Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Not had chance to watch the conference yet but, given the comments here, I'm ecstatic about this appointment and the confirmation that it wasn't a last minute decision by the board.

Reinforces my belief they know what they're doing and that the structure in place will set us up for the future as well as getting the team earning their right to play. If they're not earning it, they won't be starting and that is the perfect solution for me.

Go get 'em Deano

42 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Well, I've not been banging on about it on here, but I've been singing Smith's praises for a while. I've said to friends and relatives for ages that a Premier League club should take a punt in Smith. 

I didn't think he would consider coming to be honest, he's built a good squad at Brentford, who are in good form, capable of promotion this season. 

He talks well, confident, he answers questions without having to resort to clichés. 

I think the thing that in my mind clsrifies how confident I am about Smith is that to me Bruce had a glass ceiling due to his style of play, that was top of the Championship, bottom of the Premier League. If we wanted to progress after promotion with Bruce, we would have had to sack him. I see Smith as a Premier League manager in the waiting, he can get us up, keep us up and improve us once we're up. 

Deaaaanooooo!

Agree with this wholeheartedly 

• Thanks 1

He has already noticed the imbalance in the team and he will plan each game meticulously rather than just 'work hard.

Seriously excited about the future...we are going to be a FOOTBALL side at last!

20 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I reckon he’s taken a photo of stuff Bruce left in the manager’s office. Unused training diaries, unused tactics board, unused computer, frequently used takeaway menus etc etc. 

...a stash of right backs mistakenly placed in the center back and left back bins...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

the big question is will he wear a suit or traccy in the dugout?

Suit jacket with tracky bottoms covers all the bases.  Throw in a waistcoat as an homage to Southgate, and you're done.

• Haha 1

Just now, il_serpente said:

...a stash of right backs mistakenly placed in the center back and left back bins...

And a box of bootlaces he’s nicked from the bootroom, plotting his revenge by making it impossible for his successor to build a proper game plan. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

Really impressive first press conference from Smith feels very right having him managing the club seems like the right fit ,I think we finally have the right man 

Yes, he was very good.

Relaxed and confident without being cocky, appreciative and respectful, ambitious but realistic.  Looks at home.  Good start.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In one way, I'm disappointed that Bruce has gone. That was my last chance to play for Aston Villa. OK, I'm 64, I haven't played football for about 20 years, and I was utterly crap when I did. But I WAS a right back... 

There or thereabouts

Â