Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I'm excited by this appointment and I'm fully behind it.

I'm not getting carried away by the presser and interviews though. It's the stuff we hear from every manager. If we'd appointed Allardyce we'd be hearing the same stuff.

I like that he's a villa fan though. Should mean he understands the club. And I'm confident he'll do a good job as long as we're setting the club up to work to his strengths.

Either way I'm feeling a lot better about this season now and I'm very much looking forward to the next game.

• Like 3

He came across well in the presser but it's results on the pitch and the style of football that counts. Get the best out of the talent he has at his disposal and we'll be up there in the top two (*or thereabouts ?)

13 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I loved these words on Smiffy. It certainly feels like we’ve got a good one. I can’t wait to see his style of play implemented here. 

and i love that vicar of dibley gag...... false dawns heheheheheheh

50 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Intrigued to see what, if any noticeable changes have been implemented in our 'style' on Saturday, I'm not expecting much but hoping to see some sort of positive tweak.

Yes, what can you work on in a few days? I think he said he only had 13 players to work with on the first day the rest were away with the internationals. Possibly some simple work on a shape on and off the ball for a bit every day and the rest would be technical and some specific preparation for how Swansea play. Maybe even that is too much to cram into a few days really adn a lot will depend on how quick on the uptake some of our players are.

54 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Intrigued to see what, if any noticeable changes have been implemented in our 'style' on Saturday, I'm not expecting much but hoping to see some sort of positive tweak.

I think game management for me is what im intrigued about more than style over next week or so. 3 games in 6 days. Smith has shown at Brentford that he is not afraid to make wholesale changes, even to a winning team. The Norwich fixture will be interesting. We have been dominated there the last 3 or 4 times we've went there. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Seen a few picture's of today's training. Great to see cal o'hare involved. Question, they had these white and orange plastic things placed strategically all over the training ground. What's all that about. Never seen that before at bodymor heath. Wanna cut that nonsense out and start putting their boots on and rolling their sleeves up.

Thierry must have put them out when he was there for the interview.  If they were wearing bibs as well, it was definitely him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't imagine it will be anything other than the players being a bit more motivated than before because of the new manager.

Less than a week is no time at all to implement anything significant. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do see anything though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't imagine it will be anything other than the players being a bit more motivated than before because of the new manager.

Less than a week is no time at all to implement anything significant. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do see anything though.

Of course, not expecting anything remotely like the finished article. 

Just interested to see if the shackles come off, assuming there were shackles to begin with, what kind of state of mind Grealish plays in and whether we attempt to control possession more. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Of course, not expecting anything remotely like the finished article. 

Just interested to see if the shackles come off, assuming there were shackles to begin with, what kind of state of mind Grealish plays in and whether we attempt to control possession more. 

So much of the football we played under Bruce was purely reactive football. Slow start. Let them dictate. Go a goal down . Start playing. The play-off final summed us up perfectly. If nothing else on Saturday, be nice to see a plan from minute 1-90. But look he's had 13 players in training the last 2 days. Horrible time/fixture list to take over. Will take time but he's definetely the right man.

Â