

SB literally did nothing of any form of good and is to blame for every single one of our troubles.

Thankfully we now have the messiah Dean Smith who is 'definitely' the right man to turn us into one of the top 3 teams in Europe.

Or that's what seems to be the general tone to me anyway.

Can't wait for 6 months from now when we're talking about needing a new Manager again.

I’m looking forward to the inevitable “fitness of the players wasn’t where it should have been when I arrived” comment 

For those moaning about Bruce still being mentioned .... We've still only actually got "what was" to discuss as fact. "What is" wont start until 3pm Saturday! 

So apart from detailing our hopes and dreams, any other discussion may well still include "you know who".

Â