Dean Smith

Demitri_C

38 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Screenshot-20190212-190550.jpg

If we've proved one thing here, it's that I have too much time on my hands. 

Heat of the moment.

I'm often like that after a game, usually come to senses a few days after every game.

Bruce didn't deserve the sack. 2 months in is way to early too judge a manager in a season. 

I'm also amazed by your passion digging in the archives to find this exact quote. Good on you.

Edited by villalad21

On 14/01/2019 at 10:53, villalad21 said:

Difference is Benitez actualy knows how to attack as well.

Bruce have no tactical nouse what so ever. With Bruce it's aimless hoofing and crossing hoping for the best.

Three and a half months after Bruce’s sacking.

This song is dedicated to Steve from Villalad21, he wants you to know that he’s sorry and that he misses you...

• Haha 1

No one can argue that Smith is not filling us with confidence. There aren’t even any signs that he is trying to implement a particular style that we could all see was coming along and just needed refining for next season. 

Yes, he is going to be more effective when he signs the players he wants. Smith does need a particular type of player: young and willing to learn and work hard. 

The problem is, if Smith were to leave, then what other type of Manager could come in and get a tune out of Smith type players? That type of player profile would struggle massively playing in front of a full Holte.

It would be far more sensible for Smith to try and get the most out of this bunch. After all, they are all established players who have done it before at other clubs. It’s this point that he should be called out for and not being able to do so makes me really nervous. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

What building? The majority of the signings been loans and Abraham + Axel aren't here next year.

All the squad building is happening in the summer regardless if he arrived now or in the summer.

All i am saying is only giving Bruce time till October is ridicilous when we decided to keep him in the summer.

Squad building can be also coaching, assessing which players to keep etc.. getting 8 months to do this before the real rebuilding is better than just doing it in the summer. 

The decision was not ridiculous, it made sense that new owners arriving when they did would want some stability, it then became clear bruce was failing so they decided not to waste anymore time. 

And thank ****

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hold up, haven't you already made up your manager about Smith?

So 2 months into a season was way too early to judge a manager who had been here almost 2 years.

However 3 months into Smiths first season is not too early to judge him?

I always said he deserves a pre season with the team, but no i haven't been impressed with him so far.

My point is it's way too fast to sack a manager 2 months into a season because you have a bad spell. Look at how Hull improved, things can change so fast in this league.

Transfer window clearly shows we're hamstrung by FFP.  It will take until winding down some ridiculous contracts and offloading some of the Bruce rejects for Smith to be properly judged. It's not like he hasn't given many players a chance. Bree got chance. Not good enough. Shipped off on loan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Three and a half months after Bruce’s sacking.

This song is dedicated to Steve from Villalad21, he wants you to know that he’s sorry and that he misses you...

This song is the best thing I have seen here in ages.

Great band - oop's back on track sorry 

19 hours ago, macandally said:

LOL, just because four or five of you keep whinging on here, it doesnt mean the “fans are going crazy”.

Try going to a game, most sensible supporters realise the position we are in and have patience, may I suggest, they are even “supporting” their team including the manager

I go to every game. And I don't who where you sit if you go but it's not as rosy as you are describing on Friday for example I witnessed 6 villa fans in a heated discussion which descended into a fight. 

Mass booing at Wigan (those who were still there) anger at Preston and Reading.

Do you go to games and if you do, do you pay attention to what is going on around you as your post suggests you either don't go or sit there oblivious to what is going on around you. 

Maybe I'm wrong maybe I should accept 1 win in 12 but call me old fashioned but I believe football is about winning games.

15 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

I go to every game. And I don't who where you sit if you go but it's not as rosy as you are describing on Friday for example I witnessed 6 villa fans in a heated discussion which descended into a fight. 

Do you sit in the kids section? What sort of idiots get into a fight over a football game

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I always said he deserves a pre season with the team, but no i haven't been impressed with him so far.

My point is it's way too fast to sack a manager 2 months into a season because you have a bad spell. Look at how Hull improved, things can change so fast in this league.

So we should have a little patience now as well then? Seeing that Dean Smith is going thru a bad spell at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

Mass booing at Wigan (those who were still there) anger at Preston and Reading.

Do you go to games and if you do, do you pay attention to what is going on around you as your post suggests you either don't go or sit there oblivious to what is going on around you. 

Maybe I'm wrong maybe I should accept 1 win in 12 but call me old fashioned but I believe football is about winning games.

Cannot believe I missed those 6 fans arguing in the 30k there.

I really do need to pay more attention

6 hours ago, Skruff said:

So we should have a little patience now as well then? Seeing that Dean Smith is going thru a bad spell at the moment. 

Logic doesn't work like that. You have to choose a position and selectively interpret everything possible and manipulate it to suit what you're saying.

Â