Dean Smith

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, KHV said:

Correct, he is a scouser

Nah. Big Ron might have been born in Liverpool but he grew up in Shard End.  Moved to Brum when he was just a few days old.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Nah. Big Ron might have been born in Liverpool but he grew up in Shard End.  Moved to Brum when he was just a few days old.  

Not being pedantic, but it was......Lea Village

20 hours ago, TRO said:

He never grew up a villa fan

I believe the point was about "appointing a villa fan" in which case Gregory fits the bill as he was a Villa fan upon receiving the job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Bizarre. It's presumably a part time job, and he can stay in Scotland and just travel when he needs to. you know, what with finding it difficult to acclimatise to the midlands.

Bizarre - I honestly would not have Maloney down as coaching material- takes all I guess ?

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I believe the point was about "appointing a villa fan" in which case Gregory fits the bill as he was a Villa fan upon receiving the job.

Quite, as were Atkinson and Little for that matter.

I only answered the question asked... 

I'm ready for us to play already.  I wonder if Smith, O'Kelly, and Terry might come out with some kind of surprise.  Like  3-5-2 maybe.  or complete sit deep and counter.  or 4-1-3-2  (I suspect the latter is most likely)

One interesting thing is that Swansea will have very little idea what to expect, making their preparation difficult.  So, whatever we do, if we start really strong for the first 10-15 minutes, we could put them on their heels.

I would like to see three things.  More high pressure on the ball.  More off the ball movement when we have possession.  Fewer aimless, but hopeful crosses.

9 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I would like to see three things.  More high pressure on the ball.  More off the ball movement when we have possession.  Fewer aimless, but hopeful crosses.

We will see a lot, lot less crosses under Smith likewise shots from distance.

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

I think Mj Mooney explained it well.

I understand the point, but JG acquired his passion through a football job, born in Scunthorpe.....not a fan on the terraces from Youth, Like Ian Taylor....but its up for interpretation.

I guess Ron Atkinson, could be a candidate, raised in Lea Village, but i don't know if he supported Villa as a lad, like Dean.

Â