Dean Smith

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I doubt Smith will have much more time than Bruce to get it right. To be fair apart from the cock wombles shouting him out, Bruce had nearly 2 seasons. 

We can't get into this situation that just because Dean Smith will be building something here, that it is acceptable to lose games against the poor sides and not progress up the league. Even though I accept we may not get promoted this season, it will still be unacceptable in my view to finish any lower than a few below the play offs. It wasn't wholey the team being shite, it was Bruce and his non tactics. yes the defence is not great but we have Terry here now to tidy it up, so I'm not gonna start giving Smith excuses when we lose games.

Terry's not playing though. So to be fair, you can probably give him a bit of leeway on that last part! And we have an ghost for a goalkeeper (as in things go through him).

EDIT: I don't think anyone is making excuses in advance btw. For me, I've responded to a couple of these posts because they seem very very prepared to be negative. Truth is, I'm sure we're all hopeful for an improvement in the Swansea game itself and hopefully we go from there. That's not saying we shouldn't be prepared for Swansea to have plans of their own. They're capable themselves of attacking/shooting etc.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

I wonder which of our players will get to play that Ryan Woods role just in front of the back four. He is about 5 foot nothing but absolutely ran the show whenever he played against us, for Brentford. Just showed you didn't need a big player in that role so I'm guessing one of McGinn or Grealish might play there? Although, playing them there nullifies their attacking threat so maybe Thor or Hourihane instead? Gotta be someone comfortable on the ball and who can pass. Surely that rules out Jedinak and Whelan? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I wonder which of our players will get to play that Ryan Woods role just in front of the back four. He is about 5 foot nothing but absolutely ran the show whenever he played against us, for Brentford. Just showed you didn't need a big player in that role so I'm guessing one of McGinn or Grealish might play there? Although, playing them there nullifies their attacking threat so maybe Thor or Hourihane instead? Gotta be someone comfortable on the ball and who can pass. Surely that rules out Jedinak and Whelan? 

Has to be Thor for me. He’s the most comfortable on the ball and isn’t a natural DM. We always look better with him there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

On Whelan's debut he made the mandatory Pirlo type spray across and upfield pinpoint passes and then went down hill re:passing ability since then which seems to be the norm with our players, I remember a similar debut from Lansbury.

Who knows, maybe they still have it in the locker somewhere?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I was born in the old Loveday Street maternity hospital  (no longer there). I've never been able to establish whether or not it would have had a view of the VP floodlights. I do hope so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

Lansbury? I've never particularly rated him but he's looked decent passingwise at times. 

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was born in the old Loveday Street maternity hospital  (no longer there). I've never been able to establish whether or not it would have had a view of the VP floodlights. I do hope so. 

I think even the possibility that those wonderful floodlights were the first thing you saw as you arrived in the world, completely romantically nourishing. Let’s just assume you could ?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Also a stroke of luck that you couldn't smell the sty from there....some guys have all the luck?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

As long as we beat Bloose an the Baggies he has my full support. Serious pressure to beat Bloose I would say. :)

As long as we get promoted, he has my 100% support to do whatever he wants with the team ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

I really hope we see Grealish in particular but even McGinn no where near the back 4 as their main role. I think  Whelan could do the job you’ve mentioned, but isn’t Doyle hayes meant to be good on the ball? Perhaps Smith will play him there 

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

Grealish In front of the back 4? 

It'll be whelan or jedinak that play there for now  as they are our best cdms, one things for certain though it won't be Grealish! 

• Like 1

Â